Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 03:53:51 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Hunt for Lost City of Atlantis
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/3227295.stm

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

my ghostly work experiences

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: my ghostly work experiences  (Read 64 times)
Kendall Conway
Superhero Member

« on: December 10, 2017, 03:36:05 pm »

my ghostly work experiences

by MadAbz

my Full time job is in care for the elderly so I have been around death a lot and seen people pass, but my experiences happen either when they are gone or just about to leave this world. the first was when I had started night, I had heard stories about the care home being haunted but thought 'eh, work gossip' one night we were working a staff member down and it was around 3.30 am and me and the other carer sat down for the first time that night, the lead of the staff was a hard ass and made us wok in the dark so we were sat in literal darkness bar the green glow of emergency lighting when from a corner of the room came a large black shadow, it went from said corner all the way around the walls until it came to an arch way then vanished. At first I thought it was a light from outside but there was no possible was the building had these thick heavy blackout curtains and they were all closed, so the only logical thing was I was just so damn tired, until the carer next to me whispered "did you see that?" she described the exact same thing I had seen only adding she saw it leave out of the dining room.

The next one was after a man passed away, it was customary to let the room rest after someone passed on and re paint them as well, sort of a mourning period, this is normally a week or two depending. This room in particular had been at rest for about three to four days at this time and was currently being repainted. we had only started work and I was doing the rounds when I saw the back end of a black shoe and leg enter the room and the door slam shut, I thought the handyman had left it open and a resident confused it for theirs so I went to get them out, only when I tried the door it was locked, it wasn't a big surprise all the bedroom doors could lock from the inside and I had a key so I opened it, but the room was empty, lights on and empty I even looked in the bathroom adjoining it but no one. In a little panic I apologised and locked the room back up, I like to think the man who had just passed was visiting his room one last time.

however the worst one I ever had was when I was alone, there was one corridor in the building that always felt a little off, it could be because it was at a slight curve and you couldn't see all the way down it but never the less no one wanted to go there alone. bar me, yeah I didn't get the same warning like everyone else did so on the midnight check I walked the hall alone, I entered through this large double door and walked several steps before I just couldn't walk anymore, I froze on the spot and couldn't explain why. I was terrified, I felt like my whole body was telling me to not go any farther cause if I did I would see something I wouldn't like, something that wouldn't like me. Have you ever come face to face with a wild animal or a mad dog and instead or turning and running you froze, that was what I was doing. it was a couple of minutes and I had this cold sweat running down me, shaking I closed my eyes and turned to the double doors and felt for the handle, it sounds stupid but at the time I thought seeing whatever was there must be so bad I just couldn't open my eyes. I walked back to the other carers and started crying. They said I was as white a sheet and I felt cold as ice. I told them what happened and one of the carers who had been there over five years said "oh yeah that Earl, he hates young people, he likes to stand at the end of the corridor looking out into the fields in front of the care home"  would have been nice to know

i still work in care but in a new care home, it is a all new build and no one has passed on yet but only time will tell weather or not i shall experience other worldly activities like these again
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: