Atlantis Online
April 19, 2024, 12:02:26 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Giant crater may lie under Antarctic ice
http://space.newscientist.com/article/dn9268

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

An Inconvenient Truth

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: An Inconvenient Truth  (Read 7381 times)
Allison
Superhero Member

« Reply #165 on: April 08, 2007, 08:35:57 pm »

I'm here to learn and educate

Well, you just put your finger on your biggest problem, Merlin.  First, in order to educate people, you have to know more about the subject you are lecturing them on than they do.  Your field of study is physics, it isn't climatology. In other words, this is not an area of your expertise, dear.

I actually remember the first time you and I debated on global warming, about eight months ago, at the other forum.  There, like here, you made the assertion that there were legions of scientists who didn't believe in it, but were too afraid to speak out about it (actually, a pretty transparent point since there is no proof).

I told you about the Science Magazine study, wherein, something like over 928 abstracts were studied.  In them, not one took issue with the idea that human beings were causing global warming.  So you produced a selection that you claimed did, apparently not thinking that any of us would bother reading any of them.

Turns out that not only didn't any of them take issue with GW, some of them actually were written by some of the main proponents of the Global Warming theory, guys like Michael Mann, who created the "Hockey Stick."  When I called you on that, you fled the discussion and we didn't see you again for months. 

You're not an expert at global warming, Merlin. You're certainly not in a position to lecture anyone here on it, and if you were honest about it, you would admit that the prognostications for what will happen again will be getting worse, not better.

Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: