Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 07:15:06 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: USA showered by a watery comet ~11,000 years ago, ending the Golden Age of man in America
http://dsc.discovery.com/news/briefs/20050926/mammoth_02.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Scarlett Johansson Opens Up About Black Widow

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Scarlett Johansson Opens Up About Black Widow  (Read 230 times)
Black Dog Sun, the End of the Ancient World, Antediluvian X
Superhero Member

« on: August 02, 2019, 01:09:32 pm »

Black Widow Writer Calls the Film’s Combat Visceral, Aggressive
TUDOR LEONTEFRIDAY, AUGUST 02, 2019
image:Black Widow Writer Calls the Film’s Combat Visceral, Aggressive
In a recent interview with Inverse, Black Widow writer Jac Schaeffer revealed that fans will see Natasha Romanoff “very much on her own and over the events of the Black Widow movie,” having to “reckon with some of the red in her ledger.”

The film’s story is set shortly after the events of 2016’s Captain America: Civil War, and will explore the combat skills of the founding Avenger.

ADVERTISEMENTSCROLL TO CONTINUE READING
“The fighting [in Black Widow] is a lot of close contact, hand-to-hand combat. It’s very visceral. There’s a lot of aggression and power in a very human way that I find really satisfying and really exciting to watch, but it’s the polar opposite to writing for super-powered characters.”

RELATED – Star Rachel Weisz Says There Are Multiple Black Widows
Schaeffer continued, citing that she wasn’t a fan of superhero movies before writing the Black Widow film and that she’d like to continue to see more variety in the films, like Carol Danvers in Captain Marvel.

“I would like to see alternatives to violence in superhero movies,” she added. “Maybe I would qualify that by saying, alternatives to glamorizing guns and weaponry. That’s one of the reasons that I love Captain Marvel — it’s all about inner power. And the destruction is not at the expense of human life.”

Black Widow hits theaters on May 1, 2020.

Read more at https://www.superherohype.com/news/461011-black-widow-writer-calls-the-films-combat-visceral-aggressive#Mw6fpFHDBgH2IVMK.99
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: