Atlantis Online
April 20, 2024, 03:13:41 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Secrets of ocean birth laid bare 
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/5191384.stm#graphic

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Scarlett Johansson Discusses Black Widow’s Fate and Future

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Scarlett Johansson Discusses Black Widow’s Fate and Future  (Read 101 times)
Cult of the Sun, Night of the Unliving Doomed, Haunted Souls

« on: September 04, 2019, 01:08:01 pm »

TUDOR LEONTEWEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 04, 2019
image:

Scarlett Johansson is riding quite a wave of popularity nowadays, thanks to her involvement in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. At this moment, Natasha Romanoff is officially dead in the MCU, but this didn’t prevent Marvel Studios from producing the upcoming Black Widow solo movie. Speaking with The Hollywood Reporter, Johansson opened up about Natasha’s death in Avengers: Endgame, revealing that Kevin Feige told her her character’s fate before they started production on Avengers: Infinity War.

“The finality of it was sad, but I was excited to die with honor,” she said. “It felt in-character that she would sacrifice herself, of course for humanity but actually for her friends, for the people she loves. It was bittersweet.”

ADVERTISEMENTSCROLL TO CONTINUE READING
RELATED – Marvel Drops D23 Black Widow Poster Featuring Red Guardian
The actress went on to speak about her upcoming superhero-related gig, Cate Shortland’s Black Widow.

“The movie packs a big punch. If that slot is reserved for movies that pack a big punch, then we’re in a good, good space,” Johansson said referring to the summer opening slot usually reserved for male-fronted films.

Moreover, Johansson revealed that she is also executive producing the next installment in the MCU.

“I feel like I’m in control of the destiny of this film, which gives me a lot more peace of mind,” she added. “I know her better than anybody. What was her childhood like? What is her relationship to figures of authority? This character is gritty and multi-dimensional but has a lot of trauma and has led an unexamined life. In order to operate at this elite level, she has probably had to push away a lot of stuff.”

Black Widow will debut in theaters on May 1, 2020. Do you think that the movie will pack a big punch? Let us know your thoughts about it in the comments section below.

Read more at https://www.superherohype.com/movies/464931-endgame-star-scarlett-johansson-discusses-black-widow-fate-future-avengers-endgame#u6GiyjgxoKVceWzy.99
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: