Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 05:21:00 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Has the Location of the Center City of Atlantis Been Identified?
http://www.mysterious-america.net/hasatlantisbeenf.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Yowie gave me nightmares, Qld truckie says

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Yowie gave me nightmares, Qld truckie says  (Read 63 times)
Dread of the Living, Beyond the Door, Night of the Doomed

« on: January 28, 2019, 02:11:16 am »

Yowie gave me nightmares, Qld truckie says

Tracey Ferrier

Truck driver Gary's sketch of the 'yowie' he claims to have spotted inland from the Gold Coast.
Truck driver Gary's sketch of the 'yowie' he claims to have spotted inland from the Gold Coast.

A delivery driver who says a hulking yowie thumbed the bonnet of his truck has been plagued by nightmares and says spotting the creature was the worst experience of his life.

The 53-year-old has told of a terrifying encounter with Australia's version of Bigfoot while driving in a bushy part of the Gold Coast hinterland in November last year.

The truckie, who wants to be identified only as Gary, has described how he was forced to slam on his brakes when the creature emerged from the bush, in broad daylight, at Witheren.

He says he eye-balled the three-metre tall yowie before it thumped the bonnet of his truck, and then melted into the forest.

"It was the worst thing that has ever happened to me," he has told The Gold Coast Bulletin.

"I tried to push it in the back of my head, and think that was freaky, it just can't be real. I just couldn't get it out of my mind, I was having trouble sleeping at night.

He said that prior to his encounter, he'd never believed in such things, and was fearful of people's reactions to his story, including what his wife would make of it.

But in the end she believed him.

In an unfortunate coincidence, the dash cam on Gary's truck was being serviced on the day of the sighting, and he didn't manage to reach for a camera.

"The whole thing lasted for five seconds, and you are staring this monster in the face watching it to make sure it isn't going to step around at you you are scared for your life, not grabbing for a camera."

Gary has only driven Beechmont Road once since his encounter, and says he doesn't believe he'll ever spot his hairy friend again.

"I figure it is a one in an million thing ... lightning doesn't strike twice. On the other hand I would like to see it with a camera just to prove it," he said.

Gary told his story to Australia's yowie hunter, Dean Harrison, who has been logging yowie sightings across the nation for about 20 years.

Mr Harrison believes yowies are out there, with most sightings following the line of the Great Dividing Range.

"People should be vigilant and aware these things do exist," he told AAP on Thursday.

Australian Associated Press

https://www.mandurahmail.com.au/story/5869561/yowie-gave-me-nightmares-qld-truckie-says/
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: