Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 06:30:46 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Satellite images 'show Atlantis'
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/3766863.stm

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Bruce Campbell Explains Why He Didn’t Want to Play Mysterio

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bruce Campbell Explains Why He Didn’t Want to Play Mysterio  (Read 125 times)
Bringer of Rain, Thunder and Snow, an Undying Saga of Earth

« on: July 31, 2019, 01:08:08 pm »

TUDOR LEONTETUESDAY, JULY 30, 2019
image:

After debunking the rumors that he was going to play Mysterio in Sam Raimi’s Spider-Man 4, Bruce Campbell has clarified why he wouldn’t have wanted to do it anyway. Speaking with io9, Campbell confessed his dislike of green screen technology, and why he would have never played that character.

ADVERTISEMENTSCROLL TO CONTINUE READING
“I was just telling somebody—actors, like, ‘Oh, man, I wish I could be in one of those superhero movies. Man, I’d love to be Mysterio.’ Let’s say Mysterio,” he said. “OK. Congratulations. You’re Mysterio. Here’s your costume, and you can’t even take a leak in this costume. But we’ve got a team for that. Don’t worry. But we’ve got tubes, things like that. So we’re going to be in this really uncomfortable outfit and you’re not really going to be anywhere. You’re in the king’s castle? Oh yeah, you’re on that chair, painted green in front of a green screen, and a guy right here, and you’re looking at that castle exploding. Oh no, oh no. Tennis ball on a stick. That’s what you’re looking at.”

RELATED – Bruce Campbell Confirms a New “Fully Immersive” Evil Dead Video Game
Then he confessed that, in his opinion, Batman v Superman was a “stupid concept,” and the reason why is the lack of credibility of that story.

“Ash from Evil Dead, he can be killed at any time. Car crash. He’s dead. But these guys who have this special superhero power, to me that’s snoresville. If you don’t have Kryptonite, then—Batman v Superman. Stupid, stupid, stupid concept. Never should’ve been made. Superman who can like, make the world go backwards with centrifugal force. Batman can’t do that. Superman can frickin’ fly. He’s the man of steel. All he has—one hand on Batman’s esophagus, the story is over. So they spent a lot of money kidding themselves.”

Batman v Superman is an easy target, but, in spite of his disdain, Campbell portraying Mysterio (either in Sam Raimi’s movie or in Spider-Man: Far From Home) would definitely have been mindblowing. Do you agree with Bruce Campbell’s declarations? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section below.

Read more at https://www.superherohype.com/movies/460503-bruce-campbell-explains-why-he-didnt-want-to-play-mysterio#icqEIuEUOsfJ7EQj.99
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: