Atlantis Online
March 29, 2024, 07:37:43 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Giant crater may lie under Antarctic ice
http://space.newscientist.com/article/dn9268

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

An Inconvenient Truth

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: An Inconvenient Truth  (Read 6867 times)
19Merlin69

« Reply #120 on: April 02, 2007, 03:03:38 pm »

I don't see any emotionally driven scientists involved with this, save for the ones on the skeptic side. Think of it, most have presented literally nothing to back up their assertions (except, of course, the propaganda fed to them by the oil companies), but are so certain that global warming is a "hoax."

Oh please, that's absurd.  NO EVIDENCE?  They've done nothing but refute the theory with data!  Are you sure that you aren't confusing media talking heads like Rush Blowhard for "experts" and "scientists"?  I refer only to REAL SCIENTISTS who are not under the influence of the oil industry.  Aside from myself, I know 30+ in my immediate "sphere" that agree that the issue has become 'emotionally charged' to the point that the data is being skewed so that Everything becomes evidence of GW.  Don't confuse what I said - I spoke clearly, you can at least read and comprehend what I took the time to say before ignoring it and responding emotionally.

As for the agenda on the other side, if a scientist saw some other danger coming to the world, an asteroid, for instance, logically, they would try and warn people about it to stop it. Nothing hysterial or emotional about that, it's simple common sense.

You clearly are looking for me to portray this in a negative light, even if I am not.  I did not use the word hysterical - that was your word.  What I said was that the data was being interpreted askew by emotionally-driven scientists.  I didn't call them emotional or hysterical. 

Otherwise - you are comparing apples to watermelons.  If there were an asteroid coming for the planet, we wouldn't be arguing.  There would be evidence to show that a big rock was flying its way toward us.  I'll bet arguments ensue over the best way to divert it though!  In the case of GW, the growing skepticism is due not to politics, but, adherence to standard practices & logic.  We want to see the models making correct predictions and we want to see some evidence showing a smoking gun. 
Report Spam   Logged

Knowledge is a gift to be given; stupidity, a communicable disease.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: