Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 07:33:23 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 'Europe's oldest city' found in Cadiz
http://mathaba.net/rss/?x=566660

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Pilot vanished during 1978 UFO encounter

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pilot vanished during 1978 UFO encounter  (Read 263 times)
Jennie McGrath
Superhero Member

« on: August 04, 2018, 10:45:21 pm »

Pilot vanished during 1978 UFO encounter
Posted on Monday, 30 July, 2018

Could the pilot have been intercepted by a UFO ? Image Credit: sxc.hu
Frederick Valentich disappeared without a trace after encountering a UFO on a flight to King Island, Tasmania.
The 20-year-old Australian, who had rented a single engine plane from Victoria's Moorabbin Airport on October 21st, 1978, had intended to fly to King Island in order to catch seafood.

Everything had been going fine until, at 7pm, he initiated communications with Melbourne Airflight Service Controller Steve Robey to ask if there were any other aircraft in the area.

He reported that he had observed an object zooming past his plane at considerable speed.

Robey replied to state that there was no sign of any other aircraft on radar.

"It is four bright, it seems to me, like landing lights. The aircraft has just passed over me at least a thousand feet above," Valentich insisted. "It seems to me that he's playing some sort of game."

"He's flying over me two, three times, at a time at speeds I could not identify."

The young pilot described the object as long and metallic with a green light on the top. At one point, he reported that it had disappeared from one side of him before reappearing on the other.

"It is hovering and it is not an aircraft," he said.

17 seconds later, the transmission ended and no trace of Valentich or his plane was ever found.

https://www.news.com.au/travel/travel-advice/travellers-stories/pilots-strange-act-before-ufo-sighting/news-story/87e4379674a21a4380b561eb89650945
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Paranomali

« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2018, 11:56:43 pm »

Pilot’s strange act before UFO sighting

A FLIGHT to an island off Tasmania ended with a terrifying radio call and a vanishing pilot. Forty years on, there’s still no explanation.
Ally Foster
news.com.auJuly 29, 20181:44pm

What your Pilot really does on a flight

“IT IS hovering and it is not an aircraft.”

These are the last words anyone ever heard Frederick Valentich say before his radio cut off and he, and the aircraft he was piloting, were never seen again.

On October 21, 1978, a 20-year-old Valentich rented a single engine plane out of Victoria’s Moorabbin Airport with plans of heading to Tasmania’s King Island to catch seafood.

But things took a terrifying turn when he noticed he was being followed by another aircraft.

READ: Eerie moment ‘UFO’ overtakes plane

It has been 40 years since the young Aussie pilot disappeared over the Bass Strait and in that time no one has come any closer to finding out what happened to him.
Frederick Valentich standing next to a plane similar to the one he disappeared in 40 years

Frederick Valentich standing next to a plane similar to the one he disappeared in 40 years ago.Source:Supplied

The only clue left behind was a radio conversation between him and Melbourne Airflight Service Controller, Steve Robey.

It was 7pm when Valentich radioed in to ask if there were any known aircraft in the area, just after something zoomed overhead.

Robey informed him that there was “no known traffic” in the area and inquired as to what type of plane it was.

“I cannot affirm. It is four bright, it seems to me, like landing lights. The aircraft has just passed over me at least a thousand feet above,” Valentich said.

As the transmission went on things got even more unnerving, with Valentich reporting that the mystery aircraft was “playing” with him.

“It seems to me that he’s playing some sort of game,” he said.

“He’s flying over me two, three times, at a time at speeds I could not identify.”
Valentich told controllers he could not identify the object.

Valentich told controllers he could not identify the object.Source:Supplied

The conversation continues with the controller trying to get more information about what the object actually is.

Valentich describes it as long, metallic and with a green light.

At one point the aircraft vanishes before suddenly reappearing on his other side.

It’s at this point that Valentich says his final, terrifying words: “It is hovering and it is not an aircraft.”

There is silence for 17 seconds before the transmission abruptly cuts off.

An extensive search was conducted of the water and any surrounding land but Valentich nor any indication of a crash site was ever found.

Photograph taken off Cape Otway 20 minutes before Valentich flew overhead.

Photograph taken off Cape Otway 20 minutes before Valentich flew overhead.Source:News Limited

The incident gained worldwide attention and sparked many conspiracy theories, with the most popular being that Valentich was abducted by a UFO.

Others concluded that he faked his own death or was flying upside down and the lights he saw were actually his own reflecting on the water before he crashed.

After the story came out there were contradicting reports about why the inexperienced pilot was heading to the island.

He had told his father that he was heading out to catch crayfish but later told flight officials that he was picking up some friends.

But even more questions were raised about Valentich’s intentions when it was revealed that he had not informed King Island airport of his intention to land.

A plaque at the Otway lighthouse commemorating his disappearance.

A plaque at the Otway lighthouse commemorating his disappearance.Source:Supplied

In a disturbing coincidence it was also discovered that Valentich was obsessed with UFO’s and had watched numerous movies and collected articles on the topic.

A week after he vanished the young pilot’s dad, Guido, told reporters that he was sure his son was still alive and was adamant that he had been taken by the UFO.

“All I am worried about is that he was released in a different area, very far away from where he was taken,” he told reporters.

All that remains now of Frederick Valentich’s infamous flight is a plaque at Otway lighthouse commemorating his strange disappearance.

https://www.news.com.au/travel/travel-advice/travellers-stories/pilots-strange-act-before-ufo-sighting/news-story/87e4379674a21a4380b561eb89650945
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: