Atlantis Online
April 20, 2024, 06:44:22 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Hunt for Lost City of Atlantis
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/3227295.stm

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Orlando Bloom Won’t Be a Part of The Lord of the Ring Series

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Orlando Bloom Won’t Be a Part of The Lord of the Ring Series  (Read 96 times)
One Step Beyond

« on: July 29, 2019, 01:11:00 pm »

BLAIR MARNELLSUNDAY, JULY 28, 2019
image:

By a strange quirk of fate, Orlando Bloom is starring in Carnival Row, an Amazon Prime original series while the streaming service is also planning a The Lord of the Rings TV show. Bloom portrayed the elf warrior, Legolas, in Peter Jackson’s Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit trilogies. While speaking at Amazon’s TCA presentation, Bloom shot down the possibility of reprising his role for the show.

ADVERTISEMENTSCROLL TO CONTINUE READING
Via Deadline, Bloom said “I like to think of myself as ageless but I don’t know where I would fit in that world. As Legolas, they’ve probably got a 19 year old kid who’s ready to go.”

J.R.R. Tolkien never gave Legolas’ exact age, so his date of birth is unconfirmed. However, it’s unlikely that Legolas will appear in the series, because it takes place in the Second Age, thousands of years before The Hobbit. In Tolkien’s writings, Elrond (the elf lord of Rivendell) was born in the First Age, and he lived through the Third Age. But there was never any indication that Legolas also lived in separate ages.

RELATED: Amazon Announces Its Lord of the Rings Creative Team
According to Bloom, Jackson also predicted that someone would eventually remake the trilogy.

“It’s so funny because I remember being on set with Peter… is it 20 years ago now?,'” recalled Bloom. “He said, ‘wouldn’t it be fun to think about people doing a remake of Lord of the Rings?’ This was amidst doing this remarkable shot. I [said] ‘that’s never going to happen.’”

Amazon’s LOTR series recently announced as Markella Kavenagh as its first cast member. The series will probably premiere on Amazon Prime in 2021. Bloom’s Carnival Row will hit Amazon on August 30.

Do you want to see Legolas appear in the LOTR series? If so, should Bloom reprise his role? Let us know in the comment section below!

Recommended Reading: J.R.R. Tolkien 4-Book Boxed Set: The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings

Read more at https://www.superherohype.com/tv/460259-orlando-bloom-wont-be-a-part-of-the-lord-of-the-ring-series#0imolfpsm4Isdb8r.99
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: