Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 06:44:58 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Scientists Confirm Historic Massive Flood in Climate Change
http://www.giss.nasa.gov/research/news/20060228/

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

First Avengers: Endgame Reactions From West Coast Premiere

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: First Avengers: Endgame Reactions From West Coast Premiere  (Read 391 times)
Black Dog Sun, the End of the Ancient World, Antediluvian X
Superhero Member

« on: April 23, 2019, 10:14:34 am »

First Avengers: Endgame Reactions From West Coast Premiere!
MAX EVRYTUESDAY, APRIL 23, 2019
image:

IMAGE:

WATCH GALLERY
IMAGE:

LOS ANGELES, CA - APRIL 22: CHRIS EVANS ATTENDS THE LOS ANGELES WORLD PREMIERE OF MARVEL STUDIOS' "AVENGERS: ENDGAME" AT THE LOS ANGELES CONVENTION CENTER ON APRIL 23, 2019 IN LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA. (PHOTO BY ALBERTO E. RODRIGUEZ/GETTY IMAGES FOR DISNEY)
First Avengers: Endgame reactions from west coast premiere!
The Avengers: Endgame world premiere took place in Los Angeles tonight, and the first SPOILER FREE reactions from those in attendance have hit the web. Check out the very first Endgame reactions below!

#AvengerEndgame is an immensely satisfying payoff, not just to Infinity War but to all the films that came before. This is why the MCU. (And I say this as someone who was not especially enamored of Infinity War, FWIW.)

— Angie J. Han (@ajhan) April 23, 2019

#AvengersEndgame is a masterful epic – a true culmination of 22 films that not only concludes the story, but expands upon it. You’ll learn more about the other movies while this one unfolds. If Infinity War is the brawn, Endgame is the brains. And wow, what an ending! pic.twitter.com/94ttBUQKJ0

— Erik Davis (@ErikDavis) April 23, 2019

The scope of Avengers: Endgame is impossible to put into words. What Fiege & MCU achieved over last 10-years has lead to this gloriously masterful moment in cinema & it’s truly mind-blowing how beautifully paced this storytelling is. Perfectly balanced. As all things should be.

— Kevin McCarthy (@KevinMcCarthyTV) April 23, 2019

#AvengersEndgame is A LOT. Too much at times. But wow the payoff is huge. Left me proud to have invested over a decade in a franchise that delivers an inspiring exploration of what it means to be family & a hero. (Endgame also now has one of my favorite shots in the entire MCU.)

— Perri Nemiroff (@PNemiroff) April 23, 2019

Wow. #AvengersEndgame is staggering. It’s surprising in ways I never saw coming and satisfying in ways I didn’t realize I needed. It’s kind of the ultimate gift to fans of the MCU. It’s very long and has a few hiccups, but is everything you’re hoping for and more. pic.twitter.com/RO97kw9fs5

— Germain Lussier (@GermainLussier) April 23, 2019

Just watched Avengers: Endgame. I don’t believe hyperbole is possible for this movie. It is the ultimate Marvel movie in every way possible and words cannot describe how epic it is. And yes, Hawkeye is a rockstar.

— Rob Keyes (@rob_keyes) April 23, 2019

Big props to the original six Avengers who do incredible things in #AvengersEndgame.

— Rob Keyes (@rob_keyes) April 23, 2019

While watching #AvengersEndgame, I laughed so loud, I clapped with so much force, and I cried so hard. The movie exceeds every expectation and is the perfect culmination of the entire Marvel Cinematic Universe.

— Brandon Davis (@BrandonDavisBD) April 23, 2019

Imagine the best possible version of #AvengersEndgame and somehow the film still surpasses all expectations. I cried 5-6 times. It’s the most emotional, most epic, MCU film. A tribute to ten years of this universe and holy **** the great fan service in this movie. Soooo good.

— Peter Sciretta (@slashfilm) April 23, 2019

So I just saw #AvengersEndgame, and you guys aren’t ready for shiiiiit. All the theorizing didn’t prepare you for this. I cried a lot, I flung my hands in the air and screamed out loud. It’s incredible. #EndgamePremiereLA #Avengers #Endgame

— Beatrice Verhoeven (@bverhoev) April 23, 2019

I was not prepared for the range of emotions that #Endgame put me through, from utter despair to pure elation. I laughed, I cried, I wished Tony Stark was my dad.

— Dave Itzkoff (@ditzkoff) April 23, 2019

#AvengersEndgame is the film of the year. If you thought you’d seen comics brought fully to the big screen already, prepare to reset your expectations AGAIN.#MCU #Avengers #Endgame #EndgamePremiereLA #EndgamePremiere

— Mark Hughes (@markhughesfilms) April 23, 2019

It’s incredible. I’m speechless. #endgame

— Ryan Parker (@TheRyanParker) April 23, 2019

All I’m going to say about @Avengers #EndGame is that I am an emotional wreck and can’t stop crying

— Maude Garrett (@maudegarrett) April 23, 2019

ENDGAME > INFINITY WAR

— Kyle Buchanan (@kylebuchanan) April 23, 2019

#AvengersEndgame is the most ‘Harry Potter’ of all the ‘Avengers’ movies. I mean that as a compliment! pic.twitter.com/qzpWiZkNC6

— Ramin Setoodeh (@RaminSetoodeh) April 23, 2019

Avengers Endgame: A mediocre first 2 hours that’s equal parts cool moments and problematic moments that ends with a final hour that’s an absolute magnificent geek wet dream. Need to see it again (tomorrow) to solidify my thoughts.

— John Campea (@johncampea) April 23, 2019

Spoiler free #AvengersEndgame thoughts: Fans are going to go APESHIT. #AvengersEndgamePremiere

— Joel Meares (@joelmeares) April 23, 2019

You guys. This is it! Avengers: Endgame is entertainment from beginning to end. There were tears, laughter, cheering. A lot of cheering. I’m ready to watch it again. The payoff is so plan your bathroom breaks accordingly. #avengersendgame

— Wendy Lee Szany (@WendyLeeSzany) April 23, 2019

RELATED: Watch the Avengers: Endgame World Premiere Red Carpet Livestream!

Stars Robert Downey Jr., Chris Evans, Mark Ruffalo, Chris Hemsworth, Scarlett Johansson, Jeremy Renner, Brie Larson, Paul Rudd, Don Cheadle, Karen Gillan, Danai Gurira, Bradley Cooper, Gwyneth Paltrow, Josh Brolin, Benedict Wong, and Hiroyuki Sanada attended the premiere, along with directors Anthony Russo, Joe Russo, producer Kevin Feige, executive producers Louis D’Esposito, Victoria Alonso, Michael Grillo, Trinh Tran, Jon Favreau, and screenwriters Christopher Markus, Stephen McFeely.

Special guests from the MCU include Benedict Cumberbatch, Chris Pratt, Evangeline Lilly, Anthony Mackie, Elizabeth Olsen, Sebastian Stan, Clark Gregg, Michael B. Jordan, Zoe Saldana, Linda Cardellini, Kerry Condon, David Dastmalchian, Vin Diesel, Laurence Fishburne, Frank Grillo, Sean Gunn, Pom Klementieff, Ross Marquand, Terry Notary, Tony Revolori, Michael Rooker, James Michael Shaw, Cobie Smulders, Algenis Perez Soto, Shaun Toub, Tom Vaughan-Lawlor, Taika Waititi, Letitia Wright and Natalie Portman.

Special guests also include Matt Damon, Rob Gronkowski, Saquon Barkley, Dwight Howard, Ken Jeong, Nate Berkus, Jeremiah Brent, Frankie Valli, Chloe Bennet, Natalia Cordova-Buckley, Elizabeth Henstridge, Olivia Holt, Aubrey Joseph, Emma Lahana, Henry Simmons, Jeff Ward, and Ming-Na Wen.

RELATED: Captain Marvel Catches Up on Life Since the ’90s in Audi Promo for Endgame

Last year’s Infinity War saw the titular superhero team take the fight to Thanos in order to stop his attempt at exterminating half of the universe’s population with the Infinity stones. But it was to no avail, as he was able to successfully collect them all and snap his fingers, wiping out half of all life from existence in a cloud of ash.

The grave course of events set in motion by Thanos that wiped out half the universe and fractured the Avengers ranks compels the remaining Avengers to take one final stand in Marvel Studios’ grand conclusion to twenty-two films, Endgame.

Confirmed cast members for the fourth film so far includes Robert Downey Jr., Chris Evans, Mark Ruffalo, Scarlett Johansson, Chris Hemsworth, Jeremy Renner, Don Cheadle, Sean Gunn, Paul Rudd, Brie Larson, Karen Gillan, Katherine Langford and Josh Brolin as Thanos.

The epic final battle between the heroes and Thanos will burst onto the big screen on April 26.

Read more at https://www.superherohype.com/news/445355-first-avengers-endgame-reactions-from-west-coast-premiere#0LmjTLrLbKcQjwDR.99
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2019, 10:15:36 am »

Kevin Feige Explains Marvel’s Diversity Push
JAKE ABBATETUESDAY, APRIL 23, 2019
image:

Kevin Feige Explains Marvel’s Diversity Push
Phase Four of the MCU is poised to explore unseen corners of the Marvel Universe through the eyes of a fresh assortment of costumed heroes. The new power sets of characters like The Eternals and Shang-Chi are sure to dazzle onscreen. However, Kevin Feige would like to remind viewers that there’s more to the studio’s mission than VFX-heavy action sequences. While speaking with News 18 (via BleedingCool), he shared what his personal aims are for the franchise’s next chapter, and Marvel’s diversity push overall.

Feige has previously said that with Shang-Chi, Marvel is hoping to do for Asian-American moviegoers what Black Panther did for African-American audiences. The goal is representation. But that doesn’t mean fans of all races can’t identify with the characters about to make their MCU debut.

RELATED: Kevin Feige Addresses the Future of Deadpool and Disney+ Marvel Shows
“I think every movie that we do is a risk,” said Feige. “We only want to do movies that people seem to think are risks. Doing the story of an Asian-American hero of Chinese heritage is something that is very intriguing to us. It will be really different and special. I hope audiences around the world respond to it in the same way they did to Steve Rogers… whether they have [an] American flag or not. It’s about the individual storyline, spectacle and adventure that come with Marvel Studios movies.”

Feige also teased that a plus-size superhero could be arriving “sooner than you think.” Additionally, since News 18 is an Indian news outlet, Feige was asked if India was part of the studio’s plan to branch out to more diverse territory.

“There is no official update but we want our films to reflect the world, to reflect audiences all over the globe that are cheering for our films,” Feige said. “We want them to see themselves up there. In our comic books, there are a lot of characters and opportunities to do that.”

You can share your thoughts on Feige’s latest remarks in the comment section below!

TAGS: KEVI

Read more at https://www.superherohype.com/movies/445307-kevin-feige-explains-marvels-diversity-push#qmX7qFHqdKo4GbVs.99
Report Spam   Logged
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2019, 10:16:08 am »

Spider-Man: Far From Home is the Real Marvel Phase 3 Finale
ROBERT WORKMANMONDAY, APRIL 22, 2019
image:

Spider-Man: Far From Home is the Real Marvel Phase 3 Finale
When Avengers: Endgame opens this Friday, it’ll mark the end of the Infinity Stones story arc. It may also serve as a conclusion to several characters we’ve grown to love over the years. But the one thing it won’t be is the end of Marvel’s Phase 3.

On the Da Cong YouTube channel, Marvel Studios head Kevin Feige talked with the team about Spider-Man: Far From Home. He actually admitted that, while Endgame has high stakes, the solo Spidey film serves as the real end to the story.

“It’s the end of the third phase,” said Feige. “You’re the first person I told that to.” If this ends up being the case, then Far From Home could provide some genuine closure to what happens in Endgame.

Related: Jon Watts on Spider-Man and Nick Fury’s Relationship In Far From Home
We do know quite a bit about Far From Home thus far, based on the trailer we’ve seen. We know that Samuel L. Jackson’s Nick Fury will play a part, enlisting the web-slinger for assistance with a mission. We also know some elemental enemies will join the fray, possibly Molten Man and Hydro-Man. And then there’s Jake Gyllenhaal’s Mysterio, who’s very similar to his comic book counterpart, helmet and all. What role he plays in all this is too soon to tell. But considering his villainous nature, don’t be surprised if he creates a fun arc for future films.

We’re still a little ways off from seeing what happens in Far From Home, since it won’t open until July 2. In the meantime, however, Endgame will fill in many of the blanks when it opens this Friday, April 26.

Read more at https://www.superherohype.com/movies/445267-spider-man-far-from-home-is-the-real-marvel-phase-3-finale#tRIjLUAVzwPXZqKY.99
Report Spam   Logged
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2019, 10:16:40 am »

Report Spam   Logged
Final Dread, the Unquiet Earth, Ghostland, Armageddon

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2019, 01:13:05 pm »

‘Avengers: Endgame’: Who Dies in the Final Film?
Greg Brian | MORE ARTICLES
April 20, 2019

The chatter about who dies in Avengers: Endgame continues to raise plenty of debate, despite a sure bet demise for at least one superhero. It’s best to be prepared for more deaths, though, including more than what we ever thought could happen.

What’s problematic about this is many analysts can’t decide who might die because all the superheroes play important roles in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. A lot of them are being branched off into outside projects as well.

Let’s look a little closer and see if there are any clues to who might die and whether they’ll inevitably be revived as every superhero seems to.

The evidence of Captain America dying
If Captain America means something to you, I hope you like this @EW story.

Before #AvengersEndgame arrives, we wanted to go back to the beginning.

As Peggy Carter once said, "Sometimes the best that we can do … is to start over." ❤️ https://t.co/Y0I6ZtkRQO

— Anthony Breznican (@Breznican) April 11, 2019
It seems obvious Chris Evans’s Captain America is going to die based squarely on his previous announcement of Endgame being his final moments in the role.

This isn’t to say he’ll necessarily die, but fans would protest to the skies if someone else was cast as the good Captain at this point. Evans is so identified as Captain America, he may be typecast as much as Christopher Reeve was as Superman.

Since Steve Rogers’ origin story involved time-traveling from the past to the present, some insinuate there could be some creative way to reverse his possible death.

Would the MCU have his death mean time-traveling back to his original past? This could pave the way for a replacement, something that’s already happened in the comic book edition.

Then again, when one actor is so solidly identified as a superhero, producers aren’t going to be so willing.

Many are still speculating whether Tony Stark/Iron Man dies
This goes without saying but, if Tony Stark dies in #AvengersEndgame , I will burn the MCU to the ground.

Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk.

— Jones_Codes (@run_100mi) April 12, 2019
As you can see from Twitter, fans are already up in arms about the rumors growing about Tony Stark possibly dying in Endgame. Much of this comes down to Robert Downey, Jr. saying he’s also bowing out of the MCU for now.

While we want to see Downey return to some real human dramas again (and he probably does as well), we can’t see Tony Stark being dead forever if he dies at all.

No doubt Endgame will find some way to preserve Tony Stark or place him in limbo, even if he technically has a death at the end of the film.

Should Iron Man and Captain America die, what does this mean for all the other superheroes? Will we have a major shock and watch many more die, or just Rogers and Stark?

Some of the cast say we won’t believe what happens
#ScarlettJohansson proves why she's one of the fiercest female characters. https://t.co/1fIkdTFWrO

— HYPEBEAST (@HYPEBEAST) April 12, 2019
Many of the cast members say they’ve been stressed trying to maintain secrets for Endgame. The secrecy has gone to hysterical levels on par with keeping Game of Thrones finale secrets, which only brings unwanted PTSD with the actors.

One thing the Endgame cast have given away, though, is they say fans will never guess the finale, something possibly giving more hope on the outcomes of each superhero. Having many dying off really does seem like an overly obvious plot device.

We have to wonder if Marvel Entertainment has some heightened cleverness up their sleeve, as in more or less blending death with preservation or future resurrection. This isn’t to say we might not see at least one or two die permanently until there’s future spinoffs/reboots with new actors bringing reinvention.

In this regard, we kind of wonder if they’ll follow a specific mantra of the new Star Wars trilogy.

They may not be really gone
A quote of a lifetime from Episode VIII and IX in Star Wars is Luke Skywalker saying, “No one is ever really gone.”

The MCU may go with this path in a time when we all find emotional connections to epic film franchises like this.

Producers understand fans don’t want to say a long goodbye like a real-life death. Despite some of the actors moving on for now, we can’t see them staying away forever, including Robert Downey, Jr.

In other words, there’s always a way for Marvel to revive these superheroes through methods possibly making them better and stronger than they were in their previous life.

https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/avengers-endgame-who-dies-in-the-final-film.html/
Report Spam   Logged
Final Dread, the Unquiet Earth, Ghostland, Armageddon

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2019, 01:15:22 pm »

Avengers: Endgame’ plot details from someone who says they saw the movie

Chris Smith  @chris_writes
April 22nd, 2019 at 6:04 PM
 Share   Tweet
We’re in the homestretch, Marvel fans. Avengers: Endgame is right around the corner. The official premiere is set for Monday afternoon in Los Angeles, and the first spoiler-free reviews will be coming out a day later. Theaters in some markets will start showing Endgame as soon as Wednesday, April 24th — two days ahead of the official April 26th launch date. What I’m getting at is that you only have a few days ago of avoiding spoilers, whether they come from the plethora of Endgame clips that Marvel’s putting out, or from leakers who keep sharing plot details over on Reddit, 4chan, and other places.

That also means you have to avoid the Endgame spoilers we’re about to share with you. On the other hand, if you’ve been devouring every piece of available Avengers information for the past year, whether it’s a brand new trailer, TV spot, fan theory, or plot leak, then you need to read the following spoilers as well.

DON'T MISS
Netgear’s most popular Orbi mesh Wi-Fi system is on sale for just $159.99, today only
Whether you’re a fan of spoilers or not, remember not to drop Endgame spoilers yourself when you’re out and about, discussing this massive Marvel undertaking with people who may not have seen the movie. It’s the right thing to do, and yes, I’m going to remind you about the Russo’s letter to avoid spoiling the film:

#DontSpoilTheEndgame pic.twitter.com/YZhbrwcijJ

— Russo Brothers (@Russo_Brothers) April 16, 2019

An anonymous person who claims they saw Avengers: Endgame recently reached out to BGR to correct some of the popular Endgame leaks going around, some of which are apparently wrong. The person, whom I’ll refer to as Batman, said they would not share the entire plot of Endgame with us, revealing only certain details from the film’s plot in an attempt to clarify the other leaked spoilers.

Time Travel

Image Source: Marvel Studios

Time travel will play a major role in the movie, Batman said, which is hardly a secret at this point. We all expect the surviving Avengers to go back in time to collect the Infinity Stones or replicate them. What our tipster said, however, is that time travel will be limited because it consumes mysterious resources. The film will explain how their time traveling adventures will affect the space-time continuum theory, and they’ll apparently mention Back to the Future and other time travel films.

Events from previous MCU titles, including the Battle of New York, events from Guardians of the Galaxy and Thor: The Dark World will also be revisited or play a role in the movie. Take this TV spot scene showing Tony Stark wearing a SHIELD uniform while flicking off Ant-Man from his shoulders:

The Avengers’ main objective will be not to prevent Thanos from snapping his fingers, as we witnessed him do in Infinity War, but to undo the Snap once it happens.

The Avengers will attempt to take the Stones back from Thanos at the beginning of the movie, but they won’t succeed, Batman, and they’ll need some five years to figure out how to beat Thanos.

The film’s beginning

Endgame will apparently start with Hawkeye and his family, right before Thanos snaps his fingers, our tipster said. This falls in line with a scene from the trailers (above), where we do see Hawkeye wearing an ankle bracelet just like Ant-Man’s, while he’s training a young woman in the ways of the bow and arrow. We’ve always speculated that might be his family, as other people are seen in the background of what appears to be his farm from Age of Ultron.

Elsewhere in the universe, the newest Avenger will save Tony Stark early in the film, per Batman, which seems to confirm one of the popular fan theories out there, that it’ll be Captain Marvel bringing Tony Stark and Nebula home somehow.

Without revealing any spoilers for Nebula, the tipster said that she would play a key role in how the Endgame story.

The film’s beginning is rather dark, but we should expect funny moments between these Marvel characters, with Thor serving as comic relief. So far, the TV clips and trailers gave us a taste of that. Think Thor-Captain Marvel scene at the beginning, Rocket’s advice for people who haven’t gone to space not to puke in his ship, or Tony and Steve’s friendly banter about putting the team together.

Stan Lee’s cameo

Image Source: Matt Baron/Shutterstock

We already know that Stan Lee’s cameo in Endgame will be his last MCU appearance, and Batman claims that Stan Lee’s appearance is brief, suggesting it doesn’t add anything to the story.

Post-credits scenes

Endgame will not have any post-credits scenes like previous MCU movies. We do get scenes after the film, but they’re not meant to tease any future adventures. Instead, Endgame will end with a clip featuring the past characters and give a special acknowledgment to the actors who will be leaving the MCU. Seymour’s leak made a similar claim about the end credits, and a leak the other day told us that there might be just one scene after Endgame.

Major character deaths

Batman told us two major characters will die in Endgame, without revealing who they are. He or she also said that two main characters would be heading up to Vormir, where one of them will be sacrificed, without saying who they are. Obviously, one of them has to return with the Soul Stone.

Many fan theories have tried to guess who will be sacrificed on Vormir in exchange for the Soul Stone, and there is one huge leak out there right now that names those characters. After all, Vormir is of vital importance for the movie, given what we learned in Infinity War.

While we were not told who dies in the end, Batman did tell us that Captain America will survive Endgame, although it’s not all good news.

Doctor Strange’s prophecy
Marvel Studios

Our tipster did say that Doctor Strange’s famous line from Infinity War when he told Stark that “there was no other way,” will be explained in the final battle against Thanos, where one character will make the final sacrifice. Given that Tony and Nebula were the only characters left alive on Titan after the snap, this is an implication that one of them will die. A fresh Endgame leak out there does say Tony will kill be the Avenger to sacrifice himself to kill Thanos.

Technically, Spider-Man dying after Doctor Strange in Infinity War, so he heard Strange’s strange line as well. But Spidey can’t die given that the character appears in Far From Home in early July.

Captain America

Remember this Endgame Captain America leak that fans just can’t accept? It says that Steve Rogers will retire to be with Peggy Carter once the world has been fixed, and I already explained in great detail why it makes absolute sense, no matter how much you’d hate it — check it in full at this link.

Batman tells us that the “Cap travels to the past to retire” storyline is somewhat misleading and misinterpreted. Cap goes back to Peggy’s timeline not to be with her, but because of the Avengers’ mission. That’s where he will make a mysterious “life-changing” decision.

What’s more, Seymour’s claim — the same one that tells us who will die on Vormir and that Tony will die at the end — isn’t correct about Cap being able to return to the present if he’s needed. The scarcity in resources that makes time travel itself a limited weapon in the hands of the Avengers means Steve can only make a round trip using their time traveling tech. Soon after he leaves, we’ll learn why he won’t be able to use this time traveling tool to return ever again.

I’m personally a fan of the “Cap going back in time” theory, and I’ve explained why this has to be seen as a mission for Cap, a personal sacrifice that he has to make for the plan to work. Our tipster seems to confirm at least that Cap will go back in time to be with Peggy, but as part of whatever it is they have to do to beat Thanos.

I also said that the Avengers getting a hold of time travel tricks that would allow them to return to the past and fix it whenever they need it would be a massive annoyance for the MCU. If what Batman says is accurate, then it means Marvel will make sure time travel will indeed be a limited weapon for future generations of Avengers. On the other hand, we are assuming that Doctor Strange will return, and he will regain access to that Time Stone of his.

Final thoughts

As you can see, Batman didn’t offer us a full rundown of Endgame events. The movie is, after all, three hours long, and there will be plenty of surprises left for us to discover. But he or she provided details that weren’t offered in other leaks, and the leaker also seemed to confirm one of Seymour’s main claims, albeit putting things in a different perspective.

I have reasons to believe these details are accurate, or that they make sense in a worst-case scenario, considering that I’ve been keeping an eye on everything Endgame-related for close to a year. That said, I have no way of verifying the identity of the leaker or his claim — that’s something we can also say about most online leakers. The only way we’ll know if these plot details are correct is to wait a few more days and see the film.

Thanks, Batman!
https://bgr.com/2019/04/22/avengers-endgame-plot-leaks-time-travel-deaths-and-captain-america/
Report Spam   Logged
God of the Mors, Search for Eternity, the Withered Scarecrow

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2019, 10:31:51 am »

Letita Wright Says Black Panther Sequel Depends On Avengers: Endgame
TUDOR LEONTEWEDNESDAY, APRIL 24, 2019
image:

Letita Wright Says Black Panther Sequel Depends On Avengers: Endgame
After making her debut in the Marvel Cinematic Universe as Shuri in Ryan Coogler’s Black Panther, actress Letitia Wright became a fan favorite. The Wakandan princess returned in Avengers: Infinity War, but didn’t survive Thanos’ snap. Speaking with Entertainment Tonight, Wright confirmed that she would like to reprise her character in a Black Panther sequel, but the future of the MCU depends on what happens in Avengers: Endgame.

“It all depends on this movie, really. It all depends on this movie,” said Wright. “We want to do it. We would love to do a Black Panther 2, but if something happens that is crazy, we might not see any other of anything.“

RELATED – Black Panther Takes Home 3 Oscars At the Academy Awards
Marvel Studios haven’t confirmed Black Panther 2 yet officially, although this is likely just a matter of time, since Coogler is already attached to write and direct the sequel.

As for Wright, she will likely reprise her role as Shuri in the film, but it remains to be seen if she’ll ever suit up as the hero herself.

“She does,” Wright said about her character’s comic history. “But then you have the Russo brothers and their ideas and that can change everything.“

Now all we have to do is to wait for Avengers: Endgame to hit theaters on April 26 and see if Black Panther, Shuri, and the rest of the fallen somehow come back from the snap and how the world looks

Read more at https://www.superherohype.com/news/445553-black-panther-actress-says-the-sequel-depends-on-avengers-endgame#QwigmqtIgXaOe1cy.99
Report Spam   Logged
God of the Mors, Search for Eternity, the Withered Scarecrow

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2019, 10:32:06 am »

Report Spam   Logged
Dread of the Living, Beyond the Door, Night of the Doomed

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2019, 10:22:03 am »

Avengers: Endgame Spoiler-Free Review – A Glorious Conclusion
TAYLOR SALANTHURSDAY, APRIL 25, 2019
image:

Avengers: Endgame Spoiler-Free Review – A Glorious Conclusion
Walking out of Avengers: Endgame was the aftermath of experiencing an event film on a scale “hitherto undreamt of.” At least that’s what Doctor Strange might say. In all seriousness, it’s hard to conceive of any film that can match the scope and scale of Endgame. Within this film, Marvel Studios has seamlessly brought together characters from 21 previous movies. Incredibly, Endgame feels like a worthy sequel to all of its predecessors. This might really be a once-in-a-lifetime cinematic event.

It’s almost impossible to downplay Endgame‘s achievement. Even after the heights of Avengers: Infinity War, it’s stunning to see all of Endgame’s elements blended together into a single narrative. Out of the 14,000,605 possibilities that Doctor Strange foresaw in Infinity War, Endgame was the best of all outcomes. It’s a legitimately great movie, even if it’s not quite perfect. But for a conclusion to Marvel’s Infinity Saga, it’s hard to ask for more than this.

Without further ado, here is our Avengers: Endgame spoiler-free review.

One Last Surprise
image: https://cdn1-www.superherohype.com/assets/uploads/2018/12/Avengers-Endgame-tony-stark.jpg

Avengers: Endgame

Directors Joe and Anthony Russo have mastered the art of juggling multiple characters within these big comic book movies. They’ve truly found their calling. Who else could have given Endgame such immense stakes and genuine emotion? There are even moments of true uncertainty and shocking character turns. The Russos masterfully handled it all, while covering an insane number of locations and characters. Somehow, they not only made it work, they’ve turned the film into a rousing success.

However, there are some tonal inconsistencies at certain points during the first two acts. Without getting into spoilers, Infinity War did a better job of maintaining the vibe of the various sub-franchises than Endgame does. Conversely, Endgame has a pace that feels nearly pitch-perfect. The film strikes an effective balance between moving the plot along at a brisk pace while also giving the heroes very rewarding moments. The Russos didn’t really innovate anything in the movie. However, their focus on character over plot is the primary reason that the film is so profoundly satisfying. Who needs style when you have heart?

The Thanos Effect
image: https://cdn3-www.superherohype.com/assets/uploads/2018/12/avengers-endgame-thanos-scarecrow.png

Screenwriters Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely successfully paid off many of the elements that have been set up before. Regardless, Endgame‘s script feels both overwritten and underwritten at various points. It was as if the writing duo had painted the characters into a corner that they couldn’t quite get out of. This also creates problems with the story’s internal logic. Moreover, the second act feels a bit convoluted, as crucial plot points were rushed through in a seemingly incongruous manner.

However, Avengers: Endgame is even more ambitious than its predecessor. Whereas Infinity War was largely Thanos-centric, the follow-up smartly thrusts the heroes back into the spotlight. Still, the often-rushed story is one of the weaker aspects of Avengers: Endgame. The first act feels a bit too hurried with one too many contrivances to actually get the plot moving. These are issues that deserve to be discussed further with more context, even if the third act is definitely worth the sometimes-dodgy buildup. Markus and McFeely largely succeeded at everything they set out to accomplish. Make no mistake, this a triumph for them. And that’s more important than a few nitpicks along the way.

The Unsung Heroine
image:

The incredible ensemble of actors enhance this film to the nth degree. The interactions between the various cast members easily provide some of the best moments in Avengers: Endgame. In fact, they’re the saving grace for a movie that – by all intents and purposes – should have never worked in the first place. The secret of Marvel’s success boils down to their stellar casting and consistent character development. Endgame re-confirms that just about every single player in the MCU was the right person for the job. And almost everyone in this film gets their chance to shine.

Casting director Sarah Halley Finn is one of the unsung heroines of Avengers: Endgame. Finn’s presence has been extremely fortuitous for the MCU. She is largely responsible for procuring nearly every member of Endgame’s unreasonably large cast. Those choices really paid off here. Everything from the small character beats to the massive, universe-altering changes that occur were beautifully portrayed by the performers. Without this particular set of actors and actresses, it’s hard to picture any of this resonating at all. So take a bow, Sarah Halley Finn!

Fan Service Like No Other
image: https://cdn1-www.superherohype.com/assets/uploads/2019/04/avengers-endgame-clip-e1554731238631.jpg

Recently, Marvel’s movies have been criticized for leaning away from practical effects. Avengers: Endgame also seem to rely on an excessive amount of green screen effects. This was a necessary evil to accomplish some of the things in the film. However, the sheer the amount of effects has become more noticeable than ever. Some of the VFX are even quite stunning. But there are also several scenes where the filmmakers were clearly overwhelmed.

Regardless, many of these moments are simply so fun that it’s hard not to be swept away when they occur. Fan service normally detracts from a story, but it’s one hundred percent acceptable in Avengers: Endgame. In fact, it’s fan service in the best kind of way, because these moments feel like necessary parts of the larger story. They are also just really cool to see. On this front, Endgame will probably stand as a superhero opus for the ages.

This Is the Endgame
image: https://cdn2-www.superherohype.com/assets/uploads/2019/04/avengers-endgame-white-costumes.jpg

Even though both films are unique entities, Avengers: Infinity War and Endgame are inextricably linked to one another. That makes it hard to judge them as individual films. Neither movie can exist without the other. Nor is Avengers: Endgame a perfect movie by any means. However, the film is undeniably a meaningful conclusion for this era of the MCU. Endgame also tells a more complete story than its predecessor, which makes it even more rewarding.

Ultimately, Infinity War and Endgame are a testament to the storytelling prowess of Marvel Studios under Kevin Feige’s leadership. As a clear frontrunner for the big budget effects extravaganza of the decade, Avengers: Endgame delivers on just about every front. It’s fun, it’s action-packed and most importantly, it packs the emotional wallop that it deserves to have after over ten years of universe building.

RATING: 4.5/5

Read more at https://www.superherohype.com/movies/445691-avengers-endgame-spoiler-free-review#RPHtml094RGDXf40.99
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: