Atlantis Online
April 18, 2024, 12:50:14 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Remains of ancient civilisation discovered on the bottom of a lake
http://en.rian.ru/analysis/20071227/94372640.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

The Haunting 1963

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Haunting 1963  (Read 396 times)
Brittany
Superhero Member

« on: November 12, 2017, 04:46:38 pm »

ill House aka Ettington Park, Stratford-Upon-Avon, UK
Ettington Park

The exterior scenes of The Haunting were shot in Ettington Park, Stratford-Upon-Avon, UK, Europe, whilst the interior scenes were shot in the MGM-British Studios, Borehamwood, UK, Europe.
Now
Foreword

It's very difficult to describe what it feels like for a fan to visit the house. When I turned 40 yo, for my birthday, I decided it was high time I paid a visit to Ettington Park aka Hill House for the very first time. I fondly remember the thrill when I peeked at the tower, above the trees, as I was approaching with my car. And then, after a curve, the house appeared. Of course, it looked so familiar and yet so strange (in colour!). I had booked one of the beautiful suites, right in front of the house, facing the park. What a memorable experience it was!

Ettington Park is a great location, great hotel, grand hotel to be accurate, with friendly staff and splendid rooms. I have found memories of my stay plus 1.500+ photos and videos to help me remember everything. If you are in Europe, I would highly recommend a visit.
Ettington Park, Photo #1050932

Ettington Park, Alderminster, Stratford-upon-Avon, Warwickshire, CV37 8BU, UK, Europe, also known as Hill House.

This picture was taken the day I arrived, at the end of the afternoon, before dusk, before the dark comes. I like it because most of the pictures you'll find on Internet will show you a front, right side or back side picture, but no one seems to care about the left side of the house. Now you can see it too.

Funnily, I rarely slept so deeply. I woke up so relaxed every day! I immediately felt "at home"! I had the room that you see in the middle of the picture: a suite located on the first floor, on the left side of the house. This suite is absolutely gorgeous. I will publish more pictures later.
You're here for Shakespeare? Well, No!

It's almost a running joke. A lot of people — mostly hotel guests — will ask you: so, you're here for the Shakespeare festival too? [Replace festival by any Shakespeare-related event or place]. But, no, I'm not here for Shakespeare, I'm here for the House. I know Shakespeare was born right here, nearby, but, no, I'm not interested and not ashamed to say.

Practically speaking, I would strongly advise you to book a long time in advance, plus to check if your travel dates are not coinciding or colliding with a Shakespeare-related event, festival, retrospective, special exhibition, etc.
Stratford-Upon-Avon, UK, Europe

Isn't it ironic to think that Shakespeare was born in Stratford-Upon-Avon, UK, Europe, where you can also find the superb Ettington Park hotel — where the exteriors scenes of 'The Haunting' were shot?

If you stay at Ettington Park for a few days, a lot of the visitors of the hotel will be there precisely because of Shakespeare, and not for 'The Haunting'. Apparently, Shakespeare attracts more visitors. Weird, isn't?
On the map
Alderminster, Stratford-Upon-Avon, UK, Europe

Ettington Park
Alderminster
Stratford-upon-Avon
Warwickshire
CV37 8BU
UK
Europe

Click here to display a Google Map

Exteriors
Ettington Park, Exteriors, Photo #1050868

http://www.the-haunting.com/the-haunting-the-house.html
Report Spam   Logged

"Silence lays steadily against the wood and stone of Hill House, and we who walk here, walk alone."

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: