Atlantis Online
March 29, 2024, 09:08:25 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Ancient Crash, Epic Wave
http://www.iht.com/articles/2006/11/14/healthscience/web.1114meteor.php?page=1

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

the Richat Structure

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: the Richat Structure  (Read 11639 times)
Mark of Australia

« on: June 28, 2007, 11:42:52 am »

HI Qoais

...And this is a response to Julia's belief that the Richat structure must be Atlantis. At face value,I can see why anyone with a basic understanding of Atlantis might think the Richat Structure (RS) to be Atlantis herself. But because the size and location of it do not match Plato's description I don't think it is Atlantis. It does however seem to be the same type of geological feature as the site of Atlantis according to Plato. So let's say that Atlantis is also one of these features but smaller ,with a diameter of 10km or so. That the RS is in the general region of the world where Atlantis is supposed to be, aswell as the Semsiyat dome not far off , it is plausible that another example of this type of geological feature was used as the site of Atlantis.

So I do think that RS is 'evidence' in favor of Atlantis.You just have to now find one of those features on the ocean floor.Then you will have Atlantis..

Although, I consider there is a slight chance that RS could actually be Atlantis ,but it's a long shot.Of course ,it means that after having sunk ,it rose again .This would require a complete rearrangement of the western Sahara.Interestingly ,the ancients seemed to think there was an inland sea there,I don't recall where I read that though unfortunately.....
If Rs is Atlantis atleast the search area is narrowed to a very small location ,the centre circle of RS. I look forward to expedition updates thanks Julia. Tongue.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: