Atlantis Online
April 19, 2024, 07:36:02 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Has the Location of the Center City of Atlantis Been Identified?
http://www.mysterious-america.net/hasatlantisbeenf.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Iran, how best to deal with it?

Poll
Question: Iran's nuclear aspirations are a problem. What is the best way to handle it?
Bomb them back into the Stone Age. - 4 (23.5%)
Negotiate with them, like we did with North Korea. - 13 (76.5%)
Total Voters: 17

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Iran, how best to deal with it?  (Read 845 times)
Jake

« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2007, 12:41:40 am »

That's all well and good, because we do not take hostages, we just shoot down airliners.

Not having "diplomatic relations" with a country does not allow one to shoot down whatever aircraft flies from their airspace. Especially civilian traffic.

The whole not having "diplomatic relations" thing, is funny on its own.

Have you ever heard of IRAN CONTRA?

Apparently we do not have to have "diplomatic relations" with a country to supply them with weapons. Wink

I have stated why I believe that they present no clear danger to us, or anyone else for that matter. (Still waiting on the info about the terror squads)
However, my views aside, it is obvious that this build up of public support will lead to the attacking of Iran, their supposed/real retaliation, and the removal of the few rights that we have left to "protect" us.

They are not a threat to us, we are a threat to them.

It is obvious to me that you "Roy", are not interested in talking facts. You are here to spout one liners and direct the flow of the posting.

Incidentally I will give you credit for the topic 'Why are people not voting Republican.' Most of the other people that are posting on that topic are simply following your lead. All that they can talk about now is how you, supposedly, look, what your drinking habits may be, and (now) how your money was not "god" given or how "god" does not like republicans better (or something to that effect). (HereForNow stuck to his guns (very eloquently) for a while, but even he lost out to the twinkie comment.) Most are no longer talking about the issue at hand, the Republican's policies.

You, "Roy", as brilliantly simple as you are at misdirection, shall not hear anything else from me. I do not believe that there is anything worthwhile to be gained from playing the he said/she said game with you.

Furthermore, on the topic of Democrats and Republicans, I am gathering names and numbers to make a comprehensive post on how I feel they are the same. I did say that I will not post again on the topic 'Why are people not voting Republican?', thus I will not. I will defend my view later this week, when I have some time to sit in front of the computer for a while. (As HereForNow pointed out, some of us have to work to get along in this life  Wink)

Jake

“The proposition is this: that in a time of war the commander of an armed force... has the power... to suspend all civil rights and their remedies, and subject citizens... to the rule of his will... If true, [our] republican government is a failure, and there is an end of liberty regulated by law.”
  - David Davis - (1815-1886)

Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: