Atlantis Online
April 19, 2024, 05:09:48 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Hunt for Lost City of Atlantis
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/3227295.stm

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Showrunner Joe Pokaski Addresses Cloak and Dagger’s Cancellation

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Showrunner Joe Pokaski Addresses Cloak and Dagger’s Cancellation  (Read 129 times)
Bringer of Rain, Thunder and Snow, an Undying Saga of Earth

« on: October 25, 2019, 01:13:02 pm »

ROBERT WORKMANFRIDAY, OCTOBER 25, 2019
image:

Fans of the series Cloak and Dagger were thrown for a loop yesterday when Freeform cancelled it after two well-received seasons. But no one was taken more upset than creator/showrunner Joe Pokaski, who took to Twitter to discuss his feelings on it. In a series of posts, Pokaski gave his thanks to fans — but also questioned the motivations behind the cancellation.

“There are parts of me that feel gut-punched or angry at larger corporate forces. But the biggest feeling I have in my heart right now, by far, is pride,” explained Pokaski. “I’m so f***ing proud with what we got to do on #CloakandDagger.”

He then delved into a little history behind creating the series.

“This was the first pilot I’d ever written. I was very green, and I put my heart into it, and then it was put in a drawer. When I got the call five years later that they wanted to make it, I wasn’t surprised. Because you can’t keep Tandy and Tyrone in a drawer.”

RELATED: Marvel’s Cloak & Dagger Season 2 Teaser Reveals Mayhem
He also praised the cast and crew behind the show, including lead actors Olivia Holt and Aubrey Joseph.

“We were blessed to cast the perfect actors for Tandy & Tyrone,” continued Pokaski. “I’d love to think that I passed on crazy knowledge onto these two kids as they grew into adults, but I learned more from @aubreyomari and @olivia_holt than they ever could from me.

“They were but two of a troupe of amazing actors, heroes and villains, and sometimes both (I’m looking at you, @emmaklahana) who brought their own truth to our fiction and pulled me into stories I knew were made up.”

Pokasi also reminded fans of the upcoming crossover with The Runaways in his final statement.

“Right now Tandy & Tyrone are on a bus. They’re going to hang out with some super-kids in a couple months. And from there it’s up to higher powers. But don’t be surprised when these two special people show up when you least suspect it…

“…because you can’t keep Tandy & Tyrone in a drawer.”

Also, fans can check out the duo on a recent episode of Disney XD’s Spider-Man series, in which Holt and Joseph voice their respective characters.

Do you think Cloak and Dagger should come back into the Marvel Studios fold? Let us know in the comments below!

Recommended Reading: Cloak and Dagger: Shadows and Light

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

TAGS: CLOAK AND DAGGER, JOE POKASKI, MARVEL

Read more at https://www.superherohype.com/tv/470232-showrunner-joe-pokaski-addresses-cloak-and-daggers-cancellation#quRXGuFhBVPQDL7s.99
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: