Atlantis Online
April 20, 2024, 01:38:07 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Site provides evidence for ancient comet explosion
http://www.thenewstribune.com/news/nationworld/story/173177.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Whedon reveals he had no Thanos plans after Avengers cameos

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Whedon reveals he had no Thanos plans after Avengers cameos  (Read 80 times)
Bringer of Rain, Thunder and Snow, an Undying Saga of Earth

« on: July 24, 2018, 01:15:04 pm »

Whedon Reveals He Had No Thanos Plans After Avengers Cameos

Daniel YanofskyJul 24, 2018

http://www.superherohype.com/news/419549-whedon-reveals-he-had-no-thanos-plans-after-avengers-cameos#/slide/1

Whedon Reveals He Had No Thanos Plans After Avengers Cameos

Whedon reveals he had no Thanos plans after Avengers cameos

With Avengers: Infinity War the entire MCU was changed with a literal finger snap. Thanos, Mavel’s head villain, was brought to life thanks to the Russo Brothers and Josh Brolin.

Pre-order your own copy of Avengers: Infinity War by clicking here!

Joss Whedon, director of the first two Avengers films, had a much different idea for the Thanos character…namely he didn’t have any ideas. Speaking to IGN, Whedon revealed that the Thanos he teased in Marvel’s The Avengers was in-fact just a tease, and that he had no plans for the character that were being set up there beyond his appearance.

“Honestly, I kind of hung (Thanos) out to dry. I love Thanos. I love his apocalyptic vision, his love affair with death. I love his power. But, I don’t really understand it. He’s had a lot of power, and he was cool in the comics. And I’m like, Thanos is the ultimate Marvel villain! And then I was like, I don’t actually know what I would do with Thanos. So, I liked what (The Russo brothers) did so much, and I thought Josh Brolin killed it. And they did an amazing job of keeping that performance on-screen. But it wasn’t like I was like, here’s a set of directions. I was like, I’m gonna get through Ultron, nap for four years, and then I’ll come to the premiere. Which I did! It was like, this is so cool!”

Whedon went on to say that making the character more realistic seemed to be the only way to actually make the film work the way it did.

“I thought they did what they needed to do….They gave him an actual perspective and made him feel righteous to himself, which is always a better idea. So I liked what they did very much. I did not know about it, I certainly didn’t come up with it.”

Thanos will return in Avengers 4.

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: