Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 05:33:32 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Remains of ancient civilisation discovered on the bottom of a lake
http://en.rian.ru/analysis/20071227/94372640.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

New 22-foot tall alien getting attention on Roswell's Main Street

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New 22-foot tall alien getting attention on Roswell's Main Street  (Read 1393 times)
Paranomali

« on: December 02, 2018, 01:22:18 pm »

By:

Elena Mendoza

Updated: Nov 29, 2018 06:19 PM MST

Video
New_22_foot_tall_alien_getting_attention_8_20181130010314

ROSWELL, N.M. (KRQE) - Roswell is known as the 'Alien City' because of the alleged UFO crash in 1947, so people there are used to seeing aliens everywhere in town. Nevertheless, a new gigantic alien that suddenly showed up on Main Street is definitely getting people's attention.

"When I drove by I went, 'oh that's so freaking cool,’” said Kerry Moore.

Roswell residents got a surprise Tuesday morning when a 22-foot tall alien was installed.

"It's like, really tall and like, really funny...it's really green,” said 7-year-old Layla Davia.

"I thought it was brilliant. Brings home that this is where...this is where the alien's universe is, right here,” said Nelson Bertram.

It sits outside the new Dunkin’ Donuts and Baskin Robbins. The 2,000 pound styrofoam alien is holding the sign above his head.

"This is perfect. I mean, this is the brand for this city,” said Mayor Dennis Kintigh.

"We wanted to create a landmark, something that will stay here forever,” said Murad Fazal, a managing partner for Dunkin' Donuts.

The owners say the sign was custom made in South Dakota, and they had to shell out more than $35,000 for the alien itself.

It took about a year of planning, and eight weeks to make.

"We're just so excited to be doing this. This is one of a kind for Dunkin’ Donuts....Dunkin’ Donuts, Baskin Robbins around the world has never done anything like it,” said Fazal.

It sits next to another one-of-a-kind landmark in Roswell: the UFO McDonald's, and it's right down the road from the International UFO Museum.

"Stop here, stop there, go back and forth,” said Kintigh.

Residents who KRQE News 13 spoke to just love it.

"He's a little bit different which I think is great, and I love that his big muscles are holding up the sign,” said Christie Mann.

"This is what brings in money, tourism, so I think it's awesome,” said Melanie Graham.

"Go big or go home. You either gotta to do it right or don't do it at all, and I think they did it right,” said Moore.

The soft opening for the store will be at the end of December.

The franchises say they will be holding a contest to name the alien.

https://www.krqe.com/news/new-mexico/new-22-foot-tall-alien-getting-attention-on-roswell-s-main-street/1628119699
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: