Atlantis Online
April 19, 2024, 12:16:35 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Giant crater may lie under Antarctic ice
http://space.newscientist.com/article/dn9268

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

SHADOWGRAM – OFFICIAL DARK SHADOWS NEWS ONLINE UPDATE # 404

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SHADOWGRAM – OFFICIAL DARK SHADOWS NEWS ONLINE UPDATE # 404  (Read 192 times)
Victoria Liss
Administrator
Superhero Member

« on: January 23, 2018, 12:31:47 am »

SHADOWGRAM – OFFICIAL DARK SHADOWS NEWS ONLINE UPDATE # 404

JANUARY 21, 2018

**** MARIE WALLACE IN NEW PLAY IN NYC – OPENING THIS WEEK

**** DAVID SELBY – RECENT ACTING PROJECTS

**** KATHRYN LEIGH SCOTT - NEW BOOKS, MAGAZINE ARTICLES, ACTING ROLE

**** SHADOWGRAM TO PREMIERE-ANNOUNCE 2018 DS EVENTS SOON

SHADOWGRAM – DARK SHADOWS NEWS ONLINE UPDATE # 404

JANUARY 21, 2018

The Official “Dark Shadows” News Online Updates by Email Posts

An Official Internet Publication of SHADOWGRAM –

THE OFFICIAL DARK SHADOWS NEWS SOURCE & NEWSLETTER

Marcy Robin – ShadowGram

P.O. Box 1766

Temple City, CA 91780-7766

Shadowgram@aol.com  OR   Shadowgram1@yahoo.com 

Each ShadowGram News Update is posted FIRST through the FREE ShadowGram Group List at Yahoo.com and then dispersed via other social media. Joining the Group is FREE. Easy directions follow and also are later in this Update.

You can directly join the FREE SHADOWGRAM Group List now at:  http://movies.groups.yahoo.com/group/ShadowGram/

To receive an invitation to join the ShadowGram Group List, or if you have questions, please directly email Marcy Robin at   ShadowGram@aol.com

SHADOWGRAM UPDATE NUMBER 404

JANUARY 21, 2018

Hello, Dark Shadows Fan,

ShadowGram (SG), The Official Newsletter & News Source for DARK SHADOWS (DS), provides the following confirmed information in this ShadowGram Official Dark Shadows News Online Update "Bulletin" via the FREE ShadowGram Group List at Yahoo.com

****MARIE WALLACE IN NEW OFF-BROADWAY PLAY IN NYC – JAN. 24-FEB. 4

SHAODWGRAM thanks and congratulates MARIE (Eve, Jenny, Megan) for her latest acting news, and encourages many fans to attend and enjoy her performance.

MARIE shares: “Right now I'm involved in a charming Off-Broadway play produced by American Renaissance Theatre Co.(ARTC) and titled ‘New York Encounter’ by Fran Handman, which is part of an overall production of short plays, poetry, and song.

“The entire production is called ‘Look Me In The Eyes.’ It is at the Director's Studio in NYC (Manhattan) the last week of January and first week of February. Performances are Wed. 1/24 through Sun. evenings at 7:30pm, and matinees on Sat, 1/27 and 2/3 at 2pm, plus Sun. 1/28 at 3pm and Sun. 2/4 at 2pm.”

Theater Publicity: WinterWorks2018: LOOK ME IN THE EYES: “An engaging observation of couples and coupling taking place at the intimate Directors Studio…. Whether it be old love, new love, borrowed love or blue love, ‘Look Me in the Eyes’ offers a distinctive variety of couples. In an informal ‘up close and personal’ setting, 9 actors, 6 playwrights, and a poet explore the ways in which we stay together – or don't. Their portrayals range from longtime married partners to others on the brink of commitment, from cherished companions to strangers meeting in a park, from couples united by their fears to those whose insecurities make it difficult to trust. All material was developed in the Workshop at ARTC, a professional, intergenerational company of talented newcomers working alongside veterans of stage, screen, and television.”

Director’s Studio of the Directors Company, 311 43rd St., NYC. 800-836-3006. The location is near Rockefeller Center and Radio City Music Hall.

TICKETS by Phone: Brown Paper Tickets: 1-800-838-3006

Fans attending performances are asked to please share with SHADOWGRAM their reports, photos, program books, publicity materials, media reviews, etc. Please send all materials to Marcy Robin at the ShadowGram postal- or e- mail addresses included in this Update. Thank you in advance. 

***** DAVID SELBY – RECENT ACTING PROJECTS

DAVID (Quentin) and his wife Chip provide news about his 2017 and upcoming 2018 projects:

“David’s work schedule took him to Washington DC for a Gala at Ford’s Theatre; to (his home state) West Virginia for a poignant film, BACK FORK; to the Boston area to shoot a nice scene in an episode of the new Stephen King TV series CASTLE ROCK; and back to Los Angeles late in 2017 for another scene in the 2nd season of the Marvel FX series LEGION.” 2018 will be full also, with his writing and more acting projects.”

He and Chip spent time last year in Florence, Italy, and Paris, “as well as our annual visits with friends and family in West Virginia and Virginia.”

CASTLE ROCK is a new original series from Hulu, due in 2018. Hulu description: “The world of Stephen King is coming to television in CASTLE ROCK, a new original series.

---- “CASTLE ROCK, a psychological-horror series set in the Stephen King multiverse, combines the mythological scale and intimate character storytelling of King’s best-loved works, weaving an epic saga of darkness and light, played out on a few square miles of Maine woodland. The fictional Maine town of Castle Rock has figured prominently in King’s literary career: Cujo, The Dark Half, IT and Needful Things, as well as novella The Body… Numerous short stories such as Rita Hayworth and The Shawshank Redemption are either set there or contain references to Castle Rock. (This series) is an original suspense/thriller — a first-of-its-kind re-imagining that explores the themes and worlds uniting the entire King canon, while brushing up against some of his most iconic and beloved stories.”

---- BACK FORK Description: “A timely and relevant independent film deals with the opioid crisis in Appalachia. Based on real experiences, it was partly funded by public support in a Kickstarter campaign. Director/star Josh Stewart: “The story I’m telling is fiction. I’ve made it all up. But these universal truths are real. This struggle is real. Addiction is very real and what’s happening with prescription opioids is truly an epidemic. I was born and raised in West Virginia. I know this land, I know the people, and I know their stories. They are my home. I see this picture so clearly because I’ve lived with the truths in this film for years. Some of them my whole life.”

Josh explains on video: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1159798350/back-fork/updates

Publicity: “BACK FORK is the story of everyman Waylon, struggling to hold his life and family together after a heartbreaking tragedy. He and his wife Nida barely recognize themselves, let alone each other. Their inability to continue on and heal leaves them hopeless. With the growing burden of the unanswered questions of why, and a heavy dose of self-blame, it’s only a matter of time before Waylon turns to the magic of the pills to make the problems disappear. He finds a kindred spirit in his sister, Raylene, as he sleepwalks through life with addiction. It's only a matter of time until Waylon finds himself at a crossroads. He learns that he's been asking the wrong question all along. The question isn't "Why?" It's: "Where do I go from here?" He's then able to see that we’re all wounded animals. Sometimes we die, but sometimes we live.”

Please share with SHADOWGRAM any media coverage you find about CASTLE ROCK and/or BACK FORK. (SG/Marcy Robin contact Addresses are within this Update.)

***** KATHRYN LEIGH SCOTT: MAGAZINE ARTICLES, NEW BOOKS. ACTING ROLES

KATHRYN (Maggie, Josette, Kitty, Rachel) asks SHADOWGRAM to share her news.

She is pictured on the cover of, and has an article in, ARTHRITI

S TODAY Magazine (February 2018). She also has an article in the December 2017 CLOSER Magazine.

Kathryn: “Both articles reference DS, with a photo of David, Lara, and me in Closer. I'm fully back to acting and writing and really enjoying both. My trilogy of books (Now With You, Now Without, Happy Hours and A Welcome Respite) were published by Grand Harbor and are available on Amazon in print, ebook and audio. I also completed filming ‘The Eleventh Green,’ a feature film in which I play Mamie Eisenhower.”

**** SHADOWGRAM WILL ANNOUNCE OFFICIAL DS EVENTS AS THEY ARE CONFIRMED

As always, SHADOWGRAM OFFICIAL DARK SHADOWS ONLINE NEWS UPDATES continue to provide all the latest official news and announcements for DS events and products. This includes upcoming 2018 fan/DS personnel gatherings centered around premiere and promotional screenings for the new DS documentary, with guests, autographs, and more, at date(s) and location(s). This information will be announced by SHADOWGRAM as confirmed.

Fans on the ShadowGram Yahoo Group List always receive these announcement posts FIRST.

SHADOWGRAM began announcing/reporting/updating the definitive DS news in print almost 50 years ago, in April, 1978, and online in September, 2001. These Online News Updates give you the official information provided directly to me by many established DS source: Members of the DS cast/crew, Dan Curtis Productions, the DS Festival/Official Fan Club, MPI, Big Finish Productions, Hermes Press, the media, and other confirmed sources.

I appreciate and thank all who participate and support SG.

**** Each of these SHADOWGRAM OFFICIAL DARK SHADOWS NEWS ONLINE UPDATES premiere-announce and report the latest confirmed DS information FIRST through the FREE ShadowGram Group List at Yahoo.com

To be FIRST to receive each upcoming ShadowGram News Online Update post direct in your inbox as it is released, please follow these easy steps.

--- If you’re already a Yahoo member, go to the yahoo.com website. Find the GROUPS tab on the main page. Click there, type   Shadowgram   in the Search box, and click again. It will take you to the Group. Continue from there.

---- If you’re not already a Yahoo member of the ShadowGram Group, please go to http://movies.groups.yahoo.com/group/ShadowGram/

Then follow the steps to become a Group member.

---- If you prefer, you can request an invitation directly from SHADOWGRAM. This makes it even easier to receive each Update as soon as it is posted.

For an invitation or more information, please send your request with your full name and full email address to   Marcy Robin at her email address: ShadowGram@aol.com

Once you join the Group or accept the invitation, you directly will receive the breaking-news Updates via email as they are posted. You also can see past news developments as they happened by reading recent Updates at the ShadowGram Group page at Yahoo.com.

---- PLEASE NOTE: Should you want to change your recipient email address for the Yahoo Group, you must go to Yahoo.com yourself and do so through the Groups link. I cannot change your address for you.

**** This - and every – Update is posted FIRST to the ShadowGram Group at Yahoo.com, then sent to a number of DS Facebook groups, then shared and dispersed by interested fans to various lists, boards, websites, groups, blogs, pages, Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, etc., in individual personal emails, and other online / print communications.

PLEASE always include ShadowGram's complete e- and postal- mail addresses and subscription information in all of your online sharing. Thank you.

Each SHADOWGRAM Online News Update features confirmed news and information that I receive directly from the DS cast/crew about their projects and activities; Dan Curtis Productions; the DARK SHADOWS Festival/Offiial Fan Club; Big Finish Productions; MPI; special events; the media, and others involved in DS today.

Fans everywhere always are encouraged to please share any DS-related materials at any time. These can be on-air, in print, and online, international, nationwide, or local, including media publicity and mentions, photos, articles, reviews, interviews, commentaries, etc. Fans attending personal appearances or performances by the DS cast always are encouraged to please share their reports, photos, video footage, program books, local publicity, media articles, interviews, reviews, etc. All such items can be hard copies (photographs, newspapers, magazines, program books, flyers). You can e-mail photos and articles at high resolution or send materials via postal-mail. Please always include your full name and the complete name and date of the source. Please send all such items directly to ShadowGram’s postal- and/or e- mail addresses below.

All DARK SHADOWS information is important to ShadowGram, which announces and reports to fans of all ages and backgrounds, across the U.S. and beyond. Since the 1970s, I’ve known and worked closely with the DS cast/crew members, related contacts, the media, and others in numerous capacities over those decades. They directly share with me their news, information, project details, and messages to the fans for SHADOWGRAM to announce and report. They also enjoy learning about their DS colleagues through these email  SHADOWGRAM Updates.

SHADOWGRAM (SG) is the recognized * Official* "Dark Shadows" News Source. First established as a published print newsletter 38 years ago in April, 1979, ShadowGram has always worked closely and directly with the DS personnel, Dan Curtis Productions, the DS Festival, related individuals, companies, and others involved then and now in DS' creation, distribution, promotion, merchandise, etc.

For more information or questions: Please email or send a SASE (Self-Addressed Stamped Envelope) to the following e-mail or postal-mail addresses.

Thank you.

Marcy Robin

ShadowGram@aol.com

ShadowGram1@yahoo.com

Marcy Robin / ShadowGram

P.O. Box 1766

Temple City, CA 91780-7766
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: