Atlantis Online
March 29, 2024, 03:29:27 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Scientists Confirm Historic Massive Flood in Climate Change
http://www.giss.nasa.gov/research/news/20060228/

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Mark Hamill Expresses Concern About Star Wars Fatigue

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mark Hamill Expresses Concern About Star Wars Fatigue  (Read 146 times)
Knight of the Grail

« on: April 10, 2019, 02:26:20 pm »

ROBERT WORKMANWEDNESDAY, APRIL 10, 2019
image:

Star Wars fans had mixed feelings when Disney purchased the mega franchise back in 2012. It’s generated some big business, including The Force Awakens, which brought in $1.9 billion back in 2015. However, the lackluster performance of Solo: A Star Wars Story even gave Disney cause for concern. Now one of the series’ original stars, Mark Hamill, has re-addressed the issue.

In the past, Hamill has suggested that Disney and Lucasfilm “pace themselves” regarding new films. But Hamill had more to say on The Hollywood Reporter’s Awards Chatter podcast.

“I’m not gonna tell them how to run their business,” said Hamill. “But is there a possibility of a Star Wars fatigue? Yeah, I think there is. I’ve experienced it to a certain degree but they never listened to my ideas anyway, so who needs ‘em?”

Disney originally had a number of Star Wars Story films in development, including movies for Obi-Wan Kenobi and Boba Fett. However, Solo’s lower-than-expected box office haul of $392 million put those plans on hold. There’s no word on when or if those projects will still go forward

Related: J.J. Abrams Says He Almost Turned Down Star Wars: Episode IX
At this weekend’s Star Wars Celebraption, Disney and Lucasfilm will provide a first look at J.J. Abrams’ Star Wars: Episode IX. There will also likely be news about  The Clone Wars season 7 as well as Jon Favreau’s The Mandalorian. A new series featuring Rogue One’s Cassian Andor, played by Diego Luna, is also in the works.

Additionally, director Rian Johnson currently has a new trilogy in the works, and so do the co-creators of HBO’s Game of Thrones. But beyond that, the future of the franchise is unclear. Perhaps Disney should heed Hamill’s advice and give it a much more leisurely pace.

Do you agree with Mark Hamill about Star Wars fatigue? Let us know in the comment section below!

Read more at https://www.superherohype.com/movies/443291-mark-hamill-expresses-concern-about-star-wars-fatigue#LTstW2TmMF2lcC6l.99
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: