Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 03:13:17 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: DID A COMET CAUSE A FIRESTORM THAT DEVESTATED NORTH AMERICA 12,900 YEARS AGO?
http://atlantisonline.smfforfree2.com/index.php/topic,1963.0.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

George R.R. Martin Denies He Has Finished Game of Thrones Books

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: George R.R. Martin Denies He Has Finished Game of Thrones Books  (Read 178 times)
Final Dread, the Unquiet Earth, Ghostland, Armageddon

« on: May 14, 2019, 10:16:24 am »

TUDOR LEONTETUESDAY, MAY 14, 2019
image:

We may be close to see the highly-anticipated conclusion of HBO’s epic drama Game of Thrones, but the A Song of Ice and Fire saga is far from being finished. Recently, former GoT star Ian McElhinney seemingly revealed during a convention that George R.R. Martin had actually finished the two final books years ago. According to McElhinney, Martin would not release the books until HBO completed the series, since he struck an agreement with the network to delay them.

ADVERTISEMENTSCROLL TO CONTINUE READING
Now, Martin has replied to this rumor on his personal website.

“I will, however, say for the record,” Martin wrote. “No, THE WINDS OF WINTER and A DREAM OF SPRING are not finished. DREAM is not even begun; I am not going to start writing volume seven until I finish volume six.”

RELATED – Game of Thrones Showrunners Explain Penultimate Episode’s Shocking Turn
Then Martin explained that actually it is in his best interests to finish the literary saga as soon as possible.

“It seems absurd to me that I need to state this,” he added. “The world is round, the Earth revolves around the sun, water is wet… do I need to say that too? It boggles me that anyone would believe this story, even for an instant. It makes not a whit of sense. Why would I sit for years on completed novels? Why would my publishers — not just here in the US, but all around the world — ever consent to this? They make millions and millions of dollars every time a new Ice & Fire book comes out, as do I. Delaying makes no sense. Why would HBO want the books delayed? The books help create interest in the show, just as the show creates interest in the books.”

Game of Thrones’ final episode airs Sunday, May 19. When do you think we will see the end of the A Song of Ice and Fire saga? Let us know your predictions in the comments section below.

Read more at https://www.superherohype.com/news/448357-george-r-r-martin-denies-he-had-finished-game-of-thrones-books#ydMfkcMYYcXgEcA2.99
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Final Dread, the Unquiet Earth, Ghostland, Armageddon

« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2019, 10:16:58 am »

Lena Headey Opens up About Her Character’s Fate in Game of Thrones
TUDOR LEONTETUESDAY, MAY 14, 2019
image:

Lena Headey Opens up About Her Character’s Fate in Game of Thrones
Spoiler warning for Episode 8.05 of Game of Thrones!

Game of Thrones’ latest episode saw a massacre, with both major and minor characters departing from the show as the battle raged in the capital of the Seven Kingdoms. Among them, the self-proclaimed Queen of the Andals, Cersei Lannister herself met her end, as well as her brother and lover Jamie.

ADVERTISEMENTSCROLL TO CONTINUE READING
Speaking with Entertainment Weekly, actress Lena Headey discussed what her character did in that last episode. Furthermore, she delved into her denial of reality.

“She starts off in this final season trapped in a web of her own making, as is usual with Cersei,” Headey said. “She’s desperately unhappy and everything that’s happened becomes more real than it ever has for her. She starts to lose control of the situation. She’s destroyed every good alliance, connection, love in her life — she was always destined to be alone. And until the very, very last minute, she is, as ever, in denial of what’s actually happening.”

RELATED – Game of Thrones Performer Had To Be Consoled Over Their Fate
Then the actress revealed that she felt the character she played for 8 years left the scene with a “perfect end”.

“The more we talked about it the more it seemed like the perfect end for her,” Headey added. “They came into the world together and now they leave together. I think the important thing is that Jaime had a chance at freedom [with Brienne] and finally liberated himself from Cersei, which I think the audience will be thrilled about. I think the biggest surprise is he came back for her. Cersei realizes just how she loves him and just how much he loves her. It’s the most authentic connection she’s ever had. Ultimately they belong together.”

Game of Thrones’ final episode airs Sunday, May 19. Do you feel that the end of Cersei Lannister’s storyline was perfect? Tell us your thoughts about it in the comments section below.

Read more at https://www.superherohype.com/news/448341-lena-headey-opens-up-about-her-characters-fate-in-game-of-thrones#tusVTeMz51HJT3zp.99
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: