Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 11:39:59 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Were seafarers living here 16,000 years ago?
http://www.canada.com/victoriatimescolonist/news/story.html?id=34805893-6a53-46f5-a864-a96d53991051&k=39922

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

In Memory of Addie, the Littlest Pekingese, with the Biggest Heart

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: In Memory of Addie, the Littlest Pekingese, with the Biggest Heart  (Read 506 times)
dhill757
Administrator
Superhero Member

« on: January 14, 2022, 06:50:46 pm »

I first met Addie and Amy five and a half years ago in July. They came all the way up from Oklahoma to be with me in Wisconsin. I had to wait six months, but they were worth it. A cuter pair of dogs you had never seen and while Amy was small, Addie was positively diminutive, weighing nine pounds if that. Though they grew up together, they weren't exactly a bonded pair, they fought like sisters (even though they weren't). In fact, Addie fought with everybody, Candy in the last month before her death, little Nikki, Robbie, Oreo, Benji. She attacked Athena just after I got she home from an operation and constantly fought with Baby Cleo as to who would be top dog of the roost. I never let them come to blows and one time while trying to separate them, Addie ripped my whole thumb open, bit on it so hard she left a bruise.

Now, if all of this makes you think that she was a bad dog, well, she wasn't. The littlest dogs have to fight the hardest for respect and if she was a bully, well, it was life that made her that way. I can tell you that she had courage all the way to the very end, even to the hour of that end. When Cleo passed, Addie was the unchallenged queen of the roost but it didn't last long, I guess two years. She sat at my feet every night because she knew I would protect her and I tried. I never let any of the other dogs fight with Addie and always tried to do right by her.

Addie suffered from allergies and perhaps a collapsed trachea, common in a dog of her breed. She was never much of an eater, and when she had a seizure two days ago I thought that might be related to her allergy medication. I sent for a humidifier to help her breathe, plugged it in and gave her her meds and about five minutes later she was dead. I am actually more mad about this than sad right now. I prayed hard for Addie's survival, but it seems that death comes to us all, and the little ones, sooner rather than later.

Addie, you were born into a world that was determined to be cruel to you, but I will always love you and you'll be in my thoughts until the end of my days, the littlest pekingese with the biggest heart.

« Last Edit: January 14, 2022, 06:58:15 pm by dhill757 » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

dhill757
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2022, 06:52:23 pm »

Report Spam   Logged
dhill757
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2022, 06:52:52 pm »

Report Spam   Logged
dhill757
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2022, 06:56:19 pm »

I guess with dogs you have to realize that everything is temporary. Sure they have short lives, but each one of these little guys have enriched my life considerably, and I would much rather have known them even though each one of their lives ended in loss than never having known them at all.
Report Spam   Logged
Lisa Wolfe
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2022, 05:17:58 pm »

God's speed to poor little Addie, dhill757.
Report Spam   Logged

If nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do. The smallest act of kindness can be the greatest thing in the world.
I Am a Fugitive from the Chain Gang
Superhero Member

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2022, 08:19:06 pm »

What a cute little dog, may you both be reunited together in the afterlife, dhill757.
Report Spam   Logged
Stacy Dohm
Superhero Member

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2022, 08:33:19 am »

Poor little Addie, what a cute little dog!
Report Spam   Logged

"All that we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream." - Edgar Allen Poe
Austin Heller
Superhero Member

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2022, 12:30:17 am »

What a marvelous little dog.
Report Spam   Logged

For a longer term solution to corporations buying our elections, see:  http://www.movetoamend.org
War God of the Deep
Superhero Member

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2022, 11:59:47 am »

Beautiful little girl Addie was/is
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: