Atlantis Online
April 18, 2024, 04:58:45 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: THE SEARCH FOR ATLANTIS IN CUBA
A Report by Andrew Collins
http://www.andrewcollins.com/page/articles/atlantiscuba.htm

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

The Mandalorian’s Pedro Pascal Recalls the First Time He Saw Baby Yoda

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Mandalorian’s Pedro Pascal Recalls the First Time He Saw Baby Yoda  (Read 238 times)
Bringer of Rain, Thunder and Snow, an Undying Saga of Earth

« on: April 28, 2020, 01:10:04 pm »

JAKE ABBATETHURSDAY, APRIL 23, 2020
FACEBOOKTWITTERREDDITEMAIL

https://www.superherohype.com/tv/480734-the-mandalorians-pedro-pascal-recalls-the-first-time-he-saw-baby-yoda

Before The Mandalorian premiered on Disney+, theories about what the series would entail ran rampant among Star Wars fans. No one knew what to expect from the first live-action Star Wars TV show; least of all the appearance of a baby alien belonging to the same species as Yoda. Regardless, viewers still can’t stop talking about the Child. And in a new interview with Yahoo, Pedro Pascal revealed how he was first introduced to the series’ pint-sized MVP.

When Pascal had his first meeting with executive producers Jon Favreau and Dave Filoni, it had to take place in a room where “story illustrations of the whole first season” lined every wall. It was there that Pascal first laid eyes on Baby Yoda in concept-art form. However, that experience didn’t hold a candle to actually working with the puppet on set.

“It was incredible just to see how talented the departments are,” said Pascal. “It was just unbelievable, from the production design to the company, Legacy Effects, that created the doll and so many of the props and creatures. There’s all the history they bring to it from the other films and from their experiences on other films. You’re among the best and so you just really have to make yourself a passenger to that. To see them care for the doll and also find different ways for it to express itself and become an incredible scene partner is incredibly fascinating. It’s a pretty adorable thing.”

RELATED: Disney+ Releases Official Disney Gallery: The Mandalorian Trailer
Four months after The Mandalorian wrapped up its first season, the buzz surrounding Baby Yoda hasn’t died down. But this hasn’t surprised Pascal at all.

“I can’t bring myself to lie and be like ‘we had no idea of the sensation that he would be.’” added Pascal. “We never talked about it being a sure thing, but I unconsciously kept to myself that the very first time I saw the image in the illustration during that first meeting, I was like ‘oh my God, people are going to lose their mind over that.’ So basically it was no surprise.”

Pascal’s Mandalorian and Baby Yoda will be back on Disney+ when The Mandalorian season 2 premieres in October.

What do you make of Pascal’s remarks? Let us know in the comments below!

Recommended Reading: Star Wars – Boba Fett: Enemy of the Empire

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
TAGS: BABY YODA, DISNEY PLUS, LUCASFILM, PEDRO PASCAL, STAR WARS, THE
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: