Atlantis Online
March 18, 2024, 09:57:29 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Ice Age blast 'ravaged America'
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/6676461.stm

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Entire Guardians cast wants James Gunn reinstated for Vol. 3

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Entire Guardians cast wants James Gunn reinstated for Vol. 3  (Read 1079 times)
I Am a Fugitive from the Chain Gang
Superhero Member

« on: July 30, 2018, 01:08:08 pm »

Entire Guardians Cast Wants James Gunn Reinstated for Vol. 3

Max EvryJul 30, 2018

http://www.superherohype.com/news/419747-entire-guardians-cast-wants-james-gunn-reinstated-for-vol-3#/slide/1

Entire Guardians Cast Wants James Gunn Reinstated for Vol. 3

Entire Guardians cast wants James Gunn reinstated for Vol. 3

Ten days ago the film world was rocked by the news that Walt Disney Studios had fired writer/director James Gunn from the forthcoming Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3. The decision came after transgressive Tweets by the director from 2009-2012 were unearthed, Tweets which previously stirred up controversy back in 2012. Now the entire main Guardians cast, namely Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, Dave Bautista, Bradley Cooper, Vin Diesel, Karen Gillan, Sean Gunn, Pom Klementieff and Michael Rooker, have written an open letter showing their support of having James Gunn reinstated as director of Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3.

Here is the first paragraph:

“We fully support James Gunn. We were all shocked by his abrupt firing last week and have intentionally waited these ten days to respond in order to think, pray, listen, and discuss. In that time, we’ve been encouraged by the outpouring of support from fans and members of the media who wish to see James reinstated as as director of Volume 3 as well as discouraged by those so easily duped into believing the many outlandish conspiracy theories surrounding him.”

You can read the entire signed statement below…

If you please, read the statement written and signed by The Guardians of the Galaxy cast in support of James Gunn’s reinstatement as director of GOTG Volume 3. pic.twitter.com/TjNA9RF6M8

— Zoe Saldana (@zoesaldana) July 30, 2018

RELATED: Guardians of the Galaxy Stars Defend James Gunn

This was James Gunn’s statement at the time of his firing from the upcoming Guardians sequel, saying:

“My words of nearly a decade ago were, at the time, totally failed and unfortunate efforts to be provocative. I have regretted them for many years since — not just because they were stupid, not at all funny, wildly insensitive, and certainly not provocative like I had hoped, but also because they don’t reflect the person I am today or have been for some time. Regardless of how much time has passed, I understand and accept the business decisions taken today. Even these many years later, I take full responsibility for the way I conducted myself then. All I can do now, beyond offering my sincere and heartfelt regret, is to be the best human being I can be: accepting, understanding, committed to equality, and far more thoughtful about my public statements and my obligations to our public discourse. To everyone inside my industry and beyond, I again offer my deepest apologies. Love to all.”

Walt Disney Studios chairman Alan Horn justified the firing in a brief statement: “The offensive attitudes and statements discovered on James’ Twitter feed are indefensible and inconsistent with our studio’s values, and we have severed our business relationship with him.”

Earlier this year, director James Gunn revealed that Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 would be released in 2020. Filming was scheduled to start this Fall in Atlanta, but it is unknown if the film will keep to this schedule. The third Guardians film was meant to be the final outing for the original team lineup, and set up future films in the cosmic arena of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Keep checking back to ComingSoon.net for more developments in the fate of Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3.

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

I Am a Fugitive from the Chain Gang
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2018, 01:12:57 pm »

'Guardians of the Galaxy' cast wants ousted director James Gunn reinstated

Sandra Gonzalez

By Sandra Gonzalez, CNN

Updated 1:56 PM ET, Mon July 30, 2018

Disney director fired after offensive tweets

Disney director fired after offensive tweets

Disney director fired after offensive tweets  01:53

(CNN) — The "Guardians of the Galaxy" cast has issued an open letter in support of ousted director James Gunn.

The cast -- including Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana and Bradley Cooper -- said in a statement released Monday that they were "shocked" by the director's "abrupt firing" last week from the third installment of the franchise and have "been encouraged by the outpouring of support from fans and members of the media who wish to see James reinstated as director of Volume 3."

Disney parted ways with Gunn after a number of offensive tweets of his from the past resurfaced. The director's tweets began making rounds after conservative blogs highlighted the years-old statements, which made references to pedophilia and molestation.

The Walt Disney Studios chairman Alan Horn called Gunn's comments "indefensible and inconsistent with our studio's values" in a statement announcing Gunn's termination.

Gunn said he accepted Disney's decision and apologized for "the way I conducted myself."

If you please, read the statement written and signed by The Guardians of the Galaxy cast in support of James Gunn's reinstatement as director of GOTG Volume 3. pic.twitter.com/TjNA9RF6M8
— Zoe Saldana (@zoesaldana) July 30, 2018
"All I can do now, beyond offering my sincere and heartfelt regret, is to be the best human being I can be: accepting, understanding, committed to equality, and far more thoughtful about my public statements and my obligations to our public discourse," he said in a statement.

In wake of his exit from "Guardians," Gunn has found several supporters in Hollywood, including Selma Blair and comedian Patton Oswalt.

Saldana, Pratt and fellow cast member Dave Bautista previously acknowledged the controversy on social media, but the cast letter marks the most notable show of support for Gunn yet.

"We cannot let this moment pass without expressing our love, support and gratitude for James," the cast said. "We are not here to defend his jokes of many years ago but rather to share out experience having spent many years together on set making Guardians of the Galaxy 1 and 2."

The cast added, "The character [Gunn] has shown in the wake of his firing is consistent with the man he was every day on set, and his apology, now and from years ago when first addressing these remarks, we believe is from the heart, a heart we all know, trust and love."

The statement also seems to acknowledge an effort by some conservative blogs to target Gunn, a vocal opponent of President Donald Trump.

"There is little due process in the court of public opinion. James is likely not the last good person to be put on trial," the statement said. "Given the growing political divide in this country, it's safe to say instances like this will continue, although we hope Americans from across the political spectrum can ease up on the character assassinations and stop weaponizing mob mentality."

Gunn has not commented on the cast letter.

"In casting each of us to help him tell the story of misfits who find redemption, he changed our lives forever," the cast's statement added. "We believe the theme of redemption has never been more relevant than now."

Karen Gillan, Sean Gunn, Vin Diesel, Pom Klementieff and Michael Rooker also signed the letter.

"Each of us looks forward to working with our friend James again in the future. His story isn't over -- not by a long shot," the cast members said.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/30/entertainment/guardians-of-the-galaxy-cast-statement-james-gunn/index.html

Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: