Atlantis Online
April 19, 2024, 05:17:38 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: USA showered by a watery comet ~11,000 years ago, ending the Golden Age of man in America
http://dsc.discovery.com/news/briefs/20050926/mammoth_02.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Emilia Clarke: I 'deeply regret' one thing from the final season of 'Game of Thr

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Emilia Clarke: I 'deeply regret' one thing from the final season of 'Game of Thr  (Read 94 times)
Final Dread, the Unquiet Earth, Ghostland, Armageddon

« on: June 05, 2019, 10:21:58 am »

Emilia Clarke: I 'deeply regret' one thing from the final season of 'Game of Thrones'
USA TODAY   
Cydney Henderson
,USA TODAY•June 4, 2019
Emilia Clarke may have said goodbye to the Mother of Dragons, but she does "deeply regret" one thing from the final season of "Game of Thrones."

Clarke, who played the fiery Daenerys Targaryen on eight seasons of the hit HBO series, said she wishes she'd kept a souvenir from the set for herself.

"I didn’t take anything, and I deeply regret it, and I’m very annoyed," she told Regina Hall during an interview with Variety. "I’m really hoping that the showrunners give me a dragon. I need my smelly socks. I think I did take those."

‘Game of Thrones': 5 things we learned from 'The Last Watch’ behind-the-scenes documentary

Emilia Clarke arrives for the "Game of Thrones" eighth and final season premiere at Radio City Music Hall in New York City in April 3, 2019.
Emilia Clarke arrives for the "Game of Thrones" eighth and final season premiere at Radio City Music Hall in New York City in April 3, 2019.
More
Clarke, 32, said it's taken her a long time to accept the show has come to an end after the last 10 years, where she has "grown into a woman."

"It’s been almost a year in post (production), and it’s taken me that long to come to terms with it. Where are my dragons? That famous line. Where the hell are they? It felt deeply emotional," Clarke said.

She added that "Daenerys literally saved my life" after she suffered two brain hemorrhages, most recently in 2013.

"It puts you in quite the headspace when you’ve had a brain injury," Clarke said. "Walking in (Daenerys') shoes, I just put so much more into each season because it really was life or death. I felt so powerfully that she was saving me. I could only see her. That was my single point of focus that allowed me to not think about anything scarier than just getting on set."

Emilia Clarke: 'A bit of my brain actually died' during second aneurysm

Emilia Clarke in a scene from HBO's "Game of Thrones" that aired May 5, 2019.
Emilia Clarke in a scene from HBO's "Game of Thrones" that aired May 5, 2019.
More
In April, Clarke told "CBS Sunday Morning" that she learned to draw strength from playing the Mother of Dragons.

"You go on set and you play a bad (expletive) and you walk through fire – and that became the thing that saved me from considering my own mortality."

Related: 'Game of Thrones' star Emilia Clarke survived 2 aneurysms between seasons of hit show

This article originally appeared on USA TODAY: Emilia Clarke: I 'deeply regret' one thing from the final season of 'Game of Thrones'

View reactions (42)

https://news.yahoo.com/emilia-clarke-apos-deeply-regret-034604569.html
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: