Atlantis Online
April 18, 2024, 06:22:55 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Update About Cuba Underwater Megalithic Research
http://www.timstouse.com/EarthHistory/Atlantis/bimini.htm

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Temple of Neith

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Temple of Neith  (Read 5617 times)
Ian Nottingham
Superhero Member

« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2008, 01:11:33 pm »

I hear you, Bianca, but I have to say, if the Greeks weren't involved with the war, what would be the point of the whole story..?  I've heard that analysis before, George Erikson also seems to think that the Greek involvement was up for debate.

I actually hold a differing view. There was a prehistoric war between an ancient power in the Atlantic, we've lost it in time (records before 2000 bc are pretty sketchy), and the reason why we don't have any records of it is because Sais (and the Temple of Neith) was destroyed, where the story was recorded. 

The questions we need to ask ourselves is what part of the Peloponnese was Plato referring to when he was talking about ancient Greece?  I'm guessing that parts of that are now underwater right now, Greece used to be much bigger in ancient times.

The other question we need to ask is, just what constituted Atlantis?  Records being vague as they are, I am still guessing it either emanated from Spain, Morrocco, the Canaries, or somewhere out in the Atlantic.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: