Atlantis Online
March 29, 2024, 07:39:34 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Hunt for Lost City of Atlantis
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/3227295.stm

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

THE OCCULTISTS

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: THE OCCULTISTS  (Read 2192 times)
Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2007, 04:00:51 pm »

DION FORTUNE AND GARETH KNIGHT                                                         continued

As to the question of Atlanteans landing in England and founding the Druidic order
in these isles, there is ample historical, archaeological and ethnological evidence that points to the Druidic cult having other, more shamanic beginnings.  Besides,
the Celts, for whom Druidism comprised the essence of their sacerdotal establish-
ment, can be proven by blood groupings and other genetic factors to have originated elsewhere, although it must be conceded that Atlantean colonists are believed to have settled in the regions of Tyre and Sidon, which, according to the
OERA LINDA book, were strongholds of the Druids in days long past.  As far as the
Celtic/Druidic controversy is concerned, I feel more inclined to trust the scholarship of Bob Quinn and other Irish authorities, whose conclusions concerning the Atlantic
sea peoples seem far more feasible to me.

Sea worship - yes.  This was, as Knight suggests, closely related to the worship of the Great Mother and therefore akin to the matriarchal Age of Cancer, which seems a likely time for a major inundation.

I must confess I do have a problem when it comes to the statement that the ancient Atlanteans were "primitive in one sense, but highly evolved esoterically:....
I have come across the same kind of thinking in some contemporary esoteric groups
whose members appear to suffer from 'holier than thou' syndrome: they feel they are too highly evolved or spiritually exalted to acknowledge a letter, say 'thank you'
attend to the cleanliness of their bodies, or exhibit other courtesies common to civi-
lized people.  In my book of rules, spirituality goes hand in hand with understanding, caring and respecting the views of others.

With regard to the supposed Atlantean sanitary arrangements enumerated in the 'impressions' related by Mr. Knight, my nanny always used to say 'cleanliness is next to godliness', which may sound Victorian, but when applied to the occult principle that 'like attracts like' inclines one to think she had something!

FROM

ATLANTIS
Myth or Reality?

by Murry Hope
Report Spam   Logged

Your mind understands what you have been taught; your heart what is true.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: