Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 09:44:33 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Update About Cuba Underwater Megalithic Research
http://www.timstouse.com/EarthHistory/Atlantis/bimini.htm

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

The Bandage Man of Cannon Beach

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Bandage Man of Cannon Beach  (Read 316 times)
Black Scorpion
Superhero Member

« on: July 07, 2018, 08:10:28 pm »

I just found the information I was looking for regarding the ghost that is seen in people's cars up here in Oregon. It is called "The Bandage Man" and here is how the story goes, according to one researcher:

"A bit of Oregon esoterica for everyone, and it's a ghost story to boot: The Bandage Man of Cannon Beach."

"The Bandage Man is a phantom of a man completely wrapped in bandages that haunts this small community. The bloody figure, who smells of rotting flesh, jumps into vehicles passing on a road outside of town, notably pickup trucks or open-topped cars, but also sedans, station wagons, and even sports cars. Sometimes the mummy breaks windows or leaves behind bits of bloody or foul-smelling bandages. One legend has it that he is the ghost of a dead logger cut to pieces in a sawmill accident."

"The Bandage Man is sometimes said to eat dogs and may have murdered several people. He appears on the short approach road connecting US Highway 101 to Cannon Beach, between the town and where Highway 26 intersects with 101. The phantom always vanishes just before reaching town."

"I first came across the story of Bandage Man in the book Ghosts, Critters & Sacred Places of Washington and Oregon, and it stood out because it's not the typical "sounds and thumps in the night" type of ghost story that fills books like these."

"Not surprisingly, there's not much on the web about Bandage Man; digging around only reveals a handful of sites, with pretty much the same one or two paragraph description. However, I did find this post on the MysteryPlanet MSN Group that sheds light on the origin of the legend:"

"I was googling on the chance that I might find some mention somewhere of the Bandage Man. I have been aware of this story for over forty years. For I was a child in the community where it got it's start. I knew some of the family of the kid that first encountered the Bandage Man. There is an old road, that for all the years I was growing up was known as "Bandage Man Road". It was just an old section of Highway 101 that had been bypassed when a new section put in place, but it was still accessible and wasn't very long-just a short loop off of the highway-the whole thing from end to end could be driven in maybe five minutes or so."

"This loop of road was a popular place for local kids to go park and makeout."

"That is where the story started. One night, two of the local kids were up there doing just what teenaged boys and girls do when they are parked on dark lonely roads. The boy had an old chevy pickup and his girl and he were sitting in the cab. All off a sudden they felt the truck sort of lean, like something was moving around in the bed of the truck. They turned to look out the rear window and there looking back was a bandaged face, with only some wierd looking eyes showing through eyeholes in the bandages. The bandaged figure started beating on the glass, and the top of the cab. The kid started his engine, got it gear and tore out of there-his girlfriend screaming in terror as the man in the back continued his pounding. Any of you who've been to Bandage Man road, or Cannon Beach, know how curvey the roads are and to drive them at highspeed is dangerous. On they went, after what seemed an eternity they made it to downtown Cannon Beach, where the boy's family owned a service station that they lived next door to in green house. Once they got there, they looked in the back and the Bandaged figure was no where to be seen."

"I first heard this story back in 1960-61. And it's the original version. Some of the family of the kid still lives around here too, I know two of his brothers."

I guess you'd better watch out if you're driving around Cannon Beach, if you believe that sort of thing...

http://ashiana.conforums.com/index.cgi
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Black Scorpion
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2018, 08:11:12 pm »

http://www.chuggnutt.com/2005/03/11/bandage_man.html
Report Spam   Logged
Black Scorpion
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2018, 08:12:32 pm »

Cannon Beach - On the short approach road from Highway 101 to Cannon Beach - there is a phantom of a mummy known to locals as "Bandage Man." It jumps into the back of vehicles at night. The mummy has even been known to attack at times, leaving bits of his bandages behind. Bandage Man is said to eat dogs and has even murdered several people. Many believe him to be the ghost of a logger cut to pieces in a nearby sawmill. - June 2005 Update – Some believe the haunting is limited to "The short approach". There are stories about possible Bandage Man sightings from Lincoln City all the way to Seaside (about a 90 minute to two hour stretch of road). It has also been said that Bandage Man was once a criminal who was shot multiple times by police. Once he was being transferred from the Hospital to the jail, he escaped, ran into the woods, and hasn't been seen since. This would explain the bandages, as he was still covered in them.

http://theshadowlands.net/places/oregon.htm
Report Spam   Logged
Black Scorpion
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2018, 08:13:19 pm »

Bandage Man

Cannon Beach/Hwy 101

An obvious urban legend, that must be noted for it's uniqueness. A phantom form who has been blamed for murdering and eating dogs, appears on the road where Cannon Beach and Hwy 101 connect. He is covered with bloody bandages and rotting, foul smelling flesh, and will jump out attacking the approaching vehicle, and sometimes even into the open bed of trucks. The legend says he is the ghostly descendent of a logger who succumbed to his death; cut to pieces in a nearby sawmill

Ghost Tours

http://www.nwpprs.com/HAUNTED#%23%23%23%23%23OREGON/Tours.html
Report Spam   Logged
Black Scorpion
Superhero Member

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2018, 08:15:39 pm »

There are reports of Bandage Man sightings from Lincoln City all the way to Seaside (about a 90 minute to two hour stretch of road). I haven't heard of any recent sightings, but it could be that they haven't been reported. I'll let you know if I hear of any recent sightings. :-)

http://ashiana.conforums.com/index.cgi
Report Spam   Logged
Black Scorpion
Superhero Member

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2018, 08:17:20 pm »

My boyfriend and I had a huge experience with this. This week he just got his Chevy pick up. I found an article on ghost stories in Oregon and the bandage man was one of the stories. We live in Beaverton and there were many other haunted places we could have gone that were much closer but we were very interested in the bandage man story. So we hit 26 and I said I would drive there. Since we knew it was a possibility he would show up in the rear view he wanted to drive once we got close. We get to the point where you can either hit highway 101 or take a right to go to seaside. So I stop right before we get onto 101. I get out of the truck and walk towards the back of the truck and he stops and starts making out with me. Weird I know, but then I told him to stop because there are people around (it's 1 in the morning, there are not people around) we get in and we drive a good 10 miles down 101 and decide to turn around. At this point we thought maybe its a myth so I look up bandage man on the internet. This story pops up and I start reading. 1. It says a guy and his girlfriend are parked. 2. They're making out. 3. They're in a Chevy pickup. 4. Bandage man is known for being seen around the area we parked, right before you get off 26 to get onto highway 101. We did not see him but we couldn't believe how similar the experience was for us. Coincidence or not, it blew our minds and gave us chills.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: