Atlantis Online
April 19, 2024, 10:48:14 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Ancient Crash, Epic Wave
http://www.iht.com/articles/2006/11/14/healthscience/web.1114meteor.php?page=1

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Astronomy of the Sphinx

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Astronomy of the Sphinx  (Read 6141 times)
cleasterwood

« on: October 02, 2007, 05:36:20 am »

Mdsungate,
If you look at the orion constellation as a whole:

The Yellow dots show the location of the existing pyramids, but there are red dots, which would be where the other missing pyramids could be found. 
"Star brightness and pyramid size: Giza consists of two almost equally tall pyramids and a smaller one which is only 53% of the height of the other two. The belt of Orion consists of two almost similarly bright stars, and one with only 50% of the brightness of the other two. The smallest pyramid is the one which deviates from the diagonal, as does the dimmest star!

Ohter pyramids: More pyramids in Egypt fit the picture of the sky: the two large pyramids at Dahshur are a match for the brightest two stars in the open cluster "Hyades", two more pyramids near Giza are bright stars of Orion, and the pyramids of Abusir are exactly where the head of Orion should be."

And yes, I read your post in the other thread.  Smiley

Blessed be,
Lynn

Report Spam   Logged

Ra's Warrior & the Talismans of Time!  http://www.talismansoftime.com

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

mdsungate

Hermes, Gateway of the Sun

« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2007, 03:34:36 pm »

Smiley  Hi everyone.  HereForNow posed a very, very interesting notion in another thread, which totally pertains to this "Orion" theory, (for lack of a better phrase). 

I had seen a television special, (or two), on this but I didn’t realize it was spreading to include more of Egypt than just the Giza plateau. 

What if all the pyramids, standing stones, and ancient sacred sites all over the world are laid out as a terrestrial representation of the stars in the sky?  Many have posed all kinds of geometric patterns based on various geometries to plot the megalithic sites that literally encompass the entire globe. If Giza is laid out in accordance to the stars in the sky, and now all of Egypt is, than why not take this idea further.

I’ve never encounter this notion anywhere in any of my readings.  Has anyone else here heard anything like this?  I know that this theory has also been proposed for the cities of the Anasazi Indians in the Americas, whose modern descendants are the Hopi Indians of Arizona. ...  But as far as I know, no one has proposed it to be a world wide phenomena. 
Report Spam   Logged

Hermes Trismegistus:  “As above, so below.”
Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2007, 04:50:32 pm »

Ok, I'll go along with that.

Why don't you start by checking out the position of the Chinese pyramids?

I am pretty sure that that is given, either in the threads I have about them, or

some of the other Google threads I read.
Report Spam   Logged

Your mind understands what you have been taught; your heart what is true.
mdsungate

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2007, 04:54:39 pm »

Smiley  The Chinese pyramids... good idea.  This may take some time, though.  I have to break out two kinds of maps, one for the earth, and another for the skies, LOL.  But I think we're on to something here.   Cool
Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2007, 05:33:54 pm »

I'm sure it's mentioned in one of my threads, Mike.  Especially the one with Rocky.

The other one is in another section that I'm sure I left a link to, there.

I'm kind of tied up with a loooong Aquarian Age thread right now (what else?) and

great-grand wants supper, too......
Report Spam   Logged

Horus

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2007, 09:53:06 am »

Ohter pyramids: More pyramids in Egypt fit the picture of the sky: the two large pyramids at Dahshur are a match for the brightest two stars in the open cluster "Hyades", two more pyramids near Giza are bright stars of Orion, and the pyramids of Abusir are exactly where the head of Orion should be."

Hi Lynn,

If you are referring to the pyramid of Abu Roash north of Giza and Zawiyet el-Aryan south of Giza, it's important to note that Robert Bauval, the originator of the Orion Correlation Theory, retracted the wider plan segment of his theory nine or ten years ago because it was easily disproved by a number of scholars including:

http://www.legon.demon.co.uk/orion.htm

http://www.catchpenny.org/orion.html

Horus
Report Spam   Logged

"For the greater individual is the one who is the servant of all. And to conquer self is greater than taking cities."

Reading 3253-2
Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2007, 10:28:48 am »

Sungate:

Re: SKY OVER CHINESE PYRAMIDS

Look here, second half of page:

http://atlantisonline.smfforfree2.com/index.php/topic,3587.msg33621.html#msg33621
Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2007, 02:09:18 pm »

OK, Sungate.  I have finished what I was doing, so here goes:

The Theory of The Chinese Pyramids  - 

by Mark & Richard Wells 

During our ongoing research in latter part of 1998 we had been using the Internet to search for information on ancient sites around the world. We came across a web site that had new information about Chinese Pyramids. The site had an article by Hartwig Hausdorf called The Exterritorial Legacy, this article gives his own ideas on the origin of the pyramids.

The site had a number of Photographs that were taken by the author Hartwig Hausdorf, when he was able to gain access to a number of locations in China that are normally off limits to visitors. This is one of main reasons that so little is know about them, The Pyramids are located in a 100km area around the city Xi'an, which is well known as the location of the terracotta warriers. These Warriers guard another pyramidal mound that is supposed to be tomb of Chin, the first emperor of China. There could be up to 100 pyramids in this part of China.

As there was no survey available for this site or any of the other Pyramid sites in China, we had no choice but to work on the small amount of material that was available. One of the Photographs shows a number of pyramids that appear to show some alignment. We decided that this photograph was worthy of closer examination. Using computer technology we first enlarged and enhanced the photo, then printed it out on two A3 sheets, this allowed us to work out an approximate layout of the pyramids on the ground.

We now needed to know the Cardinal directions relative to the layout of the pyramids. As there was no information available, this might have been a problem. The solution was in part of the enlarged photograph. You can roughly work out the height and therefore the position of the sun by using the length of the shadows made by the trees (about 32 degrees). Now transferring this information and the reference to information form the photographer's article to a Dos version of skyglobe on the computer, we find it is about 14.30 Hrs in the afternoon and the Sun is in the Southwest. With this information we get an idea of the alignment of the site, with the four central pyramids lying on the east- west axis.

Now with the sky ground ideas of Graham Hancock's in his books "Heavens Mirror", and "Keeper Of Genesis", as well as Robert G. Bauval Orion Giza ideas in "The Orion Mystery" fresh in our minds. We studied a number of star maps and the prominent star constellations. It was not hard to notice that our plan of the pyramid layout matched the constellation of Gemini, including the star Betelgeuse from the neighbouring constellation of Orion. Also the photograph appears as if it has been taken from the top of another pyramid, if we add this to the plan then you find that it matches the brightest star in Taurus, Aldebaran.

Now with all this new information we used skyglobe on the computer to examine this area of the sky backwards through time and more specifically to the date of 10500BC. Graham Hancock ideas have shown that this date may have some importance in unravelling the past. We find that the constellation of Gemini is rising on the spring equinox on that date, with the pyramids matching the sky, at sunrise.

This was all done with some computer technology and some technical drawing experience, it should be treated as theory at the moment. The only way to confirm our ideas it is to do a professional site survey. We have posted these to get your opinion on our idea as this may help compound the theory of Graham Hancock.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2007, 02:47:21 pm by Bianca2001 » Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2007, 02:19:24 pm »

With new information and photographs becoming available, we found a second connection with the work of Graham Hancock and Robert G. Bauval, and the Chinese Pyramids.

Perhaps you have already seen the two Photorecon pictures of the Pyramids in China that appeared on the web, if not then at least you are now aware of them. Having looked at the two pictures we can see that they are not of the areas photographed by Hartwig Hausdorf. We can only guess at their true size though we get some impression by the agricultural field systems that can be seen around them.

We can now take a closer look at the second one, this is a close up from the first photo showing some of the bigger Pyramids. There are a number of basic observations that we can make from this picture, the first is that there are two large pyramids that stand out from the rest. The second observation is that most of the smaller pyramids are arranged in straight lines. The third observation that we can make is possibly less obvious, but could be very important in the understanding of the pyramids. The four largest pyramids create a pattern on the ground; three of them are in a straight line with the forth one being slightly offset.

Now if we concentrate on the two larger pyramids and the offset pyramid we find a pattern that has been seen in the pyramids of Giza in Egypt and Teotihuacan in Mexico (By Robert Bauval and Graham Handcock). Now with a basic graphics program we can compare the four images Giza, Teotihuacan, China and the Stars of Orion's belt. This can be taken one step further by overlaying all the images to form just one image, the result as you can see is very striking.

This is the second sky ground correlation that we have found in the pyramids of china, we can only guess at the number of other sites that if studied in this way would show similar results. If you find this as fascinating as we do and you won't to find out more, then you should look at the web sites of the founders of these theories, Robert G. Bauval and Graham Hancock.

You will need to take into account that these pictures and facts are very rough. The Ancient Egyptians and Chinese only had their eyes to look at the stars in the constellation of Orion, so you can see that being precise to the arc minute and second does not matter in this early work! The concept of a sky ground correlation is what we are trying to explore at the moment.

These ideas could be coincidences, but if they are not then they could be revealing a lost knowledge of past civilisations.

http://www.earthquest.co.uk/articales/theory.html
« Last Edit: October 03, 2007, 02:32:50 pm by Bianca2001 » Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2007, 03:01:47 pm »

FROM THE ASTROLOGY SECTION :

Mystery of Orion, Pleiades and Draconis

The ancient Vedic texts answer the "Orion" mystery of the Pyramids, the "Draconis" mystery of temples in Angkor, and the "Pleiades" mystery of the Mayan civilization.
These texts contain more references concerning all these sacred constellations
and deep sky objects than any other ancient manuscripts.

The Orion mystery of the Pyramids arises from the fact that the three Pyramids at Giza, located south-west of Cairo, and are aligned exactly to the three middle stars of the constellation of Orion namely Alnitak, Alnilam and Mintaka. The three Pyramids are aligned at an angle of 45 degrees, and astronomical data shows that the belt of Orion was tilted at such an angle around 10,500 BC. Concluding, that the Pyramids were constructed not around 2500 BC, but by a more advanced civilization thousands of years earlier. The main chamber of the King's pyramid was linked to passages which aimed directly at the heart of Orion as it would have been located in that time.

The temples at ANGKOR in Cambodia form a shape exactly similar to the constellation of Draconis. Using astronomical data, once again it is found that the temples align with the constellation as it appeared around 10,500 BC. The constellations of ORION and DRACONIS lie almost opposite to each other in the celestial view from Earth. 
Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2007, 03:04:56 pm »

The year of 10,500 BC comes up in both cases, and this is also the time given by esoteric astrologers for the last great global cataclysm which destroyed a civilization much more advanced than our own. Esoteric astrology can help understand why the ancients were so keen on studying and following the motion of these sacred constellations. Within these celestial bodies also lies the key to the common source of all these civilizations, which can only be understood by understanding their esoteric significance through the study of astrology of the ancients. If these theories are correct, then the ancients constructed these structures as astronomical codes for preserving the knowledge of the past cataclysm, which happened around 10,500 BC, and also as a warning for future generations.

Most of the esoteric astrologers agree that the last major cataclysm occurred around 10,000 BC when the Age of Virgo gave way to the Age of Leo. This change of ages takes place due the Precession of the Equinox. The earth's axis is not stationary, but spins around and completes one revolution about each 26,000 years. This means that about every 2000 years, a different astrological sign rises at dawn on the Spring Equinox when night and day are of equal length. That period in history is said to be the Age of that rising sign. Ages after the Great Flood around 10,000 BC would be like this.

10000 - 8000 BC : Age of Leo
8000 - 6000 BC : Age of Cancer
6000 - 4000 BC : Age of Gemini
4000 - 2000 BC : Age of Taurus
2000 - 1 BC : Age of Aries
1 - 2000 AD : Age of Pisces
2000 AD onward : Age of Aquarius
Report Spam   Logged

mdsungate

« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2007, 04:34:15 pm »

Smiley  I'll post this in both threads:

Well that site certainly made things very easy.  Thanks “B”.  Here’s a little of what it had to say: 

TAKEN FROM:

http://atlantisonline.smfforfree2.com/index.php/topic,3587.msg33621.html#msg33621

Now with the sky ground ideas of Graham Hancock's in his books "Heavens Mirror", and "Keeper Of Genesis", as well as Robert G. Bauval Orion Giza ideas in "The Orion Mystery" fresh in our minds. We studied a number of star maps and the prominent star constellations. It was not hard to notice that our plan of the pyramid layout matched the constellation of Gemini, including the star Betelgeuse from the neighbouring constellation of Orion. Also the photograph appears as if it has been taken from the top of another pyramid, if we add this to the plan then you find that it matches the brightest star in Taurus, Aldebaran.

Now with all this new information we used skyglobe on the computer to examine this area of the sky backwards through time and more specifically to the date of 10500BC. Graham Hancock ideas have shown that this date may have some importance in unravelling the past. We find that the constellation of Gemini is rising on the spring equinox on that date, with the pyramids matching the sky, at sunrise.

I used an online distance calculator which told me this:

TAKEN FROM THIS SITE:

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/distance.html

Distance from Cairo to Beijing
Distance is 7557 kilometers or 4696 miles or 4080 nautical miles
The distance is the theoretical air distance (great circle distance). Flying between the two locations's airports can be longer or shorter, depending on airport location and actual route chosen.
Heading from Cairo
Latitude:    30° 00'   North
Longitude:    31° 17'   East
Initial heading:   55.6°   Northeast by east
Final heading:   111.3°   East-southeast
See other cities near CairoCalculate distance from Cairo to another location
Heading from Beijing
Latitude:    39° 55'   North
Longitude:    116° 23'   East
Initial heading:   291.3°   West-northwest
Final heading:   235.6°   Southwest by west
See other cities near BeijingCalculate distance from Beijing to another location

The circumference of the earth is 24,901.55 miles at the equator. 

BUT,

TAKEN FROM:

http://www.crichtonmiller.com/Pyramid%20maths.htm

In essence the reducing circumference of a small circle as you progress from the south equator to the North Pole south to north is 240 nautical miles per degree

30 x 240 = 7200 - 21600 = 14400 nautical miles earth circumference at 30 degrees latitude

But Beijing China is at 39 degrees latitude so we must subtract 240 nautical miles per degree.  Hence 240 x 9 degrees further north =  2160 nautical miles.  And so,

14400 nautical miles – 2160 nautical miles = 12,240 nautical miles of circumference at 39 degrees latitude. 

If we take the 12,240 degrees of circumference and divide it by 6, (half the number of signs in the zodiac, and exactly the distance in the sky from Leo to Aquarius), we get 2040 nautical miles per sign, (or per constellation). 

From Leo (the sign of the Giza pyramids and the Sphinx) to Gemini, (the sign of the Chinese pyramids at Xa’im), is two signs away.

Hence 2040 X 2 (signs or constellations) = 4080 nautical miles away

And there we have it!   

Distance from Cairo to Beijing = 4080 nautical miles

Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2007, 07:13:07 pm »

Mike:

I am going to list here any links I find of other places ALREADY connected to some star,
constellation etc., OK?

1.  The Mayas were a much advanced people. They were superb mathematicians and astronomers who devised one of the most accurate calendars known to man, far more accurate than the modern Gregorian calendar. The Mayan Calendar was devised through extremely accurate observations of the sun, the planets, the stars and the Milky Way galaxy. Mayan astronomers knew, through yet unknown methods, the exact location of the center of the Milky Way and attached great meaning to the birth and death of stars at this center.

The Mayas, in addition, possessed the required knowledge concerning the "Precession of the Equinoxes" that is necessary to create an accurate calendar. There is no question that the Mayas viewed time differently than Western man. Their magnificent pyramids were perfectly aligned to the sun and the one at Chichenitza was constructed in such a way that during the equinoxes, the setting sun casts a shadow of a serpent (Kukulcan/Quetzalcoatl/Jesus Christ) descending on the northern steps of the pyramid. This effect could only be obtained by extremely precise architectural and astronomical measurements.

http://www.aztlan.net/apocalypto.htm

2.  ...........Proof of advanced ancient astronomical knowledge, Tompkins believes, is abundant in much of the ancient architecture. It's obvious that all the great temples in Egypt were astronomically oriented and geodetically placed, he says. He is especially interested in Tel el-Amarna which he sees as the subject of a possible future book. The astronomical knowledge incorporated into the city built by Akhenaton, Tompkins believes to be mind blowing. Unfortunately for his plans though, Livio Catullo Stecchini, the Italian scholar and authority on ancient measurement, upon whom Tompkins relied for much of his work in Secrets of the Great Pyramid, is dead.

Interestingly, Tompkins never permitted Secrets of the Great Pyramid to be published in Italy because the publisher wanted to cut out Stecchini's appendix (not the organ, but the text). The injustice still angers Tompkins. Here's an unrecognized Italian genius, but the Italians said if you print it you can't have the book.

His subsequent book on the Mexican Pyramids further reinforced Tompkins view that the ancients were possessed of advanced astronomical knowledge. Though not convinced that the similarities between Egypt and Mexico prove the existence of a mother culture like Atlantis, as some have suggested, he does believe it's obvious that people went back and forth across the Atlantic. And he believes the Mexico builders used the same system of measurements as the Egyptians. I should write another whole book on the subject of what was known on both sides of the Atlantic

http://www.atlantisrising.com/issue3/ar3thompkins.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Livio_Catullo_Stecchini
« Last Edit: October 03, 2007, 07:41:08 pm by Bianca2001 » Report Spam   Logged

cleasterwood

« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2007, 06:12:45 am »

If you are referring to the pyramid of Abu Roash north of Giza and Zawiyet el-Aryan south of Giza, it's important to note that Robert Bauval, the originator of the Orion Correlation Theory, retracted the wider plan segment of his theory nine or ten years ago because it was easily disproved by a number of scholars including:
Horus

I'm not referring to Abu Roash or Zawiyet el-Aryan.  I believe there are more undiscovered pyramids that do represent the exact layout of Orion.  The constellation as a whole was important to the Egyptians and not just the stars of the Orion's belt.  Have any of these scholars, including Bauval, stopped to consider that if the Giza monuments were built in 10,500 BC as they believe, then the Nile would have flowed in a totally different direction?  This can't just be discarded when dealing with multiple pyramid theories.  In 10,5000 BC the climate of Egypt was much more lush than it is today and the Nile, according to many, did not run it's current course.  Instead, the Nile flowed closer to or even into the Atlantic ocean. This is also proven because the dry river bed is still visible.

Maybe it's time to reconsider the theory as Bauval has it, but not time to discard it completely.

Blessed be,
Lynn
Report Spam   Logged

Ra's Warrior & the Talismans of Time!  http://www.talismansoftime.com
Horus

« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2007, 02:08:22 pm »

I'm not referring to Abu Roash or Zawiyet el-Aryan.  I believe there are more undiscovered pyramids that do represent the exact layout of Orion.  The constellation as a whole was important to the Egyptians and not just the stars of the Orion's belt.  Have any of these scholars, including Bauval, stopped to consider that if the Giza monuments were built in 10,500 BC as they believe, then the Nile would have flowed in a totally different direction?  This can't just be discarded when dealing with multiple pyramid theories.  In 10,5000 BC the climate of Egypt was much more lush than it is today and the Nile, according to many, did not run it's current course.  Instead, the Nile flowed closer to or even into the Atlantic ocean. This is also proven because the dry river bed is still visible.

I looked into this a few years ago.  12,000 years ago the Nile by Giza was in its present course.  It was however in a vastly different course in the south toward Kush.  It only flowed into the Atlantic in the order of hundreds of thousands of years ago.

Here are some links I still had floating around for the people who really got into this:

http://www.goroadachi.com/timerivers/

http://www.v-j-enterprises.com/nile.html

I do believe there are small, buried pyramids east of the Sphinx but it seems doubtful that there are any more grandiose large pyramids to complete the terrestrial hologram of the full Orion constellation. Such structures are hard to miss. 

The latest is Andrew Collin's Cygnus Correlation Theory and the stars of Cygnus Wing do match the pyramids at Giza more precisely than Orion's belt.  The trouble IMO is making the cosmological link to AE religion.  Bauval and Collins debated things on the Hancock forum back in March.  It was very interesting but stalemated.

http://www.andrewcollins.com/page/articles/Cygnus_Orion_Giza.htm

Horus

Report Spam   Logged

"For the greater individual is the one who is the servant of all. And to conquer self is greater than taking cities."

Reading 3253-2
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: