Atlantis Online
March 29, 2024, 02:54:28 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 'Europe's oldest city' found in Cadiz
http://mathaba.net/rss/?x=566660

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Death of a President

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Death of a President  (Read 907 times)
911Avenger

« on: October 14, 2007, 02:01:13 am »

Synopsis

A faux documentary broadcast in 2008 gives a news account, with talking head interviews, of the assassination of President George W. Bush on 19 October 2007. The fictional T.V. news broadcast relates how a hidden sniper fatally shot the president following an economic speech at the Chicago Sheraton Hotel, in front of which an anti-war rally was being held. A man of Syrian origins, Jamal Abu Zikri, becomes the prime suspect.

Vice President Dick Cheney, promoted to president, uses the possible al-Qaeda connection of the suspect to push his own agenda. He calls for "PATRIOT Act III", giving the F.B.I., police, and other government agencies increased investigative powers on U.S. citizens and others, and contemplates an attack on Syria.

After Zikri is convicted based on dubious forensic evidence, the report indicates that the perpetrator is most likely Al Claybon, an African-American 1991 Gulf War veteran living in Rock Island, IL, and father of a soldier who has recently died in the line of duty in Iraq. The assassin blames Bush for the death of his son and commits suicide after murdering Bush. His suicide note, addressed to his son Casey, a Chicago-based veteran of the Iraq War, reads:

“ Everything I stood for and raised you to stand for has turned bad. There's no honor in dying for an immoral cause. For lies. I love my country, but I love God, and the sons He gave me even more. I must do the right thing by you and by David. George Bush killed our David, and I cannot forgive him for that. ”

Ten months after the assassination, however, Zikri remains on death row with government officials holding up his appeal.

Casey Claybon later finds evidence in his father's house linking the father to planning the shooting of President Bush, the most incriminating of which is a copy of a top secret document outlining to the minute Bush's itinerary in Chicago on 19 October. As the film ends, the U.S. government is still in the midst of investigating how Claybon obtained this document.

It should be noted, that in the final captions before the credits, it is established that the PATRIOT Act III was signed into permanent law.

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: