Atlantis Online
April 17, 2024, 07:03:21 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Giant crater may lie under Antarctic ice
http://space.newscientist.com/article/dn9268

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Thor: Love and Thunder’s Natalie Portman Explains Marvel Return

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Thor: Love and Thunder’s Natalie Portman Explains Marvel Return  (Read 110 times)
Final Dread, the Unquiet Earth, Ghostland, Armageddon

« on: September 25, 2019, 01:14:57 pm »

TUDOR LEONTEWEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 25, 2019
image:

Thor star Natalie Portman made a lot of fans happy when she announced she was reprising her role in the franchise. Portman will officially return in the Marvel Cinematic Universe in the upcoming Thor: Love and Thunder, which is hitting theaters a couple of years from now. Speaking with Entertainment Tonight, Portman revealed the reason why she decided to return as scientist Jane Foster.

“They came to me with the idea and said, ‘We have this idea for you that was a storyline in some of the comics where Jane becomes Lady Thor,’ and I was like, ‘This is very exciting!'”

RELATED – Thor: Love and Thunder Director Debunks Report of Completed Script
She went on to explain her absence from Thor: Ragnarok, denying that she lost interest in her role.

“Obviously, I wasn’t written into [Thor: Ragnarok] because of where it took place,” Portman said. “It wasn’t really on Earth, and my character is on Earth.”

Eventually, the actress expressed all her excitement in returning to work with Thor stars Tessa Thompson and Chris Hemsworth. In addition to that, she feels very excited “to wield the hammer.”

Even though Portman is denying it, it seems that there might be something more about her situation in the MCU. It’s interesting to note that, before Alan Taylor actually directed it, director Patty Jenkins was supposed to helm Thor: The Dark World. Jenkins left the project due to creative differences with Marvel Studios. This may have influenced Natalie Portman in choosing not to take part in further films at the time.

Thor: The Dark World will hit theaters in on November 21, 2021. What do you think about Love and Thunder star’s words on her absence from the Thor franchise? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section below.

Read more at https://www.superherohype.com/comics/467355-thor-love-and-thunder-natalie-portman-marvel-return-the-dark-world-ragnarok#rJA4jd0vRImBUX4D.99
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: