Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 11:51:02 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: DID A COMET CAUSE A FIRESTORM THAT DEVESTATED NORTH AMERICA 12,900 YEARS AGO?
http://atlantisonline.smfforfree2.com/index.php/topic,1963.0.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

In Memory of My Dog Cleo

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: In Memory of My Dog Cleo  (Read 653 times)
dhill757
Administrator
Superhero Member

« on: April 08, 2020, 10:36:33 pm »

Tonight, I came home to find my fifteen year old Pekingese Cleo passed away in the hallway after a three day episode of fitful breathing.  This was not unexpected. I brought her to the vet yesterday and the vet volunteered to euthanize her right there. But I couldn’t do that to Cleo, she was my baby, and I watched her be born in my house, and loved her as if she were my own child. This one really hurts, but I know in my heart that Cleo is in a better place even though I’ll never quite get over her loss.

Cleo’s life may have ended up sadly, but it certainly didn’t begin that way.  Hers was a long and rich life and, I’ll admit it, I spoiled the heck out of her!  She was born to her parents, Missy and Prince  on September 4th, 2004. I remember being depressed when I heard that Missy was pregnant, what were we going to do with a litter of dogs? I was a fool, that litter was actually the best thing that ever happened to me, along with getting Prince the year before, for in that litter, I also got Cookie, Nikki, Cleo, and their brother Sam, who should have also spent his life with us, but who was foolishly given away by my mother. But Cleo was the star of the litter, an incredibly rare blonde Pekingese and  one of the cutest dogs ever to live.  Every time we showed dogs in the future to someone, they always wanted Cleo, but she wasn’t for sale. Cleo had the personality to be a show dog, but I am glad that she got to I live a simple life, with just her sisters and me. Since the year 2004 until this year, she was pretty much the little queen of the roost, fighting off many challengers. In that time, she spent more time sleeping on my bed than I did, and was allowed to do as she pleased.

Alright, she wasn’t a complete angel. She shredded the wood on my bedroom door one time trying to get out (she hated to be caged in anywhere), and was the ringleader of the three dog group that tormented poor Candy (jealous that she got to sleep in my mom’s room while I was away at work). You forgave anything from Cleo, she had that sweet little face.

I almost lost Cleo six years ago – a closed pyometra (usually a death sentence), at least the surgeons were able to cure her in time on that one. I remember her grief at the loss of her sisters Cookie in January, 2016, and again at Little Nikki in March of 2017. Somewhere, those three little ones, the best gift that anyone ever gave me, are back together and playing again, with their mommy, Missy, and most likely, their brother Sam. And hopefully, I’ll get the chance to rejoin them, too, and look after my babies again. Baby Cleo, there will never again be a little dog just like you, my words can only touch on what a special little dog you were. I will miss you always, carry the memory of you for the rest of my days.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2020, 11:28:54 pm by dhill757 » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

dhill757
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2020, 10:45:38 pm »

Cleo, left, Cookie, middle, Nikki, right
« Last Edit: April 08, 2020, 11:37:10 pm by dhill757 » Report Spam   Logged
dhill757
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2020, 11:35:40 pm »

Report Spam   Logged
Stacy Dohm
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2020, 10:14:46 am »

What an adorable little dog, so sorry. 
Report Spam   Logged

"All that we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream." - Edgar Allen Poe
Lisa Wolfe
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2020, 07:16:54 pm »

Cleo was as cute as could be, you must have been very proud of her. I sure would be.
Report Spam   Logged

If nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do. The smallest act of kindness can be the greatest thing in the world.
Keira Kensington
Superhero Member

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2020, 12:15:27 am »

Absolutely adorable, losing a dog truly is like losing a child.
Report Spam   Logged
Austin Heller
Superhero Member

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2020, 02:50:55 am »

What a special little dog.  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

For a longer term solution to corporations buying our elections, see:  http://www.movetoamend.org
Jeannette Latoria
Superhero Member

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2020, 11:17:18 pm »

Poor baby Cleo, she'll be in my prayers.
Report Spam   Logged

Brittany
Superhero Member

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2020, 07:20:19 am »

What a little doll!
Report Spam   Logged

"Silence lays steadily against the wood and stone of Hill House, and we who walk here, walk alone."
Sandra
Superhero Member

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2020, 04:05:09 am »

A beautiful little girl, I'd miss her, too.
Report Spam   Logged
Kendall Conway
Superhero Member

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2020, 11:10:12 pm »

What wonderful little doggies you had. Poor baby Cleo.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: