Atlantis Online
March 29, 2024, 09:09:43 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Plato's Atlantis: Fact, Fiction or Prophecy?
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=CarolAnn_Bailey-Lloyd
http://www.underwaterarchaeology.com/atlantis-2.htm

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Agents of SHIELD’s Dove Cameron Wants to Play Gwen Stacy in the MCU

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Agents of SHIELD’s Dove Cameron Wants to Play Gwen Stacy in the MCU  (Read 127 times)
Final Dread, the Unquiet Earth, Ghostland, Armageddon

« on: October 10, 2019, 01:11:53 pm »

TUDOR LEONTETHURSDAY, OCTOBER 10, 2019
image:

Sooner or later, someone will have to take Emma Stone’s legacy as Gwen Stacy into a live-action movie. And it seems like we have found a contender, as Agents of SHIELD Season 5’s Dove Cameron is now campaigning to portray the character on the big screen in live-action. Speaking with Yahoo, Cameron revealed that she would love to make an appearance in the MCU as Spider-Man‘s love interest.

“I would love to play Gwen Stacy,” Cameron said. “I would love to play Spider-Gwen, or Ghost Spider, or whatever kind of incarnation they’re going to make her into.”

Cameron has recently voiced the character in the Disney XD animated series Marvel Rising, confessing that she also loves how Emma Stone portrayed Gwen Stacy in 2012’s The Amazing Spider-Man and 2014’s The Amazing Spider-Man 2.

“I was really honoured when they asked me to voice her and I would love a chance to audition,” she added. “I think any kind of action girl – that’s my type of girl!

RELATED – Spider-Man Producer Hints That a Sinister Six Movie May Still Be Coming
Then the Disney star disclosed her own hopes on the take on the character and on opposing Tom Holland’s web-slinger.

“I would love it if she was an equal match,” she said. “I would love it if she was a physical threat… if she was quite a force. I just love playing characters for women that are not so thin – and I mean thin, like emotionally – that are not so narrowly defined.”

Recently we saw Hailee Steinfeld voicing Gwen Stacy on-screen in Into the Spider-Verse, specifically doing the version Cameron would like to do. Cameron previously played General Hale’s daughter Ruby in Season 5 of Agents of SHIELD, but it’s not unprecedented for Marvel TV actors to return as different movie characters. (Just ask Mahershala Ali.) Her return to the MCU would be a great addition to the Spider-Man franchise. Who knows, maybe we are not that far from seeing Spider-Gwen’s debut in live-action.

How do you think Dove Cameron would fare as Gwen Stacy? Let us know your guess in the comments section below

Read more at https://www.superherohype.com/comics/469141-agents-of-shield-dove-cameron-wants-to-play-gwen-stacy-in-the-mcu#HkDKWV3XfxjgpP0b.99
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: