Atlantis Online
March 19, 2024, 12:12:20 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Comet theory collides with Clovis research, may explain disappearance of ancient people
http://uscnews.sc.edu/ARCH190.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Ian McDiarmid Says The Emperor Was Supposed To Be Dead

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ian McDiarmid Says The Emperor Was Supposed To Be Dead  (Read 163 times)
Bringer of Rain, Thunder and Snow, an Undying Saga of Earth

« on: December 27, 2019, 01:13:26 pm »

BLAIR MARNELLFRIDAY, DECEMBER 27, 2019

It’s no secret that Emperor Palpatine makes his big comeback in Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker. J.J. Abrams revealed Ian McDiarmid’s return at Star Wars Celebration immediately after dropping the first trailer. While Abrams decided to use the Emperor to link Episode IX to the first six films, it wasn’t a part of George Lucas’ original plan for Palpatine.

Via IndieWire, McDiarmid spoke with Digital Trends about Palpatine’s original fate straight from Lucas himself.

“I thought I was dead!” said McDiarmid. “I thought he was dead. Because when we did Return of the Jedi, and I was thrown down that chute to Galactic Hell, he was dead. And I said, ‘Oh, does he come back?’ And [George] said, ‘No, he’s dead.’ So I just accepted that. But then, of course, I didn’t know I was going to be doing the prequels, so in a sense he wasn’t dead, because we went back to revisit him when he was a young man. But I was totally surprised by this.”

RELATED: The Emperor Speaks In Fortnite and Star Wars Crossover
With his role in The Rise of Skywalker, McDiarmid is one of the few actors to appear in seven of the nine films. Only Anthony Daniels has appeared in more films (9 + Rogue One) as C-3P0.

Should the Emperor have stayed dead in The Rise of Skywalker? Or was it worth it to see Ian McDiarmid as Palpatine one last time? Let us know in the comment section below!

Recommended Reading: Journey to Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker Spark of the Resistance

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

https://www.superherohype.com/movies/474267-ian-mcdiarmid-says-the-emperor-was-supposed-to-be-dead
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: