Atlantis Online
April 19, 2024, 02:28:32 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: FARMING FROM 6,000 YEARS AGO
http://www.thisislincolnshire.co.uk/displayNode.jsp?nodeId=156622&command=displayContent&sourceNode=156618&contentPK=18789712&folderPk=87030

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

the Richat Structure

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: the Richat Structure  (Read 11768 times)
Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #60 on: August 21, 2007, 11:57:50 am »

Titiea

Have you checked the sources from Sudan, Arabic and Islam?  A lot of their sites are in English
and because of France's former ties in Algeria, there ought to be plenty in French.

Surely, they would have more information, as we in the West are not too oriented to Islamic
countries.

b

« Last Edit: August 21, 2007, 12:00:05 pm by Bianca2001 » Report Spam   Logged

Your mind understands what you have been taught; your heart what is true.
Titiea

« Reply #61 on: August 21, 2007, 12:16:03 pm »

Here is a simplified map of the kingdom of Kush : Kerma, Napata, Meroe.

Report Spam   Logged

In archeology, ancient traditions must be considered, unless new findings will prove the contrary.
Titiea

« Reply #62 on: August 21, 2007, 12:19:29 pm »

Titiea

Have you checked the sources from Sudan, Arabic and Islam?  A lot of their sites are in English
and because of France's former ties in Algeria, there ought to be plenty in French.

Surely, they would have more information, as we in the West are not too oriented to Islamic
countries.

Hi Bianca,

I don't understand what you want to mean about french and information from islamic countries...
« Last Edit: August 21, 2007, 12:30:57 pm by Titiea » Report Spam   Logged

In archeology, ancient traditions must be considered, unless new findings will prove the contrary.
Titiea

« Reply #63 on: August 21, 2007, 12:27:10 pm »

Thak you I found it.I saw the circular structure also..Mt Meroe even exist in the Indian myths.this must be the real Atlantis..Actually I think This is the same thing with the Garden of Eden also..Anybody researched this circular structure??

Hi Julia,

I would like you give us precise informations on the indian myth concerning Meroe.

As for the garden of Eden, I think it was Egypt because  Genesis said "There was a garden at the orient of Eden. A stream flooded from Eden to wet the garden and from there it divided into four branches".
Eden, the red earth is Africa and the stream is evidently the Nile river and its egyptian delta. But we can also consider that the garden was all along the course of Nile valley...
« Last Edit: August 21, 2007, 01:45:07 pm by Titiea » Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #64 on: August 21, 2007, 01:22:49 pm »

Titiea,

When I want to know BETTER information about a country that is primarily Muslim, I go to various
newspapers/magazines that come from that source.  A lot of their news and information is published
in English.  A lot of their information is better than ours, especially about history and antiquity of their own country.   Sudan is such a Muslim country.  GOOGLE search engines are in a lot of countries.  Their trans-
lations (at least in Italian) are pretty good.

That's where I got my Nubian stories, the PiriReis Map stories and a lot of others.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2007, 01:29:28 pm by Bianca2001 » Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #65 on: August 22, 2007, 08:13:06 am »

You probably could start here and follow any leads they may supply:

http://www.diplomatie.gouv.fr/en/country-files_156/sudan_248/france-and-sudan_5307/archaeology_8238.html
Report Spam   Logged

julia

« Reply #66 on: August 22, 2007, 05:18:11 pm »

Dear Titieia:
I found this in Wikipedia:
Mount Meru (Sanskrit: मेरु; Tamil: மெரு) (confused with Sumeru by some ancient and modern authors) is a sacred mountain in Hindu ,Buddhist cosmology] and Jain mythology considered to be the center of all real and mythological universes. It is believed to be the abode of Brahma and other deities. The mountain is said to be 80,000 yojanas or leagues (450,000 km) high and located in Jambudvipa, one of the continents on earth in Hindu mythology. Many Hindu temples, including Angkor Wat, the principal temple of Angkor in Cambodia, have been built as symbolic representations of the mountain.

Contents [hide]
1 Legends
1.1 Meru, Vayu and Lanka
1.2 Meru, Agastya and the Vindhya mountains
2 Beliefs
3 Literary References
4 See also
5 External links

[edit] Legends
Mount Meru finds mention innumerable times in Hindu Lore. Some of the better-known legends are recounted here.

[edit] Meru, Vayu and Lanka
Legends say that Mount Meru and the wind god Vayu were good friends. However, the sage Narada approached Vayu and incited him to humble the mountain. Vayu blew with full force for one full year, but Meru was shielded by Garuda with his wings.(he was flying high) However, after a year Garuda took respite for some time. Thus the apex of the mountain was broken and it fell into the sea and created the island of Sri Lanka.

[edit] Meru, Agastya and the Vindhya mountains
Another legend well-known to this day in India, is regarding the daily circumnambulation of the sun around mount Meru, and involves the sage Agastya. The legend goes thus:

The Vindhya mountains that separate north and south India from each other once showed a tendency to grow so high as to obstruct the usual trajectory of the sun. This was accompanied by increasing vanity on the part of that mountain range, which demanded that Surya, the sun-God, circumnambulate the Vindhya mountains daily, just as he does Mount Meru (identified by some as being the north pole). The need arose to subdue, by guile, the Vindhyas, and Agastya was chosen to do that.

Agastya journeyed from north to south, and on the way encountered the now impassable Vindhya mountains. He asked the mountain range to facilitate his passage across to the south. In reverence for so eminent a sage as Agastya, the Vindhya mountains bent low enough to enable the sage and his family to cross over and enter south India. The Vindhya range also promised not to increase in height until Agastya and his family returned to the north. Agastya settled permanently in the south, and the Vindhya range, true to its word, never grew further. Thus, Agastya accomplished by guile something that would have been impossible to accomplish by force.

[edit] Beliefs
The legends, puranas and Hindu epics frequently state that Surya, the sun-God, circumambulates Mount Meru every day. In late 19th c. when it was believed that Aryans may have had their original home Urheimat in North Europe, it was thought that Mount Meru may actually refer to the "center of the world." The Iranians claim that the Aryans came from Mount Hara. Har is another name of Shiva, who has His abode in this mountain. Some beliefs, local to that area of the Himalayas, associate mythical Mount Meru with a mountain called Kailasa near the Lake Manasarovar in Tibet,which can be traced to some later layers of Mahabharata.

For the equivalent central mountain in Buddhist cosmology, see Sumeru.

[edit] Literary References
In the novel Far, Far the Mountain Peak by John Masters the central character Peter Savage becomes obsessed by the task of making the first ascent of a newly-discovered mountain in the north-west part of the then British India. The mountain is named Meru, in a conscious reference to the legendary mountain: "There have always been legends in Asia about a sacred mountain somewhere in Western Tibet, and it has always been called Meru, though no one has definitely found it ... so they are going to call this one Meru..." (Penguin edition, p. 78).
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It is a known fact that Dravidian people came from+Africa(Ethiopia)around 30-40 .000 years ago.And Indo-Aryans came later.This Mount Meru is in Jain(dravidian ) mythology.. So, It is the same mountain..
Actulaly I believe some of them came from indonesia..But It was already no people in India 40.000 years ago That means all the Indian people came from somewhere else.There was land a bridge between Africa and India(It is in the Indian Myths)They came from there/inthe Ice age there were many land bridges.may be American Natives went to America Through the Land bridges too.

[
Report Spam   Logged
julia

« Reply #67 on: August 22, 2007, 05:33:35 pm »

Actually genetic association of the South Indian people is more like australoids.But Some people has to came from Africa because There is this Myths..
And The language of Nlio Sharan people also has some similarities with the dravidian.It mus be some connection..
T
The Indo-european(Aryan) origin is not known, But, in my studies, Indo-European languages are just a creole of dravidian+Semitic+etruscan..(The Etruscan language also has some connections with the Dravidian)As arace The Southern Indian people belong to Red racewhich is Autralo-Indonesian race.They have not genetic similarities to black Africans..
Report Spam   Logged
BlueHue
Superhero Member

il mio va Piano, sono Asino ?

« Reply #68 on: August 24, 2007, 10:53:05 am »

Hi Juliea
What circular structure are you referring to?

DEAR - QOAIS,

Atlantis was and still is an extinct Volcano-caldeiras-structurewith 9 phases of past eruptions which accounts for 9 cave-ins or 9 rimms of the former blasted new volcano walls, so for a non Lava but MUD-Volcano such socalled Richat's structures are noemal and the larger near a ftectonic Faultline such as at the AFAR Trinagle.

NOTE that Atlantis was an SUBSIDED Island thus half under water of a circle makes an oval e.g. 2000 x 3000 'Stadia'.

For obvious reason a Volcanologist was not invited at MELOS-1.

FORGET SUDAN and MEROË, thewy are not Connected with Mound MERU, this means RED-Mountain and it was one of the many names of ADEN.

ADEN was and is made from the RED MUD or Oricalchum or LÖSS and if the top has broken off and became the isle of Sri-Lanka or SOCOTRA than Aden-Crater must have been Twice as high as today.

Indeed Mound-MERU, and Jerusalem/ Kadesh Atlantis were all the Middle-axis of the Ea\rth. in various historic times.

Sincerely Sad  " BlueHue ".  Sad  dd Aug.24- 2007
« Last Edit: August 24, 2007, 11:00:07 am by BlueHue » Report Spam   Logged

( Blue's)THEORY, locating"original" Atlantis( in Aden-Yemen.)
1: ATLANTIS =Fake=Latin name, original Greek: ATHE(=a Region in Aden)
2: Atlantic-OCEAN=Greek: RIVER-of-Atlas+also" Known "World-OCEAN(=Red-Sea)
3: Greek-obsolete-Numeral 'X' caused Plato's Atlantisdate:9000=900
BlueHue
Superhero Member

il mio va Piano, sono Asino ?

« Reply #69 on: August 24, 2007, 11:01:41 am »

Grin  Have you checked historic websites sources for Sudan, Araby and Islam?   in English
But, there ought to be plenty in French. Surely, they would have more information, as we in the West are not too oriented to Islamic.(= bysantine legacy.)   Grin
countries. Bianca,  I don't understand what you want to mean about french and information from islamic countries...

YES I KNOW what you want usd to do, sitting day and night sorting out Possible leads to the origin of MOUND- MERU is not my cup-of-tea-neihter .

But THIS is a dead end street because MEROE is not, the original name  of this place on the Nile near NAPATA
MEROË is a district of ancient UPPER-Egypt, it is the OLD -THEBES, or SHEBA, before General KA-Moses comitted a NEW THEBES(= the present one.)

Name MEROË is the son of Great-King Cambyssos who named the place after his son in 525 bc. So in finding Mound-MERU or HUR there is barking-up the Wrong Tree.

ADEN was Re-named several times in history it is the original -jewish/Hebrew-LAND-of-DAN, Ras ADEN means the ' Island-of-AD-lantis '.

READ the previopus POST where I comment that Aden was made up of a Mound of RED  MUD called: " Su-Bartu or SU MERU "and since the spire has toppled it was much higher formerly.

Sincerely Sad  " BlueHue "Sad  dd Aug. 24- 2007
« Last Edit: August 28, 2007, 04:08:41 pm by BlueHue » Report Spam   Logged

( Blue's)THEORY, locating"original" Atlantis( in Aden-Yemen.)
1: ATLANTIS =Fake=Latin name, original Greek: ATHE(=a Region in Aden)
2: Atlantic-OCEAN=Greek: RIVER-of-Atlas+also" Known "World-OCEAN(=Red-Sea)
3: Greek-obsolete-Numeral 'X' caused Plato's Atlantisdate:9000=900
julia

« Reply #70 on: August 24, 2007, 03:45:47 pm »

Dear Bluehue: how do you know that country in Aden was jewish.At that time it was no jews around may be only semites.Garden of edenor Aden must be the origin country of Semitic Hamitic and yaphetidic people.Not only jewish.I think semitic people first began with the babylonians.And Then They seperated..
Report Spam   Logged
Titiea

« Reply #71 on: August 25, 2007, 04:03:27 am »

The pyramids of Meroe : They are the kings' tombs mentioned by Plato. Some ones were re-built by Nubians for the information of tourists.

« Last Edit: August 25, 2007, 04:08:40 am by Titiea » Report Spam   Logged

julia

« Reply #72 on: August 25, 2007, 04:34:32 pm »

Dear Bluehue:
There are many theories.I am really confused.I dont know what to believe in now..Your theory  and Titeia s theory matches My theory of linguistics.
Tartessian history shows, it was abig kingdom there, But, themain thing is I do not believe in Plato..I think he either mixed up sveral things(especially tartessos with the lydian kingdom -Tantalus and his daughter Atlantius- and the Kingdom of Eden or Aden (punic kingdomwhich is beginning of the Greek history also)All those historical kingdoms and may be some of Egyptian history Plato either mixed up intentionally to create a so-called perfect society or may be he didnt know well, so he mixed up..
but all of this is pretty confusing to me and I dont belive Atlantis ever existed anymore.I belive in positive science.If you find the channels and acropolis in Aden, it is ok with me Aden is Atlantis..
I dont claim anything about this issue anymore because, I dont know any old greek nor enough history to have someobsessions like some pople we know  Cheesy ;)I believe your work has to be published too.You have every right to publish your opinion like everyone else..
with love and peace-Your"old" julia Cheesy Kiss
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: