Atlantis Online
March 29, 2024, 12:03:28 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Towering Ancient Tsunami Devastated the Mediterranean
http://www.livescience.com/environment/061130_ancient_tsunami.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Ruby Rose is The CW’s Batwoman!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ruby Rose is The CW’s Batwoman!  (Read 225 times)
I Am a Fugitive from the Chain Gang
Superhero Member

« on: August 07, 2018, 01:24:06 pm »

KYLIE HEMMERTAUG 07, 2018
image:
Ruby Rose is The CW's Batwoman!

The CW has found its Batwoman! Ruby Rose (Orange is the New Black, John Wick: Chapter 2, The Meg) has been cast as the Gotham superhero. Rose will first appear as Batwoman in the annual DC superhero crossover event as well as the Batwoman series that is currently in development from producer Greg Berlanti.

In the CW’s Batwoman, written by Caroline Dries based on the DC characters, armed with a passion for social justice and a flair for speaking her mind, Kate Kane (Rose) soars onto the streets of Gotham as Batwoman, an out lesbian and highly trained street fighter primed to snuff out the failing city’s criminal resurgence. But don’t call her hero yet. In a city desperate for a savior, Kate must overcome her own demons before embracing the call to be Gotham’s symbol of hope.

Rose, a genderfluid lesbian and activist for the LBGTQ community, wrote, produced, and starred in the short film Break Free. She received the Stephen F. Kolzak Award at the 2016 GLAAD Media Awards for her tribute to gender fluidity. Rose is known for her previous role as Stella in Netflix’s hit series Orange is the New Black, as well as kicking ass in action movies like xXx: Return of Xander Cage, John Wick: Chapter 2, and the upcoming The Meg.

The potential Batwoman series helms from Berlanti Productions in association with Warner Bros. Television. Dries will executive produce alongside Berlanti and Sarah Schechter. Former DC Entertainment president Geoff Johns is set to executive produce through his new Mad Ghost Productions banner.

Batwoman, aka Kate Kane, is one of several vigilantes who protect Gotham. The character was first introduced in Detective Comics in 1956 and was reimagined for DC Comics’ New 52 as a Jewish lesbian. Kane is a wealthy heiress who becomes inspired by Batman and chooses to also put her wealth and resources towards a campaign to fight crime as a masked vigilante in her home of Gotham City. Arrow and The Flash have both teased that Gotham City did exist in the Arrow-verse, such as when Amell’s Oliver Queen name-dropped Bruce Wayne during this season of Arrow.

The next CW crossover event is set to air in December 2018. If the Batwoman pilot is picked up, the series could air in 2019.

ThumbnailsFullscreenPrevious slide1 of 1Next slide
Batwoman
image:

Batwoman
image:
Batwoman

Batwoman
Batwoman
Batwoman
(Photo Credit: Getty Images

Read more at http://www.superherohype.com/news/420035-ruby-rose-is-the-cws-batwoman#k0AR97EQShz1mqMo.99
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Bringer of Rain, Thunder and Snow, an Undying Saga of Earth

« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2018, 10:20:41 am »

Ruby Rose Calls Batwoman Casting ‘A Childhood Dream’
CHRISTIAN LONGAUG 08, 2018
image:
Ruby Rose Calls Batwoman Casting 'A Childhood Dream'

Ruby Rose calls Batwoman casting ‘a childhood dream’
After The CW announced that Ruby Rose (Orange is the New Black) had been cast as Batwoman in the annual DC superhero crossover event, the actress took to Instagram to call the role “a childhood dream.”

“The Bat is out of the bag and I am beyond thrilled and honored,” Rose wrote on Instagram. “I’m also an emotional wreck.. because this is a childhood dream. This is something I would have died to have seen on TV when I was a young member of the LGBT community who never felt represented on tv and felt alone and different.
Thank you everyone. Thank you god.”

The Bat is out of the bag and I am beyond thrilled and honored. I’m also an emotional wreck.. because this is a childhood dream. This is something I would have died to have seen on TV when I was a young member of the LGBT community who never felt represented on tv and felt alone and different. Thank you everyone. Thank you god.

A post shared by Ruby Rose (@rubyrose) on Aug 7, 2018 at 10:53am PDT

Batwoman, aka Kate Kane, first appeared in Detective Comics in 1956. The character was reinvented as a Jewish lesbian for the DC Comics’ New 52 series, becoming one of DC’s first openly gay characters. Representation is clearly important to Rose, a genderfluid lesbian and activist for the LBGTQ community herself.

Both Arrow and The Flash have previously teased that Gotham City does exist within the Arrow-verse, and this news seals the deal. The CW’s next annual event is set to air in December 2018. If the Batwoman pilot is ordered to series, it will air sometime in 2019. Just don’t expect Batman to show up.

Read more at http://www.superherohype.com/news/420077-ruby-rose-calls-batwoman-casting-a-childhood-dream#D84vXtOoY9PqKvz1.99
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: