Atlantis Online
March 29, 2024, 03:46:33 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 'Europe's oldest city' found in Cadiz
http://mathaba.net/rss/?x=566660

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Here's a list of MLB players who have been haunted by Milwaukee's Pfister Hotel

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Here's a list of MLB players who have been haunted by Milwaukee's Pfister Hotel  (Read 72 times)
Hunter of the Dead, Corrupter of the Tomb, the Deadthings
Superhero Member

« on: June 24, 2018, 07:58:18 pm »

Here's a list of MLB players who have been haunted by Milwaukee's Pfister Hotel
JR Radcliffe, Milwaukee Journal Sentinel Published 10:05 a.m. CT June 22, 2018 | Updated 10:30 a.m. CT June 22, 2018
Yankees_Nationals_Baseball_81393.jpg

(Photo: The Associated Press)
CONNECTTWEETLINKEDINCOMMENTEMAILMORE

Cardinals starter Carlos Martinez, who expressed his concern about ghosts at Milwaukee's historic Pfister Hotel on Instagram late Wednesday night, is nowhere near the first visiting MLB player to feel the effects of the supernatural downtown.

Top MLB players such as Justin Upton and Eric Gagne have said they don't sleep well in the hotel, which opened in 1893 and is perhaps the most high-profile hotel in the city.

RELATED: Miller Park sound crew capitalizes on eerie Cardinals defense with 'Ghostbusters' theme on Thursday night

#lotiguereasutao 👻👻👻👻👻👻 @franpena26 @thebigbear13ozuna @tphamlv @ambiorixreyes06 @carloslvilloria im sorry, i can't sleep alone tonight #ghost👻🙈 in my room.

A post shared by Carlos Martinez (@tsunamy0327) on Jun 20, 2018 at 8:18pm PDT

A look at the other players who have been kept awake by the Pfister Ghosts:
The Pfister Hotel viewed from the N. Jefferson St.

The Pfister Hotel viewed from the N. Jefferson St. side. The hotel is at the corner of E. Wisconsin Ave. and N. Jefferson St. in downtown Milwaukee. (Photo: Michael Sears / Milwaukee Journal Sentinel)
2001: Adrian Beltre

The Dodgers star said he heard knocking at his door while staying at the Pfister, even with the TV and air conditioner turned off.
2008: Carlos Gomez

It's a good thing that Gomez ultimately became a Brewer and didn't have to stay overnight in a hotel. In 2008 as a member of the Twins, he was quoted as saying "Everything's scary. Everything in the hotel -- the paintings and pictures, it's a lot of old, crazy stuff. No good, man. No good."
2009: Mike Cameron

The Brewers outfielder didn't actually have a story since he could live locally, but he said he'd never stay in the Pfister after hearing other players' stories.
2009: Brendan Ryan

"It was more like a moving light that kind of passed through the room," the Cardinals infielder told a local TV station. "The room got a little bit chillier."
2009: Pablo Sandoval

The Giants infielder told ESPN in 2013 about an experience he had in 2009. "I went to take a shower, and I remember putting my iPod next to a speaker. When I came out, it was playing music, and I have no idea why." Sandoval and teammate Edgar Renteria refused to stay with the rest of the team at hte Pfister in 2010.
2011: Michael Young

Also speaking in 2013, the former Rangers player said: "A couple of years ago, I was lying in bed after a night game, and I was out. My room was locked, but I heard these footsteps inside my room, stomping around."
2012: Bryce Harper

The Nationals star said one year after his experience: "I laid a pair of jeans and a shirt on that table at the foot of the bed. When I woke up in the morning -- I swear on everything -- the clothes were on the floor and the table was on the opposite side of the room."
2013: Brandon Phillips

In a lengthy ESPN article detailing other athletes' experiences, Phillips said he was in his room when the radio turned on. "So I turned it off, and got in the shower," he said. When he came back out, it was on again. The article also details a creepy undated experience by Angels pitcher C.J. Wilson.
2016: Ji-Man Choi

Another future Brewer, Choi was an Angel first baseman at the time when he reported feeling the presence of a spirit in his bed.
2016: Pedro Alvarez

Brewers manager Craig Counsell said two years ago he heard former Pirates infielder Pedro Alvarez had experienced weirdness at the hotel, which matches up with a story told in 2016 by Pirates manager Clint Hurdle. Hurdle didn't name names but said one of his players became spooked when a TV in his room turned on twice in one night.
2016: Jon Gray

Rockies pitcher Jon Gray, who has a passion for ghost hunting, got a chance to tackle the Pfister two years ago.

https://www.jsonline.com/story/sports/mlb/brewers/2018/06/22/haunted-hotel-list-mlb-players-who-say-there-ghosts-pfister/725118002/
Report Spam   Logged

One cannot look for too long into the abyss before the abyss stares back at you.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: