Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 08:10:05 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ARE Search For Atlantis 2007 Results
http://mysterious-america.net/bermudatriangle0.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Scarlett Johansson Opens Up About Black Widow

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Scarlett Johansson Opens Up About Black Widow  (Read 231 times)
Dread of the Living, Beyond the Door, Night of the Doomed

« on: July 23, 2019, 10:09:07 am »

ROBERT WORKMANMONDAY, JULY 22, 2019
image:

During this weekend’s San Diego Comic-Con, Marvel Studios officially announced its first film for Phase 4 – the stand-alone Black Widow. Scarlett Johansson’s heroine is joining up with an all-star cast, including Florence Pugh and David Harbour. But there’s more to the story than just a few clashes with Taskmaster.

ADVERTISEMENTSCROLL TO CONTINUE READING
While speaking with Variety, Johansson said “We do about seven pages of dialogue this week so maybe [Black Widow] is a little different than most Marvel movies. There’s lots of talking. I get to talk more…I think we’ll learn what she’s scared of. [We] could have made the film 10 years ago but it would have been a very different film. it probably would have been much more of a caricature of a person”

Johansson added that she feels “much more in myself and able to explore all the kind of things that make me uncomfortable and then just lay it out for you guys. It feels like I’m a stronger person by the fact that I have embraced my vulnerability. And I think that will make this version of the character really, hopefully, complex.”

Related: Black Widow: Taskmaster is Confirmed
She concluded the interview by providing praise for the film’s director, Cate Shortland.

“Cate is the perfect director because she always goes back to dig for what is real, what is brutally real and honest and what the truth of each scene is,” noted Johansson. “And not only does she have an incredible visual vocabulary, which is obvious in her work, but she’s always searching for the uncomfortable, brutal truth, and that’s what we need for this film.”

Black Widow hits theaters on May 1, 2020. What are you hoping to see in the film? Let us know in the comments below!

Recommended Reading: Black Widow Vol. 1: The Finely Woven Thread

Read more at https://www.superherohype.com/movies/459479-scarlett-johansson-opens-up-about-black-widow#XfciwMvwiQAWo5ca.99
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

God of the Mors, Search for Eternity, the Withered Scarecrow

« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2019, 01:13:42 pm »

Sjavascript:void(0);tar Rachel Weisz Says There Are Multiple Black Widows
TUDOR LEONTETUESDAY, JULY 23, 2019
image:

PHOTO CREDIT: FILM FRAME © MARVEL 2016
Star Rachel Weisz Says There Are Multiple Black Widows
The next phase of the Marvel Cinematic Universe will officially kick off once the Black Widow solo movie hits theaters in 2020. Marvel Studios is doing a great job in keeping the details of the movie under the wraps. However, in a post-Hall H interview at Comic-Con with IGN, Black Widow star Rachel Weisz has shared some new details about the project. She will portray Melina in Cate Shortland’s upcoming movie, but the name is the only thing we know about this mysterious character. At least until now.

“Melina has been cycled through the Black Widow Red Room programmed five times by the time the film starts,” Weisz said. “She started being cycled through when she was a child. She’s a highly accomplished spy and assassin but I can’t tell you her relationship to anyone else.”

RELATED – Scarlett Johansson Opens Up About Black Widow
Asked how many Black Widows fans will see in the movie, she revealed that there will more than one, or two.

“There are quite a number,” Weisz added. “I’m a Black Widow, and Scarlett and Florence. There are quite a lot of other characters you meet who are Black Widows.”

The top-secret Soviet brainwashing and training program called the Red Room will have a pivotal role in the Black Widow movie. Weisz’s words are a confirmation of the fact that her character will be one of the world’s deadliest and most elite assassins. Our guess is that Melina is one of Natasha Romanoff’s training partners.

You can check the full interview with Rachel Weisz out in the player below.

Black Widow hits theaters on May 1, 2020. What’s the reason behind having multiple Black Widows in the upcoming movie? Let us know your guess in the comments section below.

Read more at https://www.superherohype.com/movies/459583-star-rachel-weisz-says-there-are-quite-a-number-of-black-widows#DEwzbsvljd5XQie9.99
Report Spam   Logged
Black Dog Sun, the End of the Ancient World, Antediluvian X
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2019, 01:09:32 pm »

Black Widow Writer Calls the Film’s Combat Visceral, Aggressive
TUDOR LEONTEFRIDAY, AUGUST 02, 2019
image:Black Widow Writer Calls the Film’s Combat Visceral, Aggressive
In a recent interview with Inverse, Black Widow writer Jac Schaeffer revealed that fans will see Natasha Romanoff “very much on her own and over the events of the Black Widow movie,” having to “reckon with some of the red in her ledger.”

The film’s story is set shortly after the events of 2016’s Captain America: Civil War, and will explore the combat skills of the founding Avenger.

ADVERTISEMENTSCROLL TO CONTINUE READING
“The fighting [in Black Widow] is a lot of close contact, hand-to-hand combat. It’s very visceral. There’s a lot of aggression and power in a very human way that I find really satisfying and really exciting to watch, but it’s the polar opposite to writing for super-powered characters.”

RELATED – Star Rachel Weisz Says There Are Multiple Black Widows
Schaeffer continued, citing that she wasn’t a fan of superhero movies before writing the Black Widow film and that she’d like to continue to see more variety in the films, like Carol Danvers in Captain Marvel.

“I would like to see alternatives to violence in superhero movies,” she added. “Maybe I would qualify that by saying, alternatives to glamorizing guns and weaponry. That’s one of the reasons that I love Captain Marvel — it’s all about inner power. And the destruction is not at the expense of human life.”

Black Widow hits theaters on May 1, 2020.

Read more at https://www.superherohype.com/news/461011-black-widow-writer-calls-the-films-combat-visceral-aggressive#Mw6fpFHDBgH2IVMK.99
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: