Atlantis Online
April 16, 2024, 02:16:44 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Towering Ancient Tsunami Devastated the Mediterranean
http://www.livescience.com/environment/061130_ancient_tsunami.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

An Inconvenient Truth

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: An Inconvenient Truth  (Read 7314 times)
19Merlin69

« Reply #135 on: April 02, 2007, 03:26:54 pm »

Merlin, I think this is the case of someone seeing only what they want to see. Melting glaciers, dying coral reefs, rising ocean temps, all evidence of global warming.  With respect, the scientific disagreement on this isn't anything at all like you suggest, and it is irresponsible to suggest otherwise.

Don't make me laugh.  I'm very much in a position to know that the scientific disagreement with the Standard Model (& the AL Gore Model) of GW is exactly as I suggest.   The only irresponsible act I see on the subject is for the mainstream to continue rushing headlong into the abyss before we know what to do.  Keep in mind, whatever we save right now is going to be replaced and increased upon by next year.  As the world's population continues to grow and the industrialization and modernization of China, India and South America continues, the U.S. could shut off all carbon sources - and - the results will be null.  That's not really the issue though, the issue is "what" is causing the Earth to heat up.   Since melting glaciers, dying coral reefs and rising water temps are not proof of "what" is causing GW, I have no idea why you would bother trying to insinuate that I'm "seeing only what I want to see".  This is just more of the same...  "How dare you disagree with the majority because of all the bad stuff happening!"  I'm not swayed by the lack of evidence.  As I have told folks in this forum already, I am immune to the majority position's mob mentality and ensuing tactics.  I will go where the evidence leads me - not the rhetoric.

By the way, the Supreme Court (a conservative one) just ruled today that governments have the right to curb emissions from cars that cause greenhouse gases.  If that isn't a sign of how opinions on global warming have fallen away from the sketpics, I don't know what is.

If you are referring to the 5-4 decision that empowers the EPA to regulate the emissions of vehicles (I assume you are), then yes, I would say that times are changing.  It was a stupid argument that the EPA put up in defense, so they should have lost.  Keep in mind that I am a huge environmental proponent Jason - I have been steadfast in my defense of planetary stewardship for the past 25 years.  Because of that, I support the decision, but most specifically for my own reasons.  Ultimately, I would like to see fossil fuel go the way of the dinosaur and this is the first step to making regulations too tough for gasoline engines to meet. 

GO SOLAR!  GO HYDROGEN!  GO NUCLEAR!
Report Spam   Logged

Knowledge is a gift to be given; stupidity, a communicable disease.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: