Atlantis Online
March 29, 2024, 12:26:43 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Scientists to drill beneath oceans
http://atlantisonline.smfforfree2.com/index.php/topic,8063.0.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

The Punisher & Jessica Jones Canceled at Netflix

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Punisher & Jessica Jones Canceled at Netflix  (Read 209 times)
I Am a Fugitive from the Chain Gang
Superhero Member

« on: February 18, 2019, 01:15:57 pm »

The Punisher & Jessica Jones Canceled at Netflix
KYLIE HEMMERTMONDAY, FEBRUARY 18, 2019
image:
The Punisher & Jessica Jones canceled at Netflix
Deadline is reporting that Marvel’s The Punisher and Jessica Jones have been canceled at Netflix, following in the footsteps of Iron Fist, Luke Cage, and Daredevil. The third season of Jessica Jones will still stream, serving as the show’s final season.

“Marvel’s The Punisher will not return for a third season on Netflix,” Netflix told the outlet. “Showrunner Steve Lightfoot, the terrific crew, and exceptional cast including star Jon Bernthal delivered an acclaimed and compelling series for fans, and we are proud to showcase their work on Netflix for years to come.”

RELATED: The Punisher Season 2 Episode 13 Recap

“In addition, in reviewing our Marvel programming, we have decided that the upcoming third season will also be the final season for Marvel’s Jessica Jones. We are grateful to showrunner Melissa Rosenberg, star Krysten Ritter, and the entire cast and crew, for three incredible seasons of this groundbreaking series, which was recognized by the Peabody Awards among many others,” the streamer added. “We are grateful to Marvel for five years of our fruitful partnership and thank the passionate fans who have followed these series from the beginning.”

Jon Bernthal, star of The Punisher and gearing up for the upcoming The Sopranos prequel The Many Saints of Newark, shared a goodbye message with fans via his Instagram:

View this post on Instagram

To all who have served. All who know loss. All who love and understand Frank and his pain. It has been an honor to walk in his boots. I’m endlessly grateful to the comic fans and the men and women of the Armed Services and law enforcement community who Frank means so much to. Thank you to the USMC and all the wonderful soldiers who trained me. Go Hard. Be safe.

A post shared by Jon Bernthal (@jonnybernthal) on Feb 18, 2019 at 7:49am PST

The announcement marks the end of Marvel’s multi-series on Netflix that initially started in 2013 when the collaboration announced the four series, as well as The Defenders limited series. The outlet notes that the end of Jessica Jones’ third and final season will “serve as a savory series finale.”

RELATED: Jessica Jones Creator Departing for Warner Bros. Television

In Season 2 of The Punisher, Former Marine-turned-vigilante Frank Castle (Jon Bernthal) has been living a quiet life on the road until he suddenly becomes embroiled in the attempted murder of a young girl (Giorgia Whigham). As he is drawn into the mystery surrounding her and those in pursuit of the information she holds, Castle attracts a new target on his back as new and old enemies force him to confront whether he should accept his destiny and embrace a life as The Punisher.

The first two seasons of The Punisher and Jessica Jones are currently streaming on Netflix.

Read more at https://www.superherohype.com/news/436137-the-punisher-jessica-jones-canceled-at-netflix#sP8z1AdyD6kQZcou.99
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Hunter of the Dead, Corrupter of the Tomb, the Deadthings
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2019, 01:12:43 pm »

Jessica Jones and The Punisher Stars React to the Cancellations
JAKE ABBATEMONDAY, FEBRUARY 18, 2019
image:

Jessica Jones and The Punisher Stars React to the Cancellations
Netflix started the week with the unsurprising, but nonetheless dispiriting, announcement that Jessica Jones and The Punisher have been canceled. This decision ends the streaming service’s partnership with Marvel that began with the launch of Daredevil in 2015. The Punisher’s leading man, Jon Bernthal, was among the first to respond to the news in an Instagram post. But now, several other cast members from Marvel’s Netflix TV shows have taken to social media to share their reactions to this latest development. You can check out what they had to say below.

Taken a few weeks back at the table read for our SERIES FINALE. I love these people to the moon and back. It has been a dream to play Jessica alongside my amazing cast and the best crew in the business for these past 5 years. I am so grateful for every second of it. We have THE BEST fans. You guys mean the world to me and I appreciate you beyond words. The final season of #JessicaJones is coming later this year and I am proud of how we complete JJ’s journey. I can’t wait for you all to see it. Stay tuned and more to come. (Also my creator/ showrunner/ partner/ bff @melissa.rosenberg is totally wearing a #krystenknitter original
image: https://s.w.org/images/core/emoji/11/svg/263a.svg

☺️
image: https://s.w.org/images/core/emoji/11/svg/263a.svg

☺️) @rachaelmaytaylor @ekadarville @carrieannemoss @netflix @marvelsjessicajones @marvel

A post shared by Krysten Ritter (@therealkrystenritter) on Feb 18, 2019 at 12:28pm PST

What a journey with have had. #marvel and #thepunisher fans have been amazing and shown such support for our show. Wish she could live on but will be saying ciao to Dinah for now and having a toast to the friends made and experiences shared in 2 years of this journey x

A post shared by Amber Rose Revah (@amberroserevah) on Feb 18, 2019 at 10:04am PST

RELATED: The Punisher & Jessica Jones Canceled at Netflix

The Last 5 years of my life have been lived through a Purple lens I’m so grateful to all the amazing and wildly talented cast and crew that helped create such a rich and amazing story. @therealkrystenritter @carrieannemoss @rachaelmaytaylor Melissa Rosenberg, Manuel Billeter, Jeph Loeb, Tim Iacofano, Hilly Hicks, Scott Renolds, Karim Zreik, @lizvastola, The Wexler and Sean Callery just to name a few! Don’t sleep on this final season people. As always, JJ is the last (wo)man standing #fightlikeagirl #itsbeenreal

A post shared by E K A D A R V I L L E (@ekadarville) on Feb 18, 2019 at 12:05pm PST

Thank you to every single person involved in this very very special show I can’t put into words how grateful I am. Amy girl I love you and it was such a joy to play you- till next time

A post shared by Giorgia Whigham (@giorgia_whigham) on Feb 18, 2019 at 8:55am PST

RELATED: The Punisher Season 2 Episode 13 Recap
Additionally, Marvel Television’s Jeph Loeb, penned an open letter to fans on Marvel.com.

“We loved each and every minute of it,” wrote Loeb. “And we did it all for you — the fans — who cheered for us around the world and made all the hard work worth it. So, Thank You! On behalf of everyone at Marvel Television, we couldn’t be more proud or more grateful to our audience.”

As with the previous cancellations of Iron Fist, Luke Cage, and Daredevil, Loeb hinted that the series’ characters could eventually reappear in future Marvel projects.

“Our Network partner may have decided they no longer want to continue telling the tales of these great characters… but you know Marvel better than that,” continued Loeb. “As Matthew Murdock’s Dad once said, ‘The measure of a man is not how he gets knocked to the mat, it’s how he gets back up.’ To be continued…!”

You can share your thoughts on the actors’ remarks in the comment section below!

Read more at https://www.superherohype.com/tv/436153-jessica-jones-and-the-punisher-stars-react-to-cancellations#Y2ddrCUs2tjp0eK3.99
Report Spam   Logged

One cannot look for too long into the abyss before the abyss stares back at you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: