Atlantis Online
March 29, 2024, 04:43:57 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: USA showered by a watery comet ~11,000 years ago, ending the Golden Age of man in America
http://dsc.discovery.com/news/briefs/20050926/mammoth_02.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

An Inconvenient Truth

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: An Inconvenient Truth  (Read 6852 times)
Proteus

« Reply #180 on: May 05, 2007, 05:44:17 pm »

As it happens, I don't consider Merl to be superior to myself, I actually find it a bit comical how insecure he is, not to mention how seriously he takes himself. I don't intend anything personal, it is simply great fun to needle a person with those types of personality flaws.  Smiley

That is a perfect description of yourself Profeus; insecure with a flawed personality - I couldn't have said it better myself.  Clearly you were meaning to apply that in this way, since you are the person who was talking to yourself in a forum thread...  The whole idea of me being superior to you are your words, not mine and it definitely lends itself to explaining your insecurity issues.  That's alright though, young elf, the rest of your nonsensical fairy tale spoke volumes of your willingness to "spin a yarn" as well.  Don't take it personally though, sometimes it's just great fun to point out the obvious bits to demoralize someone who is morally bankrupt and intellectually stunted. 

Take it away proteus -->  Let the swearing and obscenity begin! 

Hello Merl,

Apparently, your reading comprehension has diminished by leagues since the last time we talked.  The quote you cited from me was in response to your good pal Majeston, who said:

It's a common tactic of an inadaquate inferior to always attempt to try to destroy that and whom he fears or that which is superior to him.

A part of response 164 on page 11.

As for "spinning a yarn"  to what do you refer specifically?  Anyone who knows you from Atlantis Rising knows that you are so insecure in your debating skills that you will stoop to any levels to try and win an argument, eh, "Shep?"  Wink

We must keep things in perspective here, it is just an internet forum, hardly life or death. 
Report Spam   Logged
Majeston

« Reply #181 on: May 05, 2007, 06:51:20 pm »

Proteus,

really.......  what is with you?   There have been over 10,000 posts here for you to comment on or

develop in some positive way and this crap is what you wish to  pursue?

Really friend,  you must wake up.  I think it was Wayne Dyer who said something like when you change the things you look at

the things you look at change.
Report Spam   Logged

"melody has power a whole world to transform."
Forever, music will remain the universal language of men, angels, and spirits.
Harmony is the speech of Havona.

http://mercy.urantia.org/papers/paper44.html
Proteus

« Reply #182 on: May 05, 2007, 07:33:50 pm »

Abs,

As always, you are entirely delusional.  Only a biased person like yourself would begrudge me the chance to respond to something directed clearly at me. 

While you suggest I wake up, I suggest you grow up and stop acting the part of Merlin's crony.  He doesn't need you, he has both Meta and "Shep" to hail out should he get in more trouble.  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
19Merlin69

« Reply #183 on: May 06, 2007, 12:42:33 pm »

As for "spinning a yarn"  to what do you refer specifically?  Anyone who knows you from Atlantis Rising knows that you are so insecure in your debating skills that you will stoop to any levels to try and win an argument, eh, "Shep?"  Wink

It really doesn't matter how many times you say it Proteus - It won't make it any more correct.  You aren't aware of much of the information and you are just "winging it" - thinking you know the whole story.  Well, here's the part you didn't know:  It was through the assistance of the Webmaster at AR.com that we figured out that it was a "squatter" who was posing as Shep.  The IP address that is shown in the forum is only part of the picture, what didn't show was the route and port.  The Webmaster was able to capture those for me and our IT dept. quickly figured out the situation from there.  We still aren't certain who it was exactly, but we know they jumped in on an unsecure wireless connection.  Anyway - say what you want, you'll probably ignore this information too.  It seems like you just want to be argumentative anyway.

We must keep things in perspective here, it is just an internet forum, hardly life or death. 

Good advice - you should take it to heart and apply it to your own posts first.  I haven't encountered anyone in this forum that can hold a candle to your childish acts yet.  Once you act like an adult, our problem will be fixed.
Report Spam   Logged

Knowledge is a gift to be given; stupidity, a communicable disease.
19Merlin69

« Reply #184 on: May 06, 2007, 12:52:33 pm »

Abs,

As always, you are entirely delusional.  Only a biased person like yourself would begrudge me the chance to respond to something directed clearly at me. 

While you suggest I wake up, I suggest you grow up and stop acting the part of Merlin's crony.  He doesn't need you, he has both Meta and "Shep" to hail out should he get in more trouble.  Smiley

Just like I said before...  Childish.  You should pay attention more.  Majeston and I do not agree more than 50% of the time...  Hardly a "crony".  I also haven't seen Shep or Metatron come to my rescue (as you say) for the past 190+ posts.  You are starting to sound (and act) like Steven Pyatt, a.k.a. Murduke, Felice, Bel-Marduk, Peter Zuku.  Are you going to start saying that Zaphod and Absonite are actually me too???  Grin  You are entertaining - I'll grant you that.

You need to take a valium and try reading without replying for awhile.  Take it from someone who does it alot, it helps you get a perspective on people's intentions, styles, and thoughts/feelings.  If you did that more, you would realize the error of your ways.
Report Spam   Logged

Proteus

« Reply #185 on: May 06, 2007, 04:46:52 pm »

You need to take a valium and try reading without replying for awhile.  Take it from someone who does it alot, it helps you get a perspective on people's intentions, styles, and thoughts/feelings.  If you did that more, you would realize the error of your ways.

So, you admit you have to take valium before posting here?  I didn't realize that posting for you was that stressful, Merl. I suppose that we should spread the word that we'll have to be more gentle with you in the future.

Good advice - you should take it to heart and apply it to your own posts first.  I haven't encountered anyone in this forum that can hold a candle to your childish acts yet.  Once you act like an adult, our problem will be fixed.

Oh, I don't know about that, Merl, your antics far outshine mine.  What do you call someone that finally responds to a month old, dormant post, than cajoles the person for responding to it?  (Not to mention how many times you are forced to call in your "reinforcements" each time you fail to make your case, which is often).

Childish little person. Point is, if you don't want a fight, don't go around picking one.

I get the feeling you do want to fight with someone right now, though, and, as you know, I'm ready to fight anytime, anywhere. 

Now then, tell me, since I'm here, what else do you want to fight about?  Smiley

Report Spam   Logged
19Merlin69

« Reply #186 on: May 06, 2007, 06:45:59 pm »

You make my point very clearly.  I need say no more on the issue - thanks!
Report Spam   Logged

zaphod

« Reply #187 on: May 06, 2007, 10:13:25 pm »

Jesus H Frickin Christ is this gonna start all over again..What is so goddamn difficult with letting people have their say and just accepting it as their view of things without getting into an personal attack rampage.

This was pathetic over a year ago, and unlike wine it hasn't gotten any better with age.

Another thread gone down the shitter.

Before anyone gets their panties in a wad, this is a comment on the deterioration of the topic, not the individuals.
Report Spam   Logged

"I don't know what anything "is", I only know what it seems to me at the moment" -  Robert Anton Wilson
Proteus

« Reply #188 on: May 06, 2007, 10:14:36 pm »

Merl, if the point is that you are so insecure that you will sink to any depths to win an argument, I am sure that point is well proven to us all.  No doubt Abs,  Meta, or, better yet, one of your imaginary cohorts shall soon be called in for "backup." Quite pathetic.
Report Spam   Logged
Jason
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #189 on: May 07, 2007, 12:26:13 am »

It's really a shame how many people here can't seem to debate without either engaging in personal attacks or trying to pump up their assumed credentials, seemingly at the expense of their "opponent."

First, take the personal attacks someplace else.

Second, unless someone is secretly a climatologist, there are no "experts" here.

There is only the latest research, and we are all quite capable of finding it,  reading it and making our own educated judgments.  Stick to the facts, not personal opinions. You are entitled to your opinions, just not your own set of facts.

Right now, the facts are, as follows:

The world is warming up, and scientists are 90% certain that human beings are responsible.  I would really like to move beyond that point to discussing practical solutions to the problem, however, I am aware that some people still don't want to accept responsibility, so by all means, keep going.
Report Spam   Logged
zaphod

« Reply #190 on: May 07, 2007, 04:20:18 am »

Unfortunately they haven't completed the stages yet. The history shows that next we will be regaled with descriptive genitalia insults, followed by more accusations of split personality syndrome and the whine "I didn't start this, so-and-so did, and I just have to defend myself" with an increase in vehemence.

This particular playground has turned into a litter box and the only hope left is that someone with maturity will come along with the scooper and clean it out.

Tread carefully, the next step will sure land in something squishy.
Report Spam   Logged

"I don't know what anything "is", I only know what it seems to me at the moment" -  Robert Anton Wilson
Jason
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #191 on: May 07, 2007, 11:17:31 am »

Zaphod, let's not get hasty.  I think that people have acted pretty mature in this forum, as opposed to AR.  I do see a lot of posturing going around, which is actually bad enough.

I await eagerly the brave person that wants to bring us back on topic, into a discussion of the facts concerning global warming and it's solutions.

Allison, Brandon or Bee maybe..?
Report Spam   Logged
zaphod

« Reply #192 on: May 07, 2007, 09:34:26 pm »

You're right Jason, I'll smooth out my hackles and see how it plays out. Maybe.
Report Spam   Logged

19Merlin69

« Reply #193 on: May 10, 2007, 08:10:49 am »

It's really a shame how many people here can't seem to debate without either engaging in personal attacks or trying to pump up their assumed credentials, seemingly at the expense of their "opponent."

Assume what you wish.

This is a staple defense for those who have nothing to offer other than attacks.  This forum is no different than the thousands of others that do not verify credentials.  Mine are available for the moderators to inspect if they choose (As I have done at Physorg, AA.org, Phys Review, Wiki and TalkOrigins). 

Second, unless someone is secretly a climatologist, there are no "experts" here.

Incorrect.  Climatologists make up only 30% of the current field of researchers working on the problem.  The remaining field is fashioned from the rest of the scientific ranks (i.e. theorists, physical modellers (physicists), geochemists, geologists, chemists, theorists, statisticians, analysts (of many sorts), oceanographers, astrophysicists, etc., etc.)

There is only the latest research, and we are all quite capable of finding it,  reading it and making our own educated judgments.  Stick to the facts, not personal opinions. You are entitled to your opinions, just not your own set of facts.

The "santitized for public consumption" media soundbites, public discloseures and press releases are available to the public - not the actual facts, research and data sets used to formulate the {current} theory.  In that light, how can anyone find fault with varying opinions?  Seems rather narrow-minded to assume that everyone must run off the cliff just because "most" of the lemmings are doing so.

Right now, the facts are, as follows:

The world is warming up, and scientists are 90% certain that human beings are responsible.  I would really like to move beyond that point to discussing practical solutions to the problem, however, I am aware that some people still don't want to accept responsibility, so by all means, keep going.

Gosh - I think I said the very same thing on May 5th.  Although, I do not need to stipulate acceptance of the theory to move to the next phase - hypothesizing solution.  Beyond that, it really isn't a matter of accepting responsibility though - at least not for me.  I'll grant you that there are a number of governments out there that really do not want to do anything about the pollution, but that does not extend to their citizens (including myself). 
« Last Edit: May 10, 2007, 08:15:12 am by 19Merlin69 » Report Spam   Logged

19Merlin69

« Reply #194 on: May 10, 2007, 08:11:49 am »

Merl, if the point is that you are so insecure that you will sink to any depths to win an argument, I am sure that point is well proven to us all.  No doubt Abs,  Meta, or, better yet, one of your imaginary cohorts shall soon be called in for "backup." Quite pathetic.

Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: