Atlantis Online
March 29, 2024, 07:00:12 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Were seafarers living here 16,000 years ago?
http://www.canada.com/victoriatimescolonist/news/story.html?id=34805893-6a53-46f5-a864-a96d53991051&k=39922

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Krysten Ritter Doesn’t Think She’ll Play Jessica Jones Again

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Krysten Ritter Doesn’t Think She’ll Play Jessica Jones Again  (Read 147 times)
Bringer of Rain, Thunder and Snow, an Undying Saga of Earth

« on: June 26, 2019, 01:11:47 pm »

BLAIR MARNELLSUNDAY, JUNE 23, 2019
image:

Jessica Jones season 3 marked the end of Marvel’s collaboration with Netflix. The streaming service canceled Daredevil, Iron Fist, Luke Cage, and The Punisher for a variety of reasons, including the upcoming launch of Disney+. But Jessica Jones was canceled months before the third season dropped. Regardless of the circumstances, Jessica Jones still managed to wrap its story with a sense of finality. While speaking with TVLine, series star Krysten Ritter shared her satisfaction with the final season and a willingness to put Jessica Jones behind her.

ADVERTISEMENTSCROLL TO CONTINUE READING
“Do I think I’ll play her again? I don’t think so,” said Ritter. “I feel like I’ve played her, you know? I feel really good about it. I feel good about closing the door.”

RELATED: Jess Confronts Trish in Jessica Jones Season 3 Clip
Melissa Rosenberg, the series’ showrunner and executive producer, also expressed a desire to move on. But at the same time, she left the door open for Jessica Jones to return.

“I feel like this is a really complete, closed chapter,” said Rosenberg. “I mean, never say never. But I feel ready to tell all new stories.”

Because of the contracts between Marvel and Netflix, none of the characters featured in their respective series can be used at least the next two years. Beyond that, it’s hard to picture these TV MA Marvel shows finding a new home at Disney+. Perhaps Hulu would be a better alternative, if the Marvel Netflix heroes get another chance.

What did you think about the way Jessica Jones season 3 ended its story? Let us know in the comment section below!

Recommend Reading: Jessica Jones Alias Vol 1

TAGS: JESSICA JONES, KRYSTEN RITTER, MARVEL, NETFLIX

Read more at https://www.superherohype.com/tv/454845-krysten-ritter-doesnt-think-shell-play-jessica-jones-again#IvMVgoO0oyXZVz14.99
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Final Dread, the Unquiet Earth, Ghostland, Armageddon

« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2019, 01:21:32 pm »

Krysten Ritter Is More Than Willing to Play Jessica Jones Again
BLAIR MARNELLWEDNESDAY, JUNE 26, 2019
image:

Krysten Ritter Is More Than Willing to Play Jessica Jones Again
Jessica Jones and the rest of Marvel’s Defenders series came to an end largely because of issues between Netflix and Disney. As the last of the Marvel Netflix shows, Jessica Jones managed to wrap things up as neatly as possible. Recently, Krysten Ritter expressed her satisfaction with the ending, while also sharing her belief that she’ll never play Jessica Jones again.

Because Ritter’s comments were misinterpreted to mean that she would never reprise her role, she set the record straight on her Twitter account.

I would play JJ again in a HEARTBEAT – she’s the coolest character ever and I love her! Hey, you never know what the future holds. As for now I’m so proud of the long run & the deep character work I got to do. It’s been a dream and never say never! https://t.co/donjfIgjvp

— krysten ritter (@Krystenritter) June 24, 2019

RELATED: Jessica Jones Season 3 Finale Recap
Because of the deal initially signed by Marvel and Netflix, none of the characters from the various series can be used for up to two years after their respective cancellations. This means that Jessica Jones can’t make her live-action return any sooner than 2021. And while it seems unlikely that a brand new Jessica Jones series would launch on Hulu, Marvel has expressed a desire to revisit all of the heroes cancelled by Netflix. How that would happen remains to be seen.

Do you want to see Krysten Ritter reprise her role as Jessica Jones again? Let us know in the comment section below!

Read more at https://www.superherohype.com/tv/455421-krysten-ritter-is-more-than-willing-to-play-jessica-jones-again#hca7pjRLFCxa0WjS.99
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: