Atlantis Online
March 30, 2024, 02:08:08 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Ice Age blast 'ravaged America'
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/6676461.stm

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Sasquatch symposium is coming to East Tennessee this summer

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sasquatch symposium is coming to East Tennessee this summer  (Read 86 times)
DIVIDED WE STAND, UNITED WE FALL
Superhero Member

« on: February 25, 2019, 08:40:23 pm »

Bigfoot buffs rejoice! A Sasquatch symposium is coming to East Tennessee this summer
Ryan Wilusz, Knoxville News Sentinel Published 1:53 p.m. ET Feb. 22, 2019

Have you seen Bigfoot? I heard he hangs out on Pine Ridge Road out in Mocksville, North Carolina. Just kidding. And the local animal shelter would love for you to stop calling animal control! Buzz60
CONNECT11TWEET11LinkedIn11COMMENT11EMAIL11MORE11

Most people won’t be caught messing with Sasquatch unless they are chewing Jack Links jerky or their name is Cliff Barackman.

But Bigfoot buffs can marvel over the mysterious mountain monster July 27 during the inaugural Smoky Mountain Bigfoot Conference in Gatlinburg, which will feature stories told by Barackman, co-host of Animal Planet’s “Finding Bigfoot.”

The conference will be held at the Gatlinburg Convention Center from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and will feature other experienced researchers and investigators. General admission tickets are $25, and attendees will be able to ask questions of each speaker.

Among those looking to attend is U.S. Rep. Tim Burchett, R-Tenn., although his obligations could keep that from happening. The former Knox County mayor is big on conspiracy theories and even declared Nov. 16, 2012, “Knox County Bigfoot Day."

The proclamation coincided with a local Bigfoot event featuring the mayor and cast of “Finding Bigfoot.”

“I’ve always been fascinated about the unknown,” he said. “When we stop dreaming, man, we stop living. I mean, my life is a dream. I swing for the fence every day, and I’m a freaking U.S. congressman. So, I’m blessed.”
Bigfoot buffs won't want to miss the inaugural Smoky Mountain Bigfoot Conference in Gatlinburg this summer.

Bigfoot buffs won't want to miss the inaugural Smoky Mountain Bigfoot Conference in Gatlinburg this summer. (Photo11: Roger Patterson)
Tickets are going fast

If Burchett wants to attend, he better get his ticket quick. VIP and reserved seating already has sold out, and general admission tickets are going fast, said Nikki Beaty, owner of Gather Up Events.

This will be the first conference for Gather Up, which hosts a variety of special-interest events.

"We are absolutely thrilled with the response for just being less than a week into the announcement," Beaty said. "I think we'll end up selling out in the next couple weeks.”

The event will be capped at around 800 tickets to allow some space in the venue for vendors to set up booths.

“We’re looking for other vendors who just have Bigfoot products," Beaty said. "You'd be surprised. There's quite a few out there.”

Boxed lunches will be available, or people can explore downtown Gatlinburg and grab a bite during a scheduled break.

Plans are in the works for a VIP dinner experience with Cliff and a possible hike in the Smokies. The hike would be limited to select ticketholders.

"When you do a hike out for Bigfoot, it's more about showing them what to look for when it comes to tree structures, Bigfoot prints and certain smells and lots of stuff that they look for that they kind of teach them as they go on the hike," Beaty said.

Needless to say, Beaty is a Bigfoot believer. While she does not participate in any Bigfoot groups, she follows the creature closely on reality TV.

“I don’t know I have a message for (non-believers)," she said. "We’re just trying to create the interest and bring awareness. There’s a lot of stigma and stuff behind it.”
Republican U.S. Rep. Tim Burchett is perhaps East Tennessee's most prominent cryptid enthusiast.Buy Photo

Republican U.S. Rep. Tim Burchett is perhaps East Tennessee's most prominent cryptid enthusiast. (Photo11: Brianna Paciorka/News Sentinel )

That stigma never phased Burchett.

"I love that young people will go pick up a book and read about something, whether it’s Bigfoot or the Loch Ness Monster or anything," he said. "That’s what turned me on to science. ... I’d read about UFOs and the Loch Ness Monster.

"I had a file at my house of old newspaper clippings. When something like a Loch Ness Monster or something like that would be spotted I’d cut them out. I’ve still got it somewhere."

Maybe he will cut out this clip, too.
Want to go?

Other speakers include John Bruener of Bigfoot 911, Matt Seeber of East Tennessee Bigfoot, North America Bigfoot Search author Scott Carpenter and North American Wood Ape Conservancy field researcher Matt Pruitt.

Tickets and more information are available at gatherupevents.com.

According to the website, no tickets will be available at the door.

► Be the first to know if someone finds Bigfoot:  Sign up for breaking news alerts on the Knox News app

https://www.knoxnews.com/story/entertainment/2019/02/22/smoky-mountains-bigfoot-conference-2019-gatlinburg/2949979002/
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: