Atlantis Online
April 19, 2024, 07:48:22 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Site provides evidence for ancient comet explosion
http://www.thenewstribune.com/news/nationworld/story/173177.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

the Richat Structure

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: the Richat Structure  (Read 11770 times)
julia

« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2007, 06:02:39 pm »

Dear Titeia and Qoais:
I dont know how much truth in Platos descrptions But he said the Ocean was navigable before and After Atlantis  was destroyed It was mud there..but he talks about the ATlantic Ocean .Not The Indian Ocean.I think same since the beginning that Plato mixed up a lot ofmyths and Legends.So, Aden-ethipia Myth could beOne ATlantis and tartessos could be the second.I am not sure he changed the truth but
 may be he knew so.he heard that from egyptians So, egyptians could tell a story about The Aden orMay be that was 2-3 stories together ..Some people like montexano belive in zelously to Plato..but, I have my doubts..
And If There was no buildings in Richat structure what are those little stones are doing there They look like building stones.
Report Spam   Logged
Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2007, 07:56:05 pm »

Hi Julia
I agree, that until Atlantis is found, we will never know exactly for sure just what truths Plato was telling and what he THOUGHT was the truth. 

I don't think anyone has ever dated the stones at the Richat structure, but it was under water multi-centuries ago.  The proof of that is in the structure itself.  It's supposedly a salt dome.  The salt comes from it having been under water millenia ago.   It could be that the stones were put there in more "recent" times, but unless someone dates them, we won't know how long they've been there. 
Report Spam   Logged

An open-minded view of the past allows for an unprejudiced glimpse into the future.

Logic rules.

"Intellectual brilliance is no guarantee against being dead wrong."
Titiea

« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2007, 03:18:08 am »

This is tardive mythology, by the way fantastic (as a parabole). So I cannot answer your question because I really don't know if this deeds concern the egyptian Herakles (Kamose) or the Greek one (theban Alcid) who lived several generations later (without precision). The Egyptian Herakles lived on about 1500 B.C., in the time of Kerma (Sudan) and after. He was a fighting prince, a great general and an explorer. He was the first to use a navy for war. So certainly he visited all the inhabited world as far as Europa and  India, but I wonder if I needed to be a robber of cows... although not impossible as all the nations he have conquered must pay tribute to Egypt.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2007, 03:28:26 am by Titiea » Report Spam   Logged

In archeology, ancient traditions must be considered, unless new findings will prove the contrary.
Titiea

« Reply #33 on: August 17, 2007, 03:33:59 am »

Hi Julia,

We must ask a geologist about the history of the formation of the Dahlak archipelago in the Red Sea. As you know the ground under this sea is in subduction, so the level of the earth under the sea is always becoming higher. Perhaps the level of the archipelago was lower before and the ships could more easily pass between the islands.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2007, 07:52:44 am by Titiea » Report Spam   Logged

In archeology, ancient traditions must be considered, unless new findings will prove the contrary.
Titiea

« Reply #34 on: August 17, 2007, 03:36:34 am »

Please see also my contribution in the topic Nubia, Scholars Race to Recover a Lost Kingdom on the Nile.

And also in this web site:

http://www.diplomatie.gouv.fr/fr/actions-france_830/archeologie_1058/les-carnets-archeologie_5064/afrique-arabie_5068/soudan-el-hassa_16862/index.html
« Last Edit: August 17, 2007, 03:38:37 am by Titiea » Report Spam   Logged

Titiea

« Reply #35 on: August 17, 2007, 07:30:45 am »

REFERENCES to ANCIENT AUTHORS

Publius Petronius : "Romans are not responsible for the ruin of Ethiopia. It is the result of numerous conflicts between Egyptians and Ethiopians. Alternatively Ethiopia was leader or was submitted to Egypt »

I have a table to put there, but impossible. So I can send it to each of you by e-mail on private request.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2007, 07:53:55 am by Titiea » Report Spam   Logged

Titiea

« Reply #36 on: August 17, 2007, 08:27:28 am »

Hi Qoais,

Here is a description of Ethiopia and the island of Meroe by Strabo the geographer :

STRABO, Geographia, Book 17, chapter 1 (Egypt and Ethiopia)

2. "According to Eratosthene, the Nile is nine hundred or a thousand stadia distant towards the west from the Arabian Gulf, and is similar in shape to the letter N written reversed; for after flowing, he says, from Meroê towards the north about two thousand seven hundred stadia, it turns back towards the south and the winter sunset about three thousand seven hundred stadia, and after almost reaching the same parallel as that of the region of Meroê and projecting far into Libya and making the second turn, flows towards the north five thousand three hundred stadia to the great cataract, turning aside slightly towards the east, and then one thousand two hundred stadia to the smaller cataract at Syenê, and then five thousand three hundred more to the sea. Two rivers empty into it, which flow from some lakes on the east and enclose Meroê, a rather large island. One of these rivers, which flows on the eastern side of the island, is called Astaboras and the other is called Astapus, though some call it Astasobas and say that another river, which flows from some lakes in the south, is the Astapus and that this river forms almost all the straight part of the body of the Nile, and that it is filled by the summer rains. Above the confluence of the Astaboras and the Nile, he says, at a distance of seven hundred stadia, lies Meroê, a city bearing the same name as the island; and there is another island above Meroê which is held by the Aegyptian fugitives who revolted in the time of Psammitichus, and are called "Sembritae," meaning "foreigners." They are ruled by a queen, but they are subject to the kings of Meroê. The lower parts of the country on either side of Meroê, along the Nile towards the Red Sea, are inhabited by Megabari and Blemmyes, who are subject to the Aethiopians and border on the Aegyptians, and, along the sea, by Troglodytes (the Troglodytes opposite Meroê are a ten or twelve days' journey distant from the Nile), but the parts on the left side of the course of the Nile, in Libya, are inhabited by Nubae, a large tribe, who, beginning at Meroê, extend as far as the bends of the river, and are not subject to the Aethiopians but are divided into several separate kingdoms.[/b] The extent of Aegypt along the sea from the Pelusiac to the Canobic mouth is one thousand three hundred stadia. This, then, is what Eratosthenes says.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2007, 08:29:52 am by Titiea » Report Spam   Logged

Titiea

« Reply #37 on: August 17, 2007, 09:23:36 am »

Relief circulaire avec cours d'eau rectiligne au nord Est du site de la ville de Méroé :

« Last Edit: August 18, 2007, 08:11:38 am by Titiea » Report Spam   Logged

julia

« Reply #38 on: August 17, 2007, 06:59:27 pm »

dear titeia: unfortunately, I dont understand any french.I know some Latin, german, Albanian and My language of Hungarian ..
Report Spam   Logged
Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #39 on: August 17, 2007, 07:50:32 pm »

Julia, let me help:

"Circular relief with the course of the water at right angles to the  North East of the site

of the City of Meroe."

The maps should be easy to translate.  If you have any problems with them, let me know.

b
Report Spam   Logged

Your mind understands what you have been taught; your heart what is true.
Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #40 on: August 17, 2007, 09:58:59 pm »

Hi Titeia
Could you give us a closer shot of the pyramids of Meroe?
Report Spam   Logged

An open-minded view of the past allows for an unprejudiced glimpse into the future.

Logic rules.

"Intellectual brilliance is no guarantee against being dead wrong."
julia

« Reply #41 on: August 17, 2007, 10:36:35 pm »

Dear Titeia;
I couldnt find it in my google Earth.Please tell me near which contemporary city??
Report Spam   Logged
Titiea

« Reply #42 on: August 18, 2007, 06:46:18 am »

dear titeia: unfortunately, I dont understand any french.I know some Latin, german, Albanian and My language of Hungarian ..

Oh, Julia and others, I apologize, I am sorry. I forgave I must translate into english.

Here is the translation of my comments of the photo:

"Circular relief with rectilinear river (or canal) in north East of the site of the town of Meroe (North Sudan)".

For any case, Google translater could help you for many languages if necessary at the following address :
http://translate.google.com/translate_t
« Last Edit: August 18, 2007, 06:55:11 am by Titiea » Report Spam   Logged

Titiea

« Reply #43 on: August 18, 2007, 07:35:02 am »

I put here total wiews of the pyramids of Meroe, but you will find easily numerous views of these pyramides on the web.

« Last Edit: August 18, 2007, 07:56:07 am by Titiea » Report Spam   Logged

Titiea

« Reply #44 on: August 18, 2007, 07:55:04 am »

As for the antique city of Meroe, there are some indicating pannels  in Google Earth, but we must be cautious as they are often very imprecise. But if the locations are imprecise of about 5 to 10 kms, the informations are good. For example they mention a royal bath in the ruins of the antique city. This is an indication given also by Plat'o.
To allow you to localize more easily the zone on Google Earth I give you the approximate coordinates :
15° 59' 12.15" N ; 33° 44' 00.91" E

« Last Edit: August 18, 2007, 08:05:22 am by Titiea » Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: