Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 06:10:41 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Were seafarers living here 16,000 years ago?
http://www.canada.com/victoriatimescolonist/news/story.html?id=34805893-6a53-46f5-a864-a96d53991051&k=39922

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Terrified parents see 'ghosts' on baby monitors

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Terrified parents see 'ghosts' on baby monitors  (Read 256 times)
Hunter of the Dead, Corrupter of the Tomb, the Deadthings
Superhero Member

« on: August 18, 2019, 12:49:29 am »

Terrified parents see 'ghosts' on baby monitors
Posted on Friday, 16 August, 2019 |

What is to blame for baby cam ghost sightings ? Image Credit: YouTube / WXYZ-TV Detroit | Channel 7
The last thing a new parent wants to see on their baby monitor is a ghostly figure watching their child.
Baby monitors capable of providing a live video link to a sleeping child's room have been available for years, but as this technology becomes more affordable and widespread, the potential for false alarms increases - as does the number of cases involving alleged paranormal disturbances.

One such case was reported by Brooklyn resident Adrianne Wright and her husband who had been at home one evening when their Nest cam alerted them to motion within their baby's room.

"I looked at the camera and noticed the closet door was open," Adrianne said.

After establishing that her husband hadn't opened the door, she was left decidely spooked.

"I went to [the baby's] room and looked at her and she was fine," she said. "I sat in there watching her for an hour. I could not go to sleep that night."

Such experiences, which can include strange sounds, visual anomalies and objects moving around, are nothing new, but are such incidents genuinely paranormal or is something else going on ?

According to Lawrence Balter, professor emeritus of applied psychology at New York University, much of this may be to do with the natural nervousness a new parent might feel about protecting their child.

"If you weren't nervous you probably wouldn't make that interpretation," he said. "You'd say it's probably some sort of technological glitch. But if you're nervous and worried about your newborn's well-being, you might jump to a conclusion that's less than logical."

You can read more about the video below, which shows an example of an alleged 'ghost' captured on a baby monitor in Michigan, by clicking here.
Report Spam   Logged

One cannot look for too long into the abyss before the abyss stares back at you.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2019, 12:50:43 am »

https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/326537/michigan-couple-capture-ghost-on-nanny-cam
Report Spam   Logged

One cannot look for too long into the abyss before the abyss stares back at you.
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2019, 12:52:24 am »

https://www.wsj.com/articles/my-baby-monitor-is-haunted-tales-of-parental-fright-11565688602
Report Spam   Logged

Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2019, 01:00:30 am »

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: