Atlantis Online
April 18, 2024, 09:28:03 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: USA showered by a watery comet ~11,000 years ago, ending the Golden Age of man in America
http://dsc.discovery.com/news/briefs/20050926/mammoth_02.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Captain Marvel Reactions Hit the Web Higher, Further, Faster!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Captain Marvel Reactions Hit the Web Higher, Further, Faster!  (Read 105 times)
Behold, I am Death, Destroyer of Worlds
Superhero Member

« on: February 20, 2019, 02:40:09 pm »

Captain Marvel Reactions Hit the Web Higher, Further, Faster!
MAX EVRYWEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 20, 2019
image:

IMAGE:
WATCH GALLERY
IMAGE:

Captain Marvel reactions hit the web higher, further, faster!
With only two-and-a-half weeks left until the highly-anticipated March 8 premiere of Marvel Studios’ Captain Marvel, the first reactions from critics screenings have hit the web, including from our own Sabina Graves! Check out the Captain Marvel reactions from social media below!

Captain Marvel follows Carol Danvers (Brie Larson, Room) as she becomes one of the universe’s most powerful heroes when Earth is caught in the middle of a galactic war between two alien races. Set in the 1990s, the film is an all-new adventure from a previously unseen period in the history of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

RELATED: Captain Marvel Special Look Offers New Footage

Brie Larson is joined in the film by Samuel L. Jackson, Ben Mendelsohn, Lashana Lynch, Gemma Chan, Algenis Perez Soto, Rune Temte, McKenna Grace, with Annette Bening, and Jude Law. Reprising their roles from Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy are Djimon Hounsou and Lee Pace, and returning once again to a Marvel Studios film will be Gregg as Agent Phil Coulson.

Marvel Studios’ Captain Marvel is directed by the writing/directing team of Anna Boden and Ryan Fleck, whose credits include Mississippi Grind and Half Nelson. An all-star collective of accomplished writers penned the screenplay, including Meg LeFauve (Inside Out), Nicole Perlman (Guardians of the Galaxy), Geneva Robertson-Dworet (Tomb Raider), Liz Flahive & Carly Mensch (Glow) and Anna Boden & Ryan Fleck.

RELATED: The Captain Marvel Trailer is Here!

Kevin Feige is the producer of Marvel Studios’ Captain Marvel. Louis D’Esposito, Victoria Alonso, Jonathan Schwartz, Patty Whitcher and Stan Lee are executive producers, with Lars Winther serving as co-producer/first assistant director and David Grant serving as co-producer.

Facts: @brielarson is an unstoppable force as #CaptainMarvel. A supreme embodiment of the late 80’s to 90’s heroines that we looked up to, fully formed with agency and whose main relationship is with her best friend. So many girls are gonna see themselves, their struggle & fight!

— Sabina Graves (@SabinaHasNoR) February 20, 2019

Make mine #CAPTAINMARVEL

Hella empowering & filled with my 90’s Cali childhood! I saw the metro station near where I grew up by the old Marvel Studios, the Naval base my dad worked at when he immigrated here, & a friendship that made me miss my best friend.#HigherFurtherFaster

— Sabina Graves (@SabinaHasNoR) February 20, 2019

#CaptainMarvel: Well, Thanos is ****.

— Angie J. Han (@ajhan) February 20, 2019

My kingdom for a Nick Fury & Goose buddy comedy #CaptainMarvel

— Angie J. Han (@ajhan) February 20, 2019

Really loved #CaptainMarvel. It’s a little wobbly at times but only because it’s so ambitious. It’s beautifully constructed, hilarious and offers tons of surprises. @brielarson obviously rules but Ben Mendelsohn is the surprise MVP. pic.twitter.com/yQLQGl2Yt0

— Drew Taylor (@DrewTailored) February 20, 2019

#CaptainMarvel is pure joy. I cannot wait for the generation of little girls who will grow up with Carol Danvers as a hero.

— Devan Coggan (@devancoggan) February 20, 2019

#CaptainMarvel is (takes deep 90s breath) TOTALLY AWESOME. Never related to a Marvel character quite like Carol. She’s the stubborn witty 90s kid I like to think I am. pic.twitter.com/H6Q9s90KHA

— Ash Crossan (@AshCrossan) February 20, 2019

CAPTAIN MARVEL isn’t what I expected based on marketing. It’s pretty much an “all in” cosmic space movie. Also, it’s a lot weirder than I expected. Ben Mendelsohn is awesome as Talos.

— Mike Ryan (@mikeryan) February 20, 2019

And not wacky weird like the GOTG movies. Think more “Rey snapping into endless mirrors” from The Last Jedi type scenes. Also, finally, the MCU and a Nirvana song come together (as Kurt Cobain wanted)

I can’t get over how great Ben Mendelsohn is. I was worried he was just going to be one of those Marvel villains with alien makeup, but that’s not the case at all. This movie doesn’t work without him.

#CaptainMarvel was a lot of fun! Just enough ‘90s nostalgia without overdoing it. Brie Larson is great. Ditto Sam Jackson & Ben Mendelsohn. Goose the cat is purr-fect. Some nice surprises and clever decisions throughout. Cool sci-fi elements. And funny! Thumbs up! pic.twitter.com/PzzxXir8pZ

— Jim Vejvoda (@JimVejvoda) February 20, 2019

Captain Marvel is everything that I hoped it would be. It feels completely unlike any other Marvel film. A unique and fresh take on an origin story that feels new. Brie Larson is fantastic as Carol Danvers. This is one of my favorite Marvel movies of all time. #CaptainMarvel pic.twitter.com/0ou7HU93MY

— Scott Menzel (@TheOtherScottM) February 20, 2019

The future of the MCU gets even brighter adding #CaptainMarvel to the mix. Really fell for @brielarson’s sass, strength & energy in the role. Same with @LashanaLynch too! Ben Mendelsohn is A+ casting as Talos. And yes, Goose is a scene stealer. 2nd viewing can’t come soon enough.

— Perri Nemiroff (@PNemiroff) February 20, 2019

Some initial #CaptainMarvel reactions:

1. Cat people will love this movie.

2. Several truly magnificent music moments for this 90s kid.

3. Carol’s hero moment was very cathartic/true to the female experience, imho.

4. The MCU feels more complete now that Carol is in it.

— Kayti Burt (@kaytiburt) February 20, 2019

#CaptainMarvel is a welcome addition to the #MCU. The movie is really well done with some great moments. #benmendelsohn steals almost every scene he’s in. @brielarson literally shines in the role. So ready for #AvengersEndGame pic.twitter.com/GET0socRjl

— Steven Weintraub (@colliderfrosty) February 20, 2019

Realized something half way through #CaptainMarvel…the de-aging technology being used has become so seamless that I forgot it was being used. We are on the precipice of something both exciting and scary. Can only imagine what Scorsese will do with it in ‘The Irishman’. pic.twitter.com/JvYbobhoXp

— Steven Weintraub (@colliderfrosty) February 20, 2019

Captain Marvel is a blast! Has some cool surprises that I definitely didn’t see coming, and the mystery/origin it weaves is engaging and fun. Brie Larson is awesome, and makes a fantastic first step into the MCU #CaptainMarvel pic.twitter.com/oqrRtgDQrp

— Eric Eisenberg (@eeisenberg) February 20, 2019

#CaptainMarvel has a great ‘90s sci-fi vibe w/ a tone unlike any other Marvel movie, really. It’s retro & trippy, mysterious & dorky. It’s funny in surprising places & badass in all the right places. It remains entertaining because it’s always changing. It’s got the right stuff pic.twitter.com/o7AvqYY63x

— Erik Davis (@ErikDavis) February 20, 2019

Fans of #CaptainMarvel comics are going to love the movie. Plain and simple.

— Brandon Davis (@BrandonDavisBD) February 20, 2019

I’m really hoping Skrulls will be the Infinity Stones of the MCU going forward. Ben Mendelsohn is awesome and so is the whole shapeshifting concept. #CaptainMarvel

There was a part in #CaptainMarvel where I looked at @AnnaJKlassen and said, “Thanos just **** his pants.”

#CaptainMarvel is a great origin story. Brie’s buddy cop chemistry with @SamuelLJackson is so much fun and her relationship with Lashana Lynch is the real heart of it. Ben Mendelsohn and the cat both steal the show.

— Peter Sciretta (@slashfilm) February 20, 2019

Captain Marvel: a genuine movie with character arcs, themes, gravity, and frames that pop. The ensemble chemistry and low-key asides reminded me of the first Captain America (my fav). Carol goes off, which is extremely fulfilling.

— Matt Patches (@misterpatches) February 20, 2019

I **** LOVED #CAPTAINMARVEL

Its very different than most of the MCU films and so very 90s. It’s funny and fun and super empowering. It made me feel proud to be a woman.

Also, as a 90s teen, the soundtrack….oh, the soundtrack

— Yolanda Machado (@SassyMamainLA) February 20, 2019

YASSSS wow, do dudes feel this good after action movies all the time?! #CaptainMarvel #reaction pic.twitter.com/yhWWDaPc8H

— Markeia McCarty (@markeiamccarty) February 20, 2019

There are TWO end credits scenes on #CaptainMarvel and you’ll want to stick around for both. Without saying too much, it’s the pilot and final episode of the television series Friends. Prepare to leave the theater somehow even MORE hyped for AVENGERS: ENDGAME

— Ben Mekler (@benmekler) February 20, 2019

#captainmarvel had space battles, car chases, an amazing 90s soundtrack and an ADORABLE ! A surprisingly fun script, laughed so much!!! Great to finally see this kick-butt heroine in action pic.twitter.com/Res8K8wMA7

— Jacki Jing (@JackiJing) February 20, 2019

There’s an earnestness to #CaptainMarvel that feels different than other MCU films. I got chills watching Carol Danvers get back up over & over & over again.

— Anna Klassen (@AnnaJKlassen) February 20, 2019

#CaptainMarvel opens with a very touching Stan Lee tribute that Marvel fans will love. pic.twitter.com/yXDScRwiwW

— Anna Klassen (@AnnaJKlassen) February 20, 2019

I saw #CaptainMarvel tonight and I am pitching a spin-off series (They are going to sell so much Goose merch…To me.) pic.twitter.com/4zzh3NOHMS

— Roth Cornet (@RothCornet) February 20, 2019

#CaptainMarvel was my ultimate 90s nerd girl fever dream + a cat. Ben Mendelssohn gives Samuel L Jackson a run for his scene-stealer. But it’s ultimately cool AF to see @brielarson harness the power of being “just a girl” pic.twitter.com/bFHUwa3Gb8

— Angelique Jackson (@angelique814) February 20, 2019

Just out of #CaptainMarvel. So many fun surprises I didn’t expect + new (and old?) characters to love.

— Kara Warner (@karawarner) February 20, 2019

@captainmarvel has a lot of heart is is super relevant to the times now. I loved all of the characters in this but Goose the cat might be my favorite MCU character. I’m excited to see @brielarson the the future of the MCU. #CaptainMarvel #marvel #marvelstudios pic.twitter.com/WdhL3WixbO

— Joseph Deckelmeier (@ThatHashtagJoe) February 20, 2019

Read more at https://www.superherohype.com/movies/436351-captain-marvel-reactions-hit-the-web-higher-further-faster#PxMVoOfe0jR3kYcR.99
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: