Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 02:41:31 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Comet theory collides with Clovis research, may explain disappearance of ancient people
http://uscnews.sc.edu/ARCH190.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Iran, how best to deal with it?

Poll
Question: Iran's nuclear aspirations are a problem. What is the best way to handle it?
Bomb them back into the Stone Age. - 4 (23.5%)
Negotiate with them, like we did with North Korea. - 13 (76.5%)
Total Voters: 17

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Iran, how best to deal with it?  (Read 714 times)
the Hawk

« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2007, 01:07:01 pm »

How are Iran's nuclear ambitions a problem?

Why is it an issue that even requires being "deal(t) with"?

They are a sovereign nation. Does not the right to self determination extent to them as well?
This "preemptive" action that has been taking place is not human. I find it perfectly acceptable to defend oneself after you have been attacked. Not before!

If you walk down the street and arbitrarily shoot someone, you will go to jail. Even if you we acting on good intelligence (that had lied to you before Wink) that said the victim may have, at some time in the future, been able to attack you, you go to jail because it is wrong. This, however, is exactly what the United States and our groupies (coalition) are doing.

One must remember that most, if not all, of what we here in the U.S. read, see, or hear about Iran is propaganda, in the purest sense of the word.

The people that are spouting this propaganda are the exact same people that said their was "weapons of mass destruction in Iraq".

They have lied to us many times before. Why should we believe them now?

I for one think that it would be perfectly acceptable if Iran built nuclear power plants. They could even build nuclear weapons (everybody else has them USA, England, Russia, France, Pakistan, India, China, Israel?, ...) if they so choose. However, if they actually attacked another country, physically not just with words, then they should feel the wrath of the entire world. Up until that point they should be considered free and soveriegn, and should have the ability to progress, as a country, in any way that they see fit.

The right to self determination is one of the tenants of a free society. Who are we to pick and choose who gets that right?

Jake

Jake, I find your worldview a bit naive. Iran supports several terrorist squads that would just love to get their mitts on a nuclear weapon where, I imagine they would like to make their world tours - blowing up Israel, Madrid, London and New York.  Do you really think that Iran would not give them the means to do so when they are already giving them their missiles?
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: