Atlantis Online
April 18, 2024, 07:35:30 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: THE SEARCH FOR ATLANTIS IN CUBA
A Report by Andrew Collins
http://www.andrewcollins.com/page/articles/atlantiscuba.htm

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Mysterious Headlights

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mysterious Headlights  (Read 69 times)
Kendall Conway
Superhero Member

« on: December 10, 2017, 03:46:32 pm »

Mysterious Headlights
Posted on 12-10-2017

By: John | Location: Morgan County, Alabama

I've had a few things happen in my life to make me take a 2nd glance, but overall, I don't believe in the paranormal beyond a personal belief in God. That being said I like this kinda thing as entertainment, but the story you're about to read is true.

I guess it was 1991 when a friend and I were going to Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey at the late movie showing because we didn't have anything better to do at the time. Still love that movie (lol). Anyway, he lived out towards Massey. I picked him up and we were going to Decatur.

Nothing was going on. There was no traffic on the road either way. It was sometime after 9pm and we were just laughing and talking along the way. I recall that it got quiet. We were just listening to the radio.

I saw some headlights shining over a small hill so I dimmed my lights. They dimmed theirs as well. We went on for a bit and I wasn't thinking about it until we got to Nancyford Road in Hartselle. I asked my friend, "What kind of car did we pass back when I dimmed my lights?"

He was visibly uncomfortable. I can't recall why I felt that way, but he looked just "not right" for him. He took a breath and said, "I didn't know if you noticed or not. We didn't pass a car."

Now you might be thinking that the car turned into a driveway or a side road or any of 100 things that cars do, but that's not the case. At the time there were only a few houses on the road (I can't recall the name) and they were closer to Falkville. The rest of the road was hills and trees so close that you couldn't even get out of the road if you pulled over. There was a single bridge that was almost too small for 2 cars to pass side by side and no roads came off of it. It ran from Highway 55 in Morgan County outside of Falkville to Nancyford Road in Hartselle.

So, we turned around to backtrack. I had my headlights on bright because there was nobody else on the road. We went back and forth between 55 and Nancyford Road enough times that the police would have pulled me over if they saw me just to see what I was doing. We got to the point where we both thought was saw the lights. There was nothing and nowhere for a vehicle to go. We missed the movie that night looking for any sign of anything to explain what we saw.

I know what you might be thinking again, it could have been somebody playing a joke. We thought that as well, but if it was kids the trees on the side of the road were small and close enough together that we couldn't get between them and anybody small enough wouldn't have been out there alone in the dark.

Here's the kicker. The next day I talked to my dad about that road. He'd owned a wrecker business in the past. I asked if anybody had ever died on that road. Yes, somebody had. A car ran off that bridge and the driver died. We were close to that bridge when we saw the lights. I dimmed mine. The lights dimmed in response, but we never saw another vehicle.

Was it a ghost? I don't know. Was it a joke? I don't know. All I know is what I saw and that my friend was scared.

Anybody else got a story like this?
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: