Atlantis Online
April 18, 2024, 01:35:51 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Ice Age blast 'ravaged America'
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/6676461.stm

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Scarlett Johansson Says Audiences Want an All-Female Marvel Movie

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Scarlett Johansson Says Audiences Want an All-Female Marvel Movie  (Read 259 times)
Cult of the Sun, Night of the Unliving Doomed, Haunted Souls

« on: October 16, 2019, 01:15:43 pm »

TUDOR LEONTEWEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 16, 2019
image:

The time might be right for an all-female Marvel movie. Or at least, that’s what Avengers star Scarlet Johansson thinks, and is now pushing to make it happen. Speaking with Yahoo Entertainment, Johansson confirmed that some of the actresses involved in the Marvel Cinematic Universe pitched the idea to Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige.

“We were at the 10-year anniversary, and it was so powerful for all of us female superheroes to be together because we don’t always get to cross over,” Johansson said. “And there we were, among these incredible actors that we admired for so long. It just felt like the right move to do to approach Kevin with this and he was something he was very excited about it. I think it’s something audiences want. It’s more opaque for me obviously because of my character’s fate, but I’m totally 100 percent all for it. I think it would be fantastic.”

You can check the full interview out in the player below.

RELATED – Scarlett Johansson Discusses Black Widow’s Fate and Future
Johansson pointed out that the moment in which all the female superheroes in the MCU got together to fight side by side could become something bigger.

“That scene in Endgame, that moment with all of us. It was such a huge moment for the audience,” Johansson added.

An all-female Marvel movie would be a bold move by Marvel Studios at the moment but given the recent success of Captain Marvel, who knows? We may see it sooner than we expect. (DC gets there first with next year’s Birds of Prey.) Meanwhile, we will have to wait for next year to discover Black Widow‘s past — or future — in the MCU.

Would you like to see an all-female Marvel Movie? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section below.

Here’s Scarlett Johansson talking about the push for an all-female Marvel movie: “It’s something that audiences want.” @YahooEnt pic.twitter.com/n2Yn7pWMoe

— Kevin Polowy (@djkevlar) October 15, 2019

Read more at https://www.superherohype.com/comics/469527-scarlett-johansson-says-audiences-want-an-all-female-marvel-movie#hfVeH17fm307lWph.99
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: