Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 06:36:51 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Satellite images 'show Atlantis'
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/3766863.stm

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Museum 'haunted by ghost of Agatha Christie'

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Museum 'haunted by ghost of Agatha Christie'  (Read 1273 times)
I Am a Fugitive from the Chain Gang
Superhero Member

« on: March 06, 2020, 03:00:59 pm »

Museum 'haunted by ghost of Agatha Christie'
Posted on Friday, 6 March, 2020 |

Does Agatha Christie's ghost haunt the museum ? Image Credit: CC BY-SA 2.0 Paul Hutchinson
Staff members at a museum in Devon, England maintain that the building is haunted by a familiar specter.
Situated in a popular seaside town on the county's south coast, Torquay Museum is certainly no stranger to the unexplained having long held a reputation for being haunted.

Home to the UK's only collection dedicated to world-famous crime writer Agatha Christie, the museum houses a number of her books as well as unique relics from her childhood in Ashfield.

Paranormal activity in the building has often been linked to its association with her, especially given that it is not uncommon for books to fly of the shelves seemingly on their own accord.

"Every time books fly off the shelves, it's always Agatha Christie books," said Gift shop manager Francesca. "It has happened so many times. The most recent was last Tuesday."

"This poor woman was walking by and one of the Agatha Christie books came flying at her. Then she walked over to the other stand and another Agatha Christie book hit her."
Volunteer Stuart Scott also witnessed the strange event.

"We were both standing over on the opposite side of the room and saw it happen," he said. "The customer was walking by just here and the first book came flying off. Then she walked around to the other side and a different Agatha Christie book from another shelf flew off."

So is the building really haunted or could there be a more conventional explanation ?

"I've seen similar things happen twice now," said Scott.

"I believe in ghosts - there's got to be something out there."

You can check out CCTV footage of a similar incident at the museum below.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2020, 03:01:23 pm »

Report Spam   Logged
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2020, 03:01:41 pm »

https://www.devonlive.com/news/devon-news/museum-staff-who-frequently-witness-3896731
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: