Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 01:10:19 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Scientists to drill beneath oceans
http://atlantisonline.smfforfree2.com/index.php/topic,8063.0.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Woman's shock after capturing photo of ghost dog which haunts Roundhay Park

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Woman's shock after capturing photo of ghost dog which haunts Roundhay Park  (Read 203 times)
Kendall Conway
Superhero Member

« on: April 14, 2019, 07:26:06 pm »

Woman's shock after capturing photo of ghost dog which haunts Roundhay Park
Stephanie Smith captured what she thinks is a demonic ghost dog at the folly at Roundhay Park. Picture: SWNS/Ross Parry
Stephanie Smith captured what she thinks is a demonic ghost dog at the folly at Roundhay Park. Picture: SWNS/Ross Parry
Susie Beever
Email
Published: 11:57 Monday 08 April 2019
Share this article

Have your say
A mythical 'ghost' dog alleged to haunt Leeds' biggest park has been captured on camera.

Stephanie Smith was taking a picture of Roundhay's Park's Victorian folly near to Waterloo Lake on a recent visit with her parents and daughter Dani Louise, 11.

But looking back at the picture, Stephanie noticed a strange shadowy figure in the corner.

After zooming in and lightening the image, the Leeds mum got shivers down her spine, spotting what looks like a 'demonic' dog lurking in the shadows looking at a man walking up the steps towards the folly.

Freaked out, Stephanie, 33, did some and is now convinced the huge black dog is a 'gytrash' - an apparition said to haunt parks in Yorkshire.

The large black 'demonic' creature has been described by some as being the size of a pony and is said to be a foreboding omen scaring unsuspecting walkers.

Stephanie, who works as a cleaner, said: "I froze when I realised the shadow was some sort of animal. It took me a moment to figure out what it was but once I could see the head, ears, tail, and legs, there was no mistaking it was a demon dog.

“It’s monstrous, almost like a werewolf, and the worst part is that it’s in a position like it’s going to pounce out which terrifies me. It’s like it was hiding away from the light - like I’d caught it off guard.

"It spooked me out because I’ve never seen anything quite like that."

-> These are the best Easter egg hunts in Leeds to take your children to

Roundhay Park's folly was built in 1811 by local builder George Nettleton, and been subject in the past of eerie photos taken appearing to show spirits.

In 2015, a family snapped a picture showing the outline of a woman on the monument's steps.

"The only person I saw other than my lot was the grasscutter", Stephanie added. "I swear even the dog walkers were miles away from where we were.
View from the top of the limestone headland ridge The Great Orme, to Llandudno historic seaside resort and waterfront in North Wales.'VisitBritain/ Lee Beel;
Staycations are on the rise since Brexit vote

The weather in Leeds today is set to be brighter and warmer than of late, reaching temperatures as hot as those in Madrid.
Leeds set to be as hot as Madrid today as temperatures rise

"My dad said it was an Alsatian, but it could be a ghostly dog. They do say you’re able to get a glimpse of it as it passes and goes away. I still believe it is what I think - that it’s a gytrash, a black wolf demonic dog stalking the castle and the grounds of Roundhay Park.

Stephanie has believed in paranormal activity since she was little, and claims she was visited in bed by her dead grandmother Mabel when she was 17.

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/news/woman-s-shock-after-capturing-photo-of-ghost-dog-which-haunts-roundhay-park-1-9698315
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Kendall Conway
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2019, 07:27:29 pm »

Report Spam   Logged
Kendall Conway
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2019, 07:28:22 pm »

Report Spam   Logged
Kendall Conway
Superhero Member