Atlantis Online
March 29, 2024, 03:40:22 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Scientists Confirm Historic Massive Flood in Climate Change
http://www.giss.nasa.gov/research/news/20060228/

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Kiwi selling 'haunted' painting after spooky activity in home

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kiwi selling 'haunted' painting after spooky activity in home  (Read 278 times)
Vlad the Impaler
Superhero Member

« on: January 20, 2018, 05:42:29 pm »

Kiwi selling 'haunted' painting after spooky activity in home
15 Jan, 2018 2:51pm

A Kiwi Trade Me user is keen to flog off a piece of artwork believed to be haunted. Photo / Flickr
NZ Herald

A Kiwi Trade Me user is looking to flog off a piece of "haunted" artwork after witnessing a string of "unexplained" activities inside their home.

The painting of a Soul Bowl was purchased in a Pauanui antique store, but the art owner suspects "something came into the house with it."

Taking to Trade Me, the seller wrote: "Creepy painting, comes with its own shadow person.

"Purchased in Pauanui at Antique shop, suspect it is haunted, not cursed but suspect something came into the house with it."

The painting, described as
The painting, described as "haunted", is being sold after the owner witnessed a number of spooky activities since bringing the painting home. Photo / Heylin, Trade Me

But it was the multiple unexplained incidents that spooked the seller.

She explained that the painting fell off the wall one night while experiencing other paranormal events.

"Another night a shadowy figure was cast (moving) from the upstairs room window where painting is hung (no one in room)", the seller wrote.
The painting was purchased at a Pauanui antique shop. Photo / Heylin, Trade Me
The painting was purchased at a Pauanui antique shop. Photo / Heylin, Trade Me

After further investigation "my own shadow was cast onto the driveway when I looked out the window ... creepy ... partner asleep and no one else in house.

"Selling as it's just too creepy to have.

"Great for someone who is interested in the paranormal."

The starting price for the "Haunted painting" is $40.

The bidding closes on Friday, January 19 at 5.14pm.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11975442
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Vlad the Impaler
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2018, 05:46:41 pm »

The painting shows what has been described as a 'soul bowl'. Image Credit: TradeMe / heylin
An acrylic painting purchased from an antique store has earned itself something of a haunted reputation.
Ever since acquiring the piece, the anonymous owner claims to have been plagued by a spate of paranormal occurrences as well as sightings of a 'shadow figure' in their own home.

"Purchased in Pauanui at Antique shop, suspect it is haunted, not cursed but suspect something came into the house with it," they wrote on New Zealand online auction site TradeMe.

"Fell off the wall one night, and another night a shadowy figure was cast (moving) from the upstairs room window where painting is hung (no one in room)."

"Selling as it's just too creepy to have. Great for someone who is interested in the paranormal."

The painting, which had a reserve of $40 NZD, has since been sold at auction for $150 NZD.

The original listing can be viewed - here.

https://www.trademe.co.nz/art/paintings/abstract/acrylic/auction-1517195613.htm
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: